Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by budsyralli »

Can you feel the shift?
go taff!
Sprout
Fanboi

Post by Sprout »

Listened about 15 times last night, just had another play, still fucking incredible. Fine wine TOOL, so many subtle differences. A beautifully composed piece of music.
DeadGuyAle
of Arimathea

Post by DeadGuyAle »

wife and I listened to it on the Home Pods and wow! we both love it. Can't wait for the full album release
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

We need to petition to get Hellboy an advanced copy Fromm tool. I mean, come on. He’s done more for Tool fans than Tool, shouldn’t they recognize that?

Doubt a petition would do anything, just think he deserves some recognition from Tool.
SteveBobSteve
PulsedHalo
Has been

Post by PulsedHalo »

snazzlefrass wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:10 pm We need to petition to get Hellboy an advanced copy Fromm tool. I mean, come on. He’s done more for Tool fans than Tool, shouldn’t they recognize that?

Doubt a petition would do anything, just think he deserves some recognition from Tool.
omg that picture :lol: :lol: :lol:
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

Shed523 wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:39 pm Alright I’ll say it Fear Inoculum is a better song than Stinkfist Schism and Vicarious all bring the first “single” off each corresponding album.
Not sure yet but I think schism takes the cake for best single out of those. And if you’re going all time, not sure schism beats sober? Better song but not better single. Sober wins that.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

ms2r wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:21 am Amazon.co.uk
Amazon.de
Amazon.nl
amazon uk:

amazon de:

Are you fucking kidding me? 100€ ? Fuck you, amazon.
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
Sprout
Fanboi

Post by Sprout »

rshforgothispw wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:15 pm
Shed523 wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:39 pm Alright I’ll say it Fear Inoculum is a better song than Stinkfist Schism and Vicarious all bring the first “single” off each corresponding album.
Not sure yet but I think schism takes the cake for best single out of those. And if you’re going all time, not sure schism beats sober? Better song but not better single. Sober wins that.
Sober is the worst song they've ever written.
PulsedHalo
Has been

Post by PulsedHalo »

Sprout wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:27 pm
LOL. Here we go.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

PulsedHalo wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:24 pm
xZ1mM3r wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:20 pm
ziggy23 wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:12 pm Image
This is interesting. Where did you find it? And where are the rest?
I second this. Very intriguing. To me this would mean that track 6 and 7 make up the 18 minute song that was discussed so track 6 is probably a segue.
- You like noisy music?
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

Sprout wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:27 pm
Maybe but it’s their best single
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

I’m thinking descending could be track 2 it would abruptly end right into Justin’s rolling chord at the beginning. Along with the cymbal crashes it could line up well.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

amazon usa price right now (instead of 44$ previously)

- You like noisy music?
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Spoonman wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:18 pm
liz wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:04 pm
M0G wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:58 pm

Don't do that. He has the right to be underwhelmed. It took me 20 listens to get this song. Everyone has different tastes it does no good taking a dig at someone for feeling differently. Let's keep things in context. It is music and is incredibly subjective.
When you wish to send the band a personal message of your indifference (which is arguably the worst criticism) you belong on the grudge thread.
I/we love Tool more than any other band, still considering all the amazing musicians out there.
Tool have a very unique and strange way of marketing in basically starving their fans/keeping their expectations ultra-high for any little bit they publish, be it high quality or not.
I have no doubt that it works for them (and I still love them, just to say) but they and any other person have to accept that I or we may not be sooooo much overwhelmed by their new stuff as they might have thought. That's just reality.

PS: Sorry for any linguistical mistakes. I would love to write it down much better, but getting to my limits...
I understand what you are saying I think. That possibly your very high expectations led to disappointment?

Sometimes our preconceptions and expectations make it difficult to listen and absorb with a completely open receptive mind. And sure you didn't like it but didn't really tell us why. I believe you have now.

PS You seemed to be on top of the linguistics to my ear.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Post by Pimple »

It just gets better and better to me with every subsequent listen. I am absolutely hanging to hear the whole album in its entirety.
Be good to each other.
myke
Maynard Believer

Post by myke »

I cant stop listening to this song pls help
Sprout
Fanboi

Post by Sprout »

myke wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:43 pm I cant stop listening to this song pls help
:lol: YES!

It has this 80s Heavy Metal/Dune/Moebius futuristic synth/prog feel crossed with what futuristic synth/prog feels like from now. Invincible felt like that too. They're so much better in so many subtle ways. Love those more positive feeling notes/chords Adam's playing. Then brutal Tool kicks on too. Magic.
Last edited by Sprout on Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I've listened to it probably 20 times yet Descending is the one still stuck in my head.
Canned audience laughter
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

I have probably listened about 15 times. I still like when the bass comes in. Justin has the best production. I can get over the vocals (although the brigde is the same as Puscifer's Grand Canyon), but what I can't get over is how bad the drums sound. The body and artculation are gated/eq'd out (hi hats sound almost like plastic, tom are farty), the cymbals are mixed really low, and it sounds like the kit is sinking into the bottom of th mix.
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

dundundundun
dundundundundun
dundundundun
dundundundundun

BLEEP BLEEP BLOOP BLOOP BEEP BEEP BLOOP BLOOP

dundundundun
dundundundundun
dundundundun
dundundundundun
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

tys0n wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:20 pm I've listened to it probably 20 times yet Descending is the one still stuck in my head.
The last two minutes in FI is prob the greatest 2 mins of a tool song ever but I agree. Descending is still the best so far. Can’t wait for the studio version.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Just had my 4th listen. Still struggling with the Puscifer vocal section a little bit but once it sinks in I'm sure I'll be fine with it. Other than that it's one hell of an opener.

Sucks to be you boldazir. my ears aren't overly attuned as much as others so to me the drums and overall entire production sounds fucking mint to me. Hope it gets better for ya.
Listen to All Them Witches
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

Cymbals do sound low but the toms and bass drum sounds perfect
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

Holy shit, you guys, just realized how similar the fonts are! (No, Tool didn't rip them off, I'm not saying that at all, I just love Thin Lizzy)

I only realized that because I'm drinking this:

While listening to this because I've already listened to Fear Inoculum 10x today:

Last edited by limeygringo on Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

The vocals have really grown on me, Maynard really sounds ethereal here when mixed with the other three, just floating through the music instead of trying to cut through like he used to do, back to the subtleness I always enjoyed about his vocals.
Canned audience laughter