Fear Inoculum

Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by Busty McCracken »

You raise a bloody solid point there Tyson, why the hell didn't I think of that?!! Especially the double that that, really rammed the point home for me. :lol:

Cheers Ethan and bloody spot on as always Bob. The attention span is a bit of a goldfish at the best of times
Listen to All Them Witches
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I feel like the Nard had the Grand Caynon vocals in hand for years to use with Tool but as they kept delaying the release, well it had to find a home somewhere.

So while it may seem reused, it's more like repurposed from it's original intent.
Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

tyson missed my joke i guess. hes slipping!
inequitude
Has been

Post by inequitude »

Srry if raised on other forums already - cant paste link atm but the kerrang review posted 22ish hrs ago claims fear innoc the song is the middle of a trifecta on album... anyone else read that? Makes a lot more sense in that context with the eastern intro a la Reflection and holding back a bit on climactics. Is that even a word? Hoodwinks.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Can someone tell Bob I've got him on ignore, he knows why
Canned audience laughter
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

Somehow even better after a good nights sleep and 2 listens on the drive in. This song hits me during a few different points, when May May floats "elegy" into that bad ass riff at the end of the chorus, and when he subtly sings "coming" before they blow the doors off! I also feel that Maynard has been eager to use these vocal styles with TOOL for years but other projects happened first and I'm sure one point he might have thought this would never happen.
All well Whatever, Nevermind
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Hey Bobsta, my boy Tysons ignoring ya. Said if ya ya touch his pet monkey again he'll glass ya and to tell ya "pal" Stevo to stop stealing his favourite Mittons off his clothes line.

He also said he loves wearing purple spandex and something else about what a ballsy move it was from tool to release fear inoculum over invincible but to be honest I think he stole that idea from Ethan .
Listen to All Them Witches
inequitude
Has been

Post by inequitude »

'Now we have a piece of the puzzle, the album’s sprawling title-track, what does it all mean? Obviously, this monolithic musical maze makes much more sense in the context of its reverentially long home, with the on and off ramps to its preceding and subsequent tracks painfully crafted to perfection, but as a glimpse into a world where jokes about the album never coming are redundant, it is a fine vista. Satisfyingly, it’s enough to take a decent enough bath in to get the measure of where Tool are going, and for them to let you breathe it in deeply, rather than a quick, three-minute single and crap video.'

Off / on ramps
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

Calfium Jay wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:00 am
"Bless this immunity" makes me cringe, as does the spoken/chanted vocal refrain around the 3:30 mark.
The spoken word part is one of my favorite parts
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

brewdog123 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:31 am
"Bless this immunity" makes me cringe, as does the spoken/chanted vocal refrain around the 3:30 mark.
Vocal wise agreed, when two become one
Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Busty McCracken wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:21 am Hey Bobsta, my boy Tysons ignoring ya. Said if ya ya touch his pet monkey again he'll glass ya and to tell ya "pal" Stevo to stop stealing his favourite Mittons off his clothes line.

He also said he loves wearing purple spandex and something else about what a ballsy move it was from tool to release fear inoculum over invincible but to be honest I think he stole that idea from Ethan .
no idea. just cause i was in the middle of your convo and got ignored ? prob. or its his petition thing or whatever hes doing.

pet the monkey eh? whats up with the mittans ? doe she have the string that goes thru the jacket arms so he wont loose his mittans? aaah, thats cute! it works though. great idea from forever ago.

purple spandex? who wouldnt wear those!

stoked for the new album. did you guys get your preorders in yet for the LE cd release ? im assuming a regular one will come after this or not ? these guys know how to make money! i was buying the special one anyway so it doesnt matter to me.
rinkwhopper
Has been

Post by rinkwhopper »

Anyone else think it sounds like some kind of defect in the audio at around 8:10? The transition is a little jarring.
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

rinkwhopper wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:18 am Anyone else think it sounds like some kind of defect in the audio at around 8:10? The transition is a little jarring.
I think it is just a result of the amount of compression they have on the track. Everything is compressed to the same dynamic then when the song tries to break out it trips up.
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Just sound like one of the weird sound effects you hear randomly on tool songs. Very much doubt they'd let it slip through if it wasn't meant to be.
thekillingjoke
Fanboi

Post by thekillingjoke »

rinkwhopper wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:18 am Anyone else think it sounds like some kind of defect in the audio at around 8:10? The transition is a little jarring.
There are some changes in the mix at this point, sounds like both Adam and Justin change their sound setting. I found it a little jarring, too.
But I'm more concerned about what sounds like a proper audio glitch on the guitar around 8:27/8:28. The guitar stroke repeats for a split second, that's either an editing mistake or a weird mixdown artefact. It's on Spotify and Youtube.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I'm also in the "spoke word bit is one of the best parts" camp. Nothing cringeworthy about it at all.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

thekillingjoke wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:19 am
There are some changes in the mix at this point, sounds like both Adam and Justin change their sound setting. I found it a little jarring, too.
But I'm more concerned about what sounds like a proper audio glitch on the guitar around 8:27/8:28. The guitar stroke repeats for a split second, that's either an editing mistake or a weird mixdown artefact. It's on Spotify and Youtube.
i got a FLAC file of FI and i dont hear any issues at 8:27/8:28 but that little jump at 8:10 i do hear as well.
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

This isn't an error, but at one point it sounds like Danny hits one of his foot triggers, but it is only once towards the middle end. Becuase it's only once it totally sounds like a live show where he hits something on accident.
Moridin
Has been

Post by Moridin »

Wasn't sure about this on the first couple of listens, but after over a day of letting it settle and probably more than 20 listens I really really dig it.

There's something about it that sounds like it was written between Aenima & Lateralus (maybe it's the style of Adams playing, like Eulogy & Pushit), but mixed with something new.
cultiv8420
Bronco's Fan

Post by cultiv8420 »

hellboy wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:26 am
I'm also in the "spoke word bit is one of the best parts" camp. Nothing cringeworthy about it at all.
Anyone else getting the Henry Rollins vibe during this? Almost sounds like a different voice behind Maynard.
tiresias
Has been

Post by tiresias »

After a few listens, I’m loving it. It’s a prog-metal fantasy track. Super weird and fun.
“Casual Fan”
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

cultiv8420 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:49 am

Anyone else getting the Henry Rollins vibe during this? Almost sounds like a different voice behind Maynard.
It's definitely a Peter Gabriel vibe. This is the one vocal part I really like. Comes off like a new take on the Grudge Monotone stuff.
Spoonman
Geacon

Post by Spoonman »

For you boys and girls from Germany:

"JPC" has the album for 84,99 including a low price guarantee:
https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/detail ... um/9425427

I just asked amazon if they would reduce their price to the same, but they won't.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

i love the spoken word part.

"What. You. Say. INOCULATED!"

Then right into the guitar riff... so amazing sounding.
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

So now it’s simmered anyone still dislike the track?

I love it. They are all on fire throughout this song. I think Adam does a great job on each transition. His tone is absolutely perfect.

Everything after “forfeit, all control” is flawless writing
Last edited by rshforgothispw on Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.