Recusant Ad Infinitum

Shed523
Geacon

Recusant Ad Infinitum

Post by Shed523 »

Figured this “track” or segue will warrant discussion at some point.
All well Whatever, Nevermind
Boldizar
Optomist

Re: Recusant Ad Infinitum

Post by Boldizar »

This is almost certainly a segue into the album. It has the same remix qualities as first two segues where lyrics are processed. I love that the package sends you a tonal message going into the music. This is top tier stuff.
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
fractal-machine
Has been

Post by fractal-machine »

Been playing around with this track on Audacity(recorded via phone in a wav file) and I'm sure someone will figure this out, but I believe this "segue" is actually sped up considerably. It's about 20 seconds or so. And I'm pretty sure there is some kinda pitch adjustment as well. I tried reversing it but it doesn't seem to be reversed. As far as what I've heard it seems it was a low tech recording. You can hear noises like someone recording and fumbling around with the device. Also there's some type of song in the background and I think there's some whispers as well. Still toying around tho.
A person or group which is used or controlled, usually unwittingly, by another person or group.
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

Maybe because it