Fear Inoculum

liz
Lunchinator

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by liz »

ms2r wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:58 pm
liz wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:12 pm
Boldizar wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:03 pm Why where these album threads get moved?
Its the path way. They are in FI but you cant seem to access them from the index. Need to use active posts for now till its fixed.
viewforum.php?f=61

Yes, I can.
See you are probably taller than me. I find it hard to look up the top.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Re: Fear Inoculum with SPOILERS

Post by rshforgothispw »

YES!!!! Litanie contre is the music that was played behind the album date reveal on tour. I was hoping that would make the album!

Yes! even tonight is proving to be a win and I only have segues to listen to hah
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

Now that I've had my 2nd listen, i cant wait to see how this looks/sounds live. I'm hyped even more for what @junior and team will bring to the fold.

GIVE US THE DAMN DATES!
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

Glorious album. It flows and was an amazing journey on the first listen. Didn’t really get a crazy Tool “shit eating grin” until Invincible honestly, I enjoyed Pneuma, but it just didn’t get me going yet. Having listened to the song Fear Inoculum multiple times it was great to have a track right after and I am sure Pneuma will be a track that grows on me. Litarnie contre la Peur was what makes me love Tools space/future like sound. Invincible was a delight to finally hear a studio version and was stoked to hear something familiar. 3:50 in the song is when it finally hit me. Just a stupid grin of joyful relief that the wait is over. Was stoked I heard the live version so I really could just relax and really soak this song in. Legion Inoculant was a solid segue to start Descending. Maynard is haunting and love the ocean beginning. God this song is really amazing, I really love it. Culling Voices got me grooving and instantly loved it, and it just keep me flowing into Chocolate Chip Trip. Danny is a drum god! I got the thought during this song that Tool is my generations(20’s-40’s) Led Zeppelin and this album is Houses of the Holy and Coda combined. Really had fun listening to CCTrip. 7empest was overwhelming and really took me for a ride. Was really looking forward to hearing this song since Adam said on the Jericho podcast that this song was what he was most looking forward to play live. Those almost 16 mins of magic flew by and didn’t feel that long. Keep my attention the whole time and what a way to end the album. Mockingbeat was finally an ending segue way that I might actually listen to multiple times since Undertow’s Disgustipated, ahahaha.

We made it to a new Tool album and on first listen it didn’t disappoint.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

tys0n wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:05 am Aww man it's over :/

First impression 10/10, Adam owns 7empest.

This album somehow exists outside the parameters of time, it just flows and flows and before you know it it's over.

Kinda like life.
:D
ziggy23 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:11 am One word - impressive.

Holy fucking shit!
\m/
Busty McCracken wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:34 am What a fucking ride! Descending farken owned as expected studio wise. Bring on round 2.

The harmonica and yodelling was especially impressive
\m/
Danny wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:54 am So happy I didn’t listen to Invincible, amazing.

We did it, they did it as well, loving Adam’s work, all that shit about him taking a back seat is crazy nonsense. Danny’s killing it!

That solo 7min in on Invincible and then the synth, “tears in my eyes” is right, actual tears.damnn.
\m/
liz wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:49 am No wonder they were obviously feeling pleased with themselves. What a fantastic effort.

Descending stood out for me first listen but I'm sure other tracks are going to present themselves as favourites as I continue to listen. CCtrip was fun and because I'd played FI so often hearing Pneuma was like the first strains of the orchestra pit just that feeling of we're off and here we go!
Nice!
C_Dreyer wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:30 pm And the fans rejoice! Nice to see people are stoked bc this is QUITE a piece of work. Super impressive the band saw this thing through, the discipline holy holy.

Just a couple listens, but this f---ker flows, stately bordering on luxurious. The music plays them at points.

But 7empest? There's no way this song exists without all those grueling years going by. They are working out some serious shit in that song, haha. Better this than murdering someone, and yet it's so controled. Pure filthy evil. And like Danny said, good on Adam for letting loose and going for broke on it, you don't see that side often. My prayers for them playing it live.

Looking forward to more and more spins over the years, and with the proper segues. Peace to all!
\m/
JooP wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:22 pm This album is a beast! Fucking wow!
\m/
limeygringo wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:42 pm Top notch, first listen was great. It's their slowest and most ethereal record, but in the best possible ways. It's their shiniest album, but it fucking sludges and spins. Maynard's delivery is perfect, plus the band's aggressiveness they practically scream for him, you don't miss the screams. Not that that ever mattered too me much, it's just one factor. Adam definitely steps it up, Justin kills it and Danny just conjures up that magic. I just felt like every song was Third Eye good.

