Fear Inoculum

Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Re: Fear Inoculum with SPOILERS

Post by Busty McCracken »

tys0n wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:51 pm
Tool_User wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:17 am Yeah I've found myself skipping big chunks of songs. They could of cut some huge chunks out and it wouldn't of done any damage but they chose to go off on these little journeys so that's what we have. I am actually thinking of having a go at editing some of the tracks down to make it easier to listen to.
I was about to go a big rant about how mentally retarded one would have to be to do something like this and how using 'fag' as an insult is just so trite and lazy. I mean I keep reading what is written and I have to think that maybe drinking while pregnant is not the best idea or the guy grew up in a glue factory. At the end of the day though, even if they were dropped repeatedly on their head as a child or their high school guidance counselor committed suicide rather than give them career advice, it's just their opinion and we are all allowed to have them, no matter how utterly fucking spastic they could be, like if this opinion was a new born baby you'd immediately drown it in a bucket of kerosene and then light it on fire to save the world from the abject horror.

But yeah I'm getting too old a for that and I'd just to say I disagree sir, good day.
This is pure fucking gold!
Listen to All Them Witches
C_Dreyer
Maynard Believer

Post by C_Dreyer »

I actually had an initial thought to want Culling Voices to stay on the quieter side and go really spacey/weird, like Eno on acid, rather than loud. If I had any remixing skills, as a lark I might've tried messing with it for fun. Am I cancelled?

Still like the track though, could end up being a favorite over time. It's never about what the listener wants.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Tool_User wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:17 am Yeah I've found myself skipping big chunks of songs. They could of cut some huge chunks out and it wouldn't of done any damage but they chose to go off on these little journeys so that's what we have. I am actually thinking of having a go at editing some of the tracks down to make it easier to listen to.
Now that is one provocative post! I won't question your intelligence by believing you didn't know that so its obviously a troll or you should have been prepared to cop shit.

Anyways I find it a little incongruous that a person who loves TooL and has listened to their previous work would seek to edit this latest one. Perhaps you are looking for a job in radio? Perhaps you just love the idea of loving TooL because lets face it its a pretty cool thing to be a TooL fan right about now.

Oh and not liking Tarantino films??? What is that?

@Tyson - :lol:
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
fractal-machine
Has been

Post by fractal-machine »

Unboxing video with entire video playing on HD screen
A person or group which is used or controlled, usually unwittingly, by another person or group.
Moridin
Has been

Post by Moridin »

Random thoughts after hearing FI about 6 or 7 times straight through:

It's a very solid album overall. Perhaps could have used another track or two, something shorter ("shorter" like The Grudge or Vicarious...)? Maybe, for some variety. That might be my biggest criticism.

Tempest is a bit over-long. I was thinking the same about Descending initially, but not anymore. (And people go on about Adam, but I think Danny is the horse here. Most double-kick in any Tool song?)[Interesting that one of the main riffs here was hanging around since before Aenima.]

Title track works way better in the context of the album than as a single, it's grown on me a lot. Still think it sounds like something they might have written if they'd put out an album between Aenima & Lateralus.

MVPs are still Pneuma & Invincible. Maybe Descending, too.

CC Trip is a blast.

Not quite sure what to do with Culling Voices yet. I like it, but like someone above said, maybe staying quiet and weird all the way through would have been the move, rather than getting heavy. I'm a big fan of Intension, so I'd have been down with that.

I've taken a break from FI today (and maybe tomorrow) to go through Tools catalog chronologically, Opiate through 10k Days then back to FI. Just to see how FI works in the context of all of it. Up to Lateralus now (Schism as I type), awesome ride, but kind of itching to get back to FI.
Last edited by Moridin on Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

Goddamn that is more than I wanted to see was trying to have the cd case be a surprise
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

rinkwhopper wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:46 am I ended up getting a full refund for Epicenter, so I am less salty now and eager to give Tool my money again.
Bro how’d you get a full I only got 50% off
fractal-machine
Has been

rshforgothispw wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:44 pm Goddamn that is more than I wanted to see was trying to have the cd case be a surprise
Sorry bout that. Thought this would be the best place since this is a spoiler thread! :mrgreen:
A person or group which is used or controlled, usually unwittingly, by another person or group.
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

It’s all good I will just get tool user to edit it out
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

Ha!
SteveBobSteve
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

rshforgothispw wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:48 pm It’s all good I will just get tool user to edit it out
Haha

Listening to Pneuma. How the fuck would ya wanna edit this shit down.

Other name changes that may suit.

Tool_Imfuckedinthehead
Tool_homophobe
Tool_idontactuallyunderstandwhatthisbandisabout
Tool_Maybeyouareallabunchofhomosexuals
Tool_A.D.Disadisease
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger

Post by snazzlefrass »

Busty McCracken wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:08 pm
rshforgothispw wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:48 pm It’s all good I will just get tool user to edit it out
Haha

Listening to Pneuma. How the fuck would ya wanna edit this shit down.

Other name changes that may suit.

