Fear Inoculum Australia

The Main Event
Tool_User
Optomist

Re: Fear Inoculum Australia

Post by Tool_User »

Lol. I just saw it on hmv website for £80 in the UK. Thought they had shut down to be honest. Not sure about delivery times though.

You guys living down under shit don't just appear you know. It's a long old way down under there. So far away that you lost touch with the rest of the world ya know? Fuckin drinking wine out of boxes an shit. Eating beetroot in ya burgers. It's like stepping into another dimension I tells ya. Fuck I miss that place.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

I mean being all friendly an chilled out an that? You forgot where you came from. England! The land of the miserable. You need to get your misery back. Comeback and live in the rain and watch the BBC news everyday about brexit that'll square you up.
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

hellboy wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:21 am As I said, a short period of time
What a bummer. I should have been more vigilant. I suppose getting it is better than nothing. Too bad the few stores here that will have it are trying to rip us off. It’s bullshit.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

Sold out at JB HiFi.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Sounds like some Aussie fans are about to get shafted:

Reportedly some Amazon orders to Oz have been silently cancelled, and I suspect some record stores that were selling it cheaper may cancel preorders, or be forced to raise the price to JB Hifi levels.
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

Fucking bullshit man, it really shouldn’t be that hard to get a friggin CD. When you say Amazon silently cancelled orders, what do you mean? I had to get mine through US Amazon.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Sounds like Amazon silently killing orders is no correct, but I would not be surprised if they start cancelling them soon
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

If amazon cancel orders they usually give you a $20 giftcard (I've scammed a few of these buying shit I knew they wouldn't honour) but I'll still be mad as fuck.
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

It'd be a massive dick move given that a week out from release it's largely sold out. I will probably just redirect mine to a US address instead, but that doesn't make this whole scenario any less bullshit.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Let me know if I can help, HB.
Ki77aan :twisted:
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

Surprised the band didn’t send you a copy already HB. It’s well deserved keeping this site alive all these years despite lack of anything from them.

So far Amazon US still has my order to be delivered 16 Sept. fingers crossed.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Dead fucking set! Ordered mine through Amazon Aus. Interesting few days ahead
Listen to All Them Witches
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

BlackHole83 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:40 pm Surprised the band didn’t send you a copy already HB. It’s well deserved keeping this site alive all these years despite lack of anything from them.
I don't reckon there's anything in the way of promo copies out there. I imagine those with the music at the moment are limited to band members, close management, and those with a need to know kinda deal like Junior.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I just hope basejumper has secured my competition winning copy!
Canned audience laughter
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

That is really interesting information from that record shop. I mentioned before that it seemed as if regions outside of the United States were being forced to import, but this post explains the wild variations we were seeing in price. Some shops were importing themselves for a cheaper rate, lowering their cost while others were getting it through their relevant Sony division. This is the stupid part that makes no sense.

Sony, the company that owns the production for this album, is importing from itself, which causes the regional divisions to then mark up their copies purchased from the U.S., only to then sell them to stores who have to mark them up a second time (the wildly high prices we've seen). Now Sony is forcing this to be the mandatory supply chain. This is absolutely retarded. Even Nintendo isn't this dumb.
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

And the fact Tool don't care is kinda shitty.

Lets see what happens now they are totally free agents, will they suddenly make the "fan club" Tool Army work?

lol no fucking way.
Canned audience laughter
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

tys0n wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:55 am will they suddenly make the "fan club" Tool Army work?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
fleshmite
Maynard Believer

Post by fleshmite »

Maybe they could subcontract that to hellboy
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

tys0n wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:55 am And the fact Tool don't care is kinda shitty.
Agree 100%

With the lack of care they show for Toolarmy and presales, I doubt the band members have any fucks to give about Aussie Tool fans being shafted.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

They'll probably bring them as merch on the next tour.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

hellboy wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:11 am
tys0n wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:55 am And the fact Tool don't care is kinda shitty.
Agree 100%

With the lack of care they show for Toolarmy and presales, I doubt the band members have any fucks to give about Aussie Tool fans being shafted.
It isn't even just Aussie, it's the entire majority of the world outside of the U.S. Completely absurd. Sorry everyone.
JooP
Maynard Believer

Post by JooP »

hellboy wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:10 pm
JooP wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:57 pm I’m not even sure where they sell CD’s in my area anymore. I’m glad this cat is finally getting let out of the bag soon.
Do you live in Mongolia or something? The whole "I don't know where they sell CD's" argument is really lame, like using Google search or online stores is a hard thing to do.
Sorry to hear you all are having a difficult time figuring out where to get the new album down there in Mongo... I mean Australia.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Sounds about right. The US Is looking after themselves while totally screwing over the rest of the world with zero fucks given.
Listen to All Them Witches
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

hellboy wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:11 am
Agree 100%

This is simply another example of what I have said for many many years. Tool does not care at all on any level about their fans. They do not respect their fans at all.

Now I am not trying to be negative or stir the pot or derail the thread. A new Tool album is out in 8 days and that is a fantastic thing. And as we have spoke of before the music is indeed the most important thing. However, when the music is the most important thing, and Tool makes it so a large segment of their fanbase has no access to that music, that says something about Tool.

Obviously it is not directly on Tool. Sony Australia is setting the price but Tool is a smart band and they cannot be unaware of issues that were going to arise with this packaging decision and subsequent cost and how that would impact availability as well as cost to the consumer internationally.

I sincerely hope every Aussie fan gets their pre-orders from whatever source they purchased and I hope the situation improves.
The most intelligent person on this forum
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

This could be more the label's fault than anything. I'd be surprised if they don't get on it and remedy this somehow.