A+, top notch Tool record, The Boys are Back
Sweet!
PimPle wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:28 am I finally got to listen to the full album last night and it was overwhelming. I loved everything. Thought 7empest was incredibly dense and enjoyed every second of it. I was taken aback at how much Descending grabbed me, having already heard it a heap of time from the live shows, I wasn't expecting it to stand out the way it did. I can't wait to listen to it again (there needs to be more time in the day).
Right on!
joeypants wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:41 am I really, really, really hope they just play the whole fucking album straight through when they tour. That would ruin me in the best way.
Yes!!!
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

the chill wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:34 pm Glorious album. It flows and was an amazing journey on the first listen. Didn’t really get a crazy Tool “shit eating grin” until Invincible honestly, I enjoyed Pneuma, but it just didn’t get me going yet. Having listened to the song Fear Inoculum multiple times it was great to have a track right after and I am sure Pneuma will be a track that grows on me. Litarnie contre la Peur was what makes me love Tools space/future like sound. Invincible was a delight to finally hear a studio version and was stoked to hear something familiar. 3:50 in the song is when it finally hit me. Just a stupid grin of joyful relief that the wait is over. Was stoked I heard the live version so I really could just relax and really soak this song in. Legion Inoculant was a solid segue to start Descending. Maynard is haunting and love the ocean beginning. God this song is really amazing, I really love it. Culling Voices got me grooving and instantly loved it, and it just keep me flowing into Chocolate Chip Trip. Danny is a drum god! I got the thought during this song that Tool is my generations(20’s-40’s) Led Zeppelin and this album is Houses of the Holy and Coda combined. Really had fun listening to CCTrip. 7empest was overwhelming and really took me for a ride. Was really looking forward to hearing this song since Adam said on the Jericho podcast that this song was what he was most looking forward to play live. Those almost 16 mins of magic flew by and didn’t feel that long. Keep my attention the whole time and what a way to end the album. Mockingbeat was finally an ending segue way that I might actually listen to multiple times since Undertow’s Disgustipated, ahahaha.

Right there with ya Chill!
clogdanceroftheyear
Maynard Believer

Post by clogdanceroftheyear »

It took me a good long while getting into these songs, but now I'm fuc%#ng extatic. This album is a beast. Probably my fave Tool album as of now. People rating Culling Voices as the lowpoint of the album makes me feel like a dumbass, bc I absolutely love it. To my wife's huge dismay I've been screaming "psycopathy misleading me" over and over in the living room for a week now, but thats what she gets for not letting me listen to the songs on endless repeat on the sonos. Luckily I cant hear myself due to the noise cancelling in my headset, cause i sing like an absolute retard.

Anyways, as i get older i try to get more appreciative of the things in life i love. I love Tool. I love this record. 100 out of 10 points. Cant wait for the next one!
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Post by Pimple »

the chill wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:34 pm Glorious album. It flows and was an amazing journey on the first listen. Didn’t really get a crazy Tool “shit eating grin” until Invincible honestly, I enjoyed Pneuma, but it just didn’t get me going yet. Having listened to the song Fear Inoculum multiple times it was great to have a track right after and I am sure Pneuma will be a track that grows on me. Litarnie contre la Peur was what makes me love Tools space/future like sound. Invincible was a delight to finally hear a studio version and was stoked to hear something familiar. 3:50 in the song is when it finally hit me. Just a stupid grin of joyful relief that the wait is over. Was stoked I heard the live version so I really could just relax and really soak this song in. Legion Inoculant was a solid segue to start Descending. Maynard is haunting and love the ocean beginning. God this song is really amazing, I really love it. Culling Voices got me grooving and instantly loved it, and it just keep me flowing into Chocolate Chip Trip. Danny is a drum god! I got the thought during this song that Tool is my generations(20’s-40’s) Led Zeppelin and this album is Houses of the Holy and Coda combined. Really had fun listening to CCTrip. 7empest was overwhelming and really took me for a ride. Was really looking forward to hearing this song since Adam said on the Jericho podcast that this song was what he was most looking forward to play live. Those almost 16 mins of magic flew by and didn’t feel that long. Keep my attention the whole time and what a way to end the album. Mockingbeat was finally an ending segue way that I might actually listen to multiple times since Undertow’s Disgustipated, ahahaha.