Tool_Imfuckedinthehead
Tool_homophobe
Tool_idontactuallyunderstandwhatthisbandisabout
Tool_Maybeyouareallabunchofhomosexuals
Tool_A.D.Disadisease
Tool_iuseunderscorescuzimunique
SteveBobSteve
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

Moridin wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:43 pm Random thoughts after hearing FI about 6 or 7 times straight through:

It's a very solid album overall. Perhaps could have used another track or two, something shorter ("shorter" like The Grudge or Vicarious...)? Maybe, for some variety. That might be my biggest criticism.

Tempest is a bit over-long. I was thinking the same about Descending initially, but not anymore. (And people go on about Adam, but I think Danny is the horse here. Most double-kick in any Tool song?)[Interesting that one of the main riffs here was hanging around since before Aenima.]

Title track works way better in the context of the album than as a single, it's grown on me a lot. Still think it sounds like something they might have written if they'd put out an album between Aenima & Lateralus.

CC Trip is a blast.

Not quite sure what to do with Culling Voices yet. I like it, but like someone above said, maybe staying quiet and weird all the way through would have been the move, rather than getting heavy. I'm a big fan of Intension, so I'd have been down with that.

I've taken a break from FI today (and maybe tomorrow) to go through Tools catalog chronologically, Opiate through 10k Days then back to FI. Just to see how FI works in the context of all of it. Up to Lateralus now (Schism as I type), awesome ride, but kind of itching to get back to FI.
Chronological is fun, like a marathon. I haven't done it yet with the new addition, but I like to listen to the albums alphabetically. Experiencing Aenima entirely, then going straight from 'Prying open my Third Eye' directly into Fear Inoculum seamlessly, going through this new psychedelic adventure with all the bonus segues intact, and then letting whatever Mockingbeat turns out to be take me into The Grudge and possibly experiencing that journey with a fresh outlook and then maybe continue to spiral out from there..
"That's what you get when you argue with children..." -Tyson
rinkwhopper
Has been

Post by rinkwhopper »

rshforgothispw wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:46 pm
rinkwhopper wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:46 am I ended up getting a full refund for Epicenter, so I am less salty now and eager to give Tool my money again.
Bro how’d you get a full I only got 50% off
I disputed the charge with my credit card company. It took like two months but eventually they coughed up the full remainder. The only thing I lost was my time and some gas.
fractal-machine
Has been

children wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:40 pm
Moridin wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:43 pm Random thoughts after hearing FI about 6 or 7 times straight through:

CC Trip is a blast.

Chronological is fun, like a marathon. I haven't done it yet with the new addition, but I like to listen to the albums alphabetically. Experiencing Aenima entirely, then going straight from 'Prying open my Third Eye' directly into Fear Inoculum seamlessly, going through this new psychedelic adventure with all the bonus segues intact, and then letting whatever Mockingbeat turns out to be take me into The Grudge and possibly experiencing that journey with a fresh outlook and then maybe continue to spiral out from there..
Interesting! Hmm I think I'll try this tonight over some GrandDaddyPurple just got from my local dispensary
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger

Post by snazzlefrass »

Peyote Cookies FTW

On topic, every time CCT starts it sounds like my doorbell is going off. Fuck
SteveBobSteve
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Snaz is thinking about his doorbell when ya gonna ring it
Takeo
Has been

Post by Takeo »

I still use “douche bag” and I don’t care if it’s 90s. One of my favorite words.
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

What about douche fag
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

or douche canoe
Professor of Lesbian Science
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

oh fuck. I think his feelings got hurt. T_U got pretty quiet.
go taff!
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

Thread: Can't breathe right now!

Tool_Triggered
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Takeo wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:38 am I’m starting to tune out about halfway through each song. They’re too long. Need more Maynard, tighter direction, less jammy. The songs are missing that climactic release of tension. They set a theme, tease, and then gradually unwind and meander which can be creative in one sense, boring in another.
Whoa, Takeo a step back there buddy... two words: Danny Carey. At no point could you possibly be able to tune out because the man is constantly performing circus tricks with his kit. I would SO love a DC only mix of the entire album.

But seriously, it’s your opinion and you’re entitled to it. I just can’t fathom it personally.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Loulz. I’ve been slacking on my FE reading. My response to Takeo came before reading the Tool_User rant/responses.

Wow. Just wow.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Takeo
Has been

Post by Takeo »

Kittaan wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:28 pm
Takeo wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:38 am I’m starting to tune out about halfway through each song. They’re too long. Need more Maynard, tighter direction, less jammy. The songs are missing that climactic release of tension. They set a theme, tease, and then gradually unwind and meander which can be creative in one sense, boring in another.
Whoa, Takeo a step back there buddy... two words: Danny Carey. At no point could you possibly be able to tune out because the man is constantly performing circus tricks with his kit. I would SO love a DC only mix of the entire album.

But seriously, it’s your opinion and you’re entitled to it. I just can’t fathom it personally.
For me, it’s more about the emotional punch than the technical showcase. I appreciate the creativity, but struggling right now to connect with it. They took a different approach and it only makes sense it resonates with some fans but not with others. There are impactful elements in each song to be certain, but right when I want to be absorbed in it, it ebbs away.

Of course I’ll be on the road midnight my time hunting for this beast.