Fear Inoculum

rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by rshforgothispw »

Give it time it was the same for me I was so mad at the weak gong but the more plays the more it all makes sense. Now I love the chord played on top of the gong. Sounds shimmery.
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Re: Fear Inoculum with SPOILERS

Post by snazzlefrass »

They do with me. Fucking pneuma.
SteveBobSteve
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

The gong is great and well done on the album. That is how it is supposed to be hit but live it's more frantic and you get a less whole metal clanging sound.
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

In addition to the above observations on the gong, the only live recordings we have are just shitty YT, with associated shitty YT sound. Granted, they still sounded amazing compared to anything from back in the day.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Sprout
Fanboi

Post by Sprout »

limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

Just got my copy in the mail. Record store was supposed to be getting it, but somehow it got shipped to me. It was sitting on my doorstep, which was the very thing I wanted to avoid. At least I got it a day early!

Tried downloading the segues but I guess it won't go live until midnight. It was asking for a username and password.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Some thoughts on the album...short and sweet...10 out of 10.

I won't bother comparing it to other Tool albums or ranking it. It is counter productive and rather than becoming a discussion piece that particular conversation typically devolves into something negative. In general, as it pertains to Tool, people tend to be very emotionally invested in certain albums and it is very hard to remove that emotional investment when taking part in any kind of analytical conversation about something you care deeply about.

Bottom line, FOR ME, this is the Tool album I was hoping for. It highlights all the things I like about Tool the most and is an evolution in sound and composition. It is also EXTREMELY well produced. I completely respect others may view this album very differently. Some may find the song lengths off putting while others may wish Maynard is more pronounced on the album. These are not wrong opinions this is all very subjective territory, particularly with a band like Tool.

The only thing I have noticed was a mention of editing the songs because someone found them to be too long. I am not going to stir that pot, rather I am simply going to take a shit directly in it. Editing songs is one of the dumbest fucking things I have ever heard. If the song lengths are not to your liking, simply don't listen...OR...just skip to sections you enjoy.

These are not YOUR songs. You did not write them. They are not YOUR songs to edit. This isn't Fear Inoculum Random Tool Song Generator. The second you cut out any part of any song it is no longer a song at all.
The most intelligent person on this forum
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

M0G wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:09 pm Editing songs is one of the dumbest fucking things I have ever heard
^
This
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

It's here! At fucking last! Enjoying my first full listen through.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Now I hate to be a tattle tale but I have it on good authority that Mog enjoyed the album so much that he is going to a show!

I would love to share that with you mate. Enjoy x
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

ROCK ON, brothers and sisters!!!
- You like noisy music?
lukas
Geacon

Post by lukas »

the leak already has the segues in it
jackob2545
My pain is just an excuse

Post by jackob2545 »

Jumping back in here after some time away to see the reactions of the shipments hitting the road.

Can’t express how excited I am after the whole 13 year ride! Choosing not to listen to anything outside of the A/Descending preview I heard live in 15’ and 17’ really has the experience feeling surreal. Tomorrow is going to be a flood of feelings and I’m beyond happy to be a part of this community with a ton of awesome people who share in the joy Tool’s art brings with it.

Wish you all the best during your experience no matter how you choose to partake.

See ya on the other side... side... side...
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

I just called my local B&N and they had two copies they're holding for me tomorrow. So... call your local shops. All hope is not lost.
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Fear-Inoculu ... /295047755

My local store has the album available for in store pickup right now. I placed an order and waiting for it to be ready.
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

Why where these album threads get moved?
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Boldizar wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:03 pm Why where these album threads get moved?
Its the path way. They are in FI but you cant seem to access them from the index. Need to use active posts for now till its fixed.
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

MobileVortex wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:44 pm https://www.walmart.com/ip/Fear-Inoculu ... /295047755

My local store has the album available for in store pickup right now. I placed an order and waiting for it to be ready.
Thanks for that, might have do this now. Interesting that Walmart is selling this cuz they don’t parental advisory CD’s. Is there not enough swears on 7empest to make is so?

EDIT: just pre-ordered it for pick up and they say I can pick it up today. Stoked to go get it after work!!!! Got it for the bargain price of $38.94
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

Hells yeah! At least one copy I ordered should be here tomorrow by 9pm.

In for a great weekend!!!!!!!!
Professor of Lesbian Science
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

Finally!!

- You like noisy music?
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

lukas wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:33 pm the leak already has the segues in it
Not my version of the leak. Just 7 tracks on the physical CD.

But I’m happy with that, save at least something for tomorrow.
Ki77aan :twisted:
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

the chill wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:31 pm
MobileVortex wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:44 pm https://www.walmart.com/ip/Fear-Inoculu ... /295047755

Thanks for that, might have do this now. Interesting that Walmart is selling this cuz they don’t parental advisory CD’s. Is there not enough swears on 7empest to make is so?

EDIT: just pre-ordered it for pick up and they say I can pick it up today. Stoked to go get it after work!!!! Got it for the bargain price of $38.94
They canceled my order, and now it says that store is out of stock. Tried another, and it says pick up tomorrow after 12PM.
Aaronarchy
Maynard Believer

Post by Aaronarchy »

BLEW MY EFFING MIND APART!! Been listening to the entire album nonstop for 2 days now. They DO NOT DISAPPOINT ON THIS ONE! This whole album grows on you the more you listen to it. I didn't care much for Culling Voices the first time i heard it.... It's now become one of my favs. This album is GOLD. All emotions are engaged on this... LIFE CHANGING. Now I have to go peel my brain off the ceiling..
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

liz wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:12 pm
Boldizar wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:03 pm Why where these album threads get moved?
Its the path way. They are in FI but you cant seem to access them from the index. Need to use active posts for now till its fixed.
viewforum.php?f=61

Yes, I can.
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

^ yep they called me and told me they had to cancel it, bummer. You are in Cali? I am in Vista. Well at least I can listen to it on iTunes right now and get the album opening experience tomorrow. So stoked to listen to it right now, it’s like Christmas!!