Awesome post. Descending for me is my favourite song on the album (though that is tough to say given how amazing they all are), and I love the Legion Inoculant segue, the low end gets everything rumbling... and I hope you are travelling well mate.
clogdanceroftheyear wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:12 pm It took me a good long while getting into these songs, but now I'm fuc%#ng extatic. This album is a beast. Probably my fave Tool album as of now. People rating Culling Voices as the lowpoint of the album makes me feel like a dumbass, bc I absolutely love it. To my wife's huge dismay I've been screaming "psycopathy misleading me" over and over in the living room for a week now, but thats what she gets for not letting me listen to the songs on endless repeat on the sonos. Luckily I cant hear myself due to the noise cancelling in my headset, cause i sing like an absolute retard.

Anyways, as i get older i try to get more appreciative of the things in life i love. I love Tool. I love this record. 100 out of 10 points. Cant wait for the next one!
Culling Voices to me is the perfect song to catch my breath after the intensity of the first part of the album before heading into 7empest (and I love it as a song). I don't have a single knock on this album because I know I couldn't get near the complexity of what they have achieved. I was also walking around the shops today mumbling the same phrase 'psycopathy..', which ironically probably made me look like a psycho...
Be good to each other.
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

^that's so cool to see, thanks norm!

Just had my first segue listen. I'll start off by saying thank you Tool for not forgetting the people in the house with old Macs! When my file wouldn't unzip and I realized I had to download a new archive app, I was happy and surprised to see they made sure us dinosaurs weren't left in the dust. After all the horror stories about ToolArmy and other things, this seemed to be exceedingly thoughtful as most developers don't give two shits about our PowerPc-Apple-asses.

Loved the segues, they really give the album a wholeness I didn't know I wanted. Seems Legion is Maynard's. Cool kind of remix of Descending it sounded like. Wonder who did Mockingbeat, which I thought had a good Eno-meets-Aphex vibe. Litanie seemed very Adam-ish, snake-charming with a Moog.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

nxrm wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:48 pm
tys0n wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:05 am Aww man it's over :/

First impression 10/10, Adam owns 7empest.

This album somehow exists outside the parameters of time, it just flows and flows and before you know it it's over.

Kinda like life.
:D
ziggy23 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:11 am One word - impressive.

Holy fucking shit!
\m/
Busty McCracken wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:34 am What a fucking ride! Descending farken owned as expected studio wise. Bring on round 2.

The harmonica and yodelling was especially impressive
\m/
Danny wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:54 am So happy I didn’t listen to Invincible, amazing.

We did it, they did it as well, loving Adam’s work, all that shit about him taking a back seat is crazy nonsense. Danny’s killing it!

That solo 7min in on Invincible and then the synth, “tears in my eyes” is right, actual tears.damnn.
\m/
liz wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:49 am No wonder they were obviously feeling pleased with themselves. What a fantastic effort.

Descending stood out for me first listen but I'm sure other tracks are going to present themselves as favourites as I continue to listen. CCtrip was fun and because I'd played FI so often hearing Pneuma was like the first strains of the orchestra pit just that feeling of we're off and here we go!
Nice!
C_Dreyer wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:30 pm And the fans rejoice! Nice to see people are stoked bc this is QUITE a piece of work. Super impressive the band saw this thing through, the discipline holy holy.

Just a couple listens, but this f---ker flows, stately bordering on luxurious. The music plays them at points.

But 7empest? There's no way this song exists without all those grueling years going by. They are working out some serious shit in that song, haha. Better this than murdering someone, and yet it's so controled. Pure filthy evil. And like Danny said, good on Adam for letting loose and going for broke on it, you don't see that side often. My prayers for them playing it live.

Looking forward to more and more spins over the years, and with the proper segues. Peace to all!
\m/
JooP wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:22 pm This album is a beast! Fucking wow!
\m/
limeygringo wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:42 pm Top notch, first listen was great. It's their slowest and most ethereal record, but in the best possible ways. It's their shiniest album, but it fucking sludges and spins. Maynard's delivery is perfect, plus the band's aggressiveness they practically scream for him, you don't miss the screams. Not that that ever mattered too me much, it's just one factor. Adam definitely steps it up, Justin kills it and Danny just conjures up that magic. I just felt like every song was Third Eye good.

