The Grudge (WARNING: 26 years to #6?)

The Main Event
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Re: The Grudge (WARNING: It's HAPPENNING!!!)

Post by Busty McCracken »

Reminds of his delivery of deeelicioous on Eat The Elephant, which drives my other half nuts so I of course make sure I pronounce it that way every word time I use that word now .
Listen to All Them Witches
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

Busty McCracken wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:00 pm Reminds of his delivery of deeelicioous on Eat The Elephant, which drives my other half nuts so I of course make sure I pronounce it that way every word time I use that word now .
Make that two of us Busty. That coupled with the high end processed vocals is like nails through my brain.

Feeling any better?
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Consider yourself lucky we not real life pals then coz I would be saying nah mate, mildly better but still feel rat shit and staying at home resting through fear I am contag-iaum :lol:
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

Once it's over.
Busty: Bless this immunity!
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Boldizar wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:29 pm Once it's over.
Busty: Bless this immunity!
Haha. YES! :lol: :lol:
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

someone on reddit said he says my toe says instead of mitosis and I can’t stop singing that now so fuck you guy
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

New song sounds exactly like Schism/Vicarious
Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

myke wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:25 am Honestly the chorus of FI really throws the whole song off. The guitar part along with the "exhale, expel" vocal delivery just sound super generic & cheesy. Plus there is barely any dynamic change on the instrumental side. Everything else is great
now were getting somewhere! i dont think its cheese/standard sounding but M drones out the chorus waay too much and it makes the song feel dragged out and not good. the music isnt doing that if u listen. just sing it to yourself a little more sped up/normal during that part and it feels better. i think anyway. hopefully live it sounds more normal,i think it will. Agreed,the rest of the song is pretty good. esp arond the 7 min mark, its classic tool but still fresh and not sounding like their older songs. well accept for that small part that sounds like eulogy a little bit but im ok with that!
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

liz wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:34 am
bob wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:29 am
liz wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:15 am "Allegorical allergy" works for me I've decided.

Hey Bob, go with the flow. When the current changes submit. You are not the cruise director.
still going on about that ? ive moved on, you should too ;) and your comparing apples and oranges. not very flow like :D
This is the grudge. There is no moving on from that. :D

Apples and oranges are both similar sized round fruits.
nice try! apples and oranges are obviously similiar sized round fruits but they are not the same at all! im more of an apple person. i havent had an orange in a long time. i should have one soon!

ya its the grudge, im an authentic person. i dont need a place to be an asshole if i want to be! haha. :) but ok, i can play along i guess.
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

So 20 days away and no track list yet? That’s my only grudge
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Why should that be grudged?

You know 4 already.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

He can grudge that if he wants. Grudge on chill man. How's the misso holding up?
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

It’s totally grudge worthy! We had the tracking for 10,000 days by now I am pretty sure and a leak of the whole album came out about 10-14 days before it was released! Haha. Fucking ToOL

The ol’ lady(33😉) is still in the hospital, lung collapsed slightly when they took her off the tube thing. Going to take her off it again tonight cuz she is healing a little bit more and hopefully get her out tomorrow or Monday the latest.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Poor girl , man that sounds painful. All the best for the recovery dude.
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

One thing Iiked about Invincible is that the synth line is related to the song in that it is harmony to Maynards vocal line. That little synth line in the opening of Fear Inoculum seems so pointless and cheesy on it's own. If Maynard hadn't been so busy going off the path, I would have like it if there had been a point where he sang that line, connecting it to something in the song. At least, I haven't noticed anything like that yet.

Also that hi-pitched screech... did we really need that?
Last edited by Boldizar on Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

It was different yet TOOL, I’m digging the intro. Bad ass way to open an album. But this is the grudge. Where the fuck is the video lazy fucks
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

Did they ever promise a video? I thought that was people misunderstanding the fact that the song was released as audio via youtube?
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

I believe Alex Grey replied to someone on Ista saying the art is both cover art and part of a video.
Edit: Alex just said the art is album art and art for the single I guess I read into that a little much as probably many of us did.
All well Whatever, Nevermind
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Shed523 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:51 am I believe Alex Grey replied to someone on Ista saying the art is both cover art and part of a video.
Edit: Alex just said the art is album art and art for the single I guess I read into that a little much as probably many of us did.
so its vicarious all over again kinda. same sorta look as the net of being poster with the portal hole things and it will be in a video. sounds familiar! ;)
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

If I had to be critical of Fear Inoculum, it's that I really like the "Deceiver, Chased away" bit, but the following line "A long time coming" section just sounds a bit lazy and mumbled
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

Yeah that line started out good but his word choice failed at the end
SteveBobSteve
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Only 20 minutes?

Come the heck on Adam!
Canned audience laughter
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

Chocolate Chip Fucking Trip?! Now I have no doubt it will be mind blowing, I'm also very intrigued by how this drum solo fits into the "7". I only listened to CCtrip once from the last tour but it really seamed like every other DC drum solo they do live. Always slightly different sometimes a guest but never really deserving of a "proper" TOOL track. Like I said only one listen but CCtrip just has me tripping a bit...
All well Whatever, Nevermind
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

… then you have not experienced the CCTrip live experience. I will miss the visuals though. Maybe the screen will fix that.
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

Welp, the gf just broke up with me this morning. Jesus I was there for her in the hospital and she just knew she was going to do this to me and couldn’t say something sooner. It’s life and relationships, hate that I like being in them.