A+, top notch Tool record, The Boys are Back
Sweet!
PimPle wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:28 am I finally got to listen to the full album last night and it was overwhelming. I loved everything. Thought 7empest was incredibly dense and enjoyed every second of it. I was taken aback at how much Descending grabbed me, having already heard it a heap of time from the live shows, I wasn't expecting it to stand out the way it did. I can't wait to listen to it again (there needs to be more time in the day).
Right on!
joeypants wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:41 am I really, really, really hope they just play the whole fucking album straight through when they tour. That would ruin me in the best way.
Yes!!!
Hey, dude, I'd like to see your face during listening to the album for the first time!! Hahaha)
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
Baahumbug
Fanboi
Height: 6’1

Post by Baahumbug »

I know it has been discussed somewhat.
But Maynard really played this one well, yeah he could have been a bit more aggressive in delivery on the album but he set himself to definitely be able to perform all these songs live.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

Looks like they printed different back covers for the deluxe CD edition:

https://i.imgur.com/IwYlPsI.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ZOxzOvc.jpg

Now I wonder which one I'll get from amazon.
- You like noisy music?
Szakal77
Bronco's Fan

Post by Szakal77 »

So, has anyone figured out how to rip "Recusant ad Infinitum" (the audio playing on the video screen in the packaging) properly? I guess that should also be considered as one of the segue tracks of this album, even though it's not on the album per se. It sounds like a cool little soundscape.

I have a feeling they might squeeze that one onto the vinyl version, especially if it is the rumoured 4xLP format.
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

Baahumbug wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:33 am I know it has been discussed somewhat.
But Maynard really played this one well, yeah he could have been a bit more aggressive in delivery on the album but he set himself to definitely be able to perform all these songs live.
Agreed. I also think he honestly just changed it up. The long screams at the end were predictable and expected but he still builds the song the same way and just lets the band take it from there. I love it.
Baahumbug
Fanboi
Height: 6’1

Post by Baahumbug »

rshforgothispw wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:46 am
Baahumbug wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:33 am I know it has been discussed somewhat.
Agreed. I also think he honestly just changed it up. The long screams at the end were predictable and expected but he still builds the song the same way and just lets the band take it from there. I love it.
For sure. It’s actually pretty nice, he performed to the band/his age on the record.
I know others might like it but imo it gets annoying when older metalhead singers try acting as if they are still pissed off well into they’re 50’s&60’s
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

First listen in and Fucking damn! Pneuma is unreal great flow the studio versions of Descending and Invincible are amazing.
I Really dug Culling Voices on the first listen easy to unpack great flow that one hit me right away as the others will grow!
Then 7empest was TOOL! First 3 min it’s almost popish and Maynard sounds great throughout.

First listen I’m going 8/10 but I’m pretty sure that’s going up as my first time through Lateralus was about the same. Maybe even lower. Different times and what a time!

I’m hoping those tour dates are true I’m close to a few of that’s the case!!

Good times to come!!
All well Whatever, Nevermind
Moridin
Has been

Post by Moridin »

A criticism I had after listening to the album 7 or 8 times (without the segues) was I thought it could have used another song or 2. But that has largely abated with the inclusion of the segues. They round it out quite nicely.

I don't always like segues, like with Aenima I think they slow down the pace too much.

Like others have mentioned, it's cool that Litanie ended up being the bit that was played at the live shows.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

ziggy23 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:25 am Hey, dude, I'd like to see your face during listening to the album for the first time!! Hahaha)
I think it was something along these lines. :lol:

Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

nxrm wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:26 am
ziggy23 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:25 am Hey, dude, I'd like to see your face during listening to the album for the first time!! Hahaha)
I think it was something along these lines. :lol:

Excellent! Tool abides.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

It’s here! My precious has arrived! Time to Unbox this beast!
All well Whatever, Nevermind
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

Can't believe it only took them 13 years to make this masterpiece. AMAZING
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

OMG!! It has arrived!
STOKED!!
Professor of Lesbian Science
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

ziggy23 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:47 am Looks like they printed different back covers for the deluxe CD edition:

I got the second one....

I bet there are 7 versions
Professor of Lesbian Science
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

basejumper wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:57 am
ziggy23 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:47 am Looks like they printed different back covers for the deluxe CD edition:

I got the second one....

I bet there are 7 versions
Well, at least 4 versions were spotted at the current moment:

- You like noisy music?
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

I got all but #4

two packages still waiting to be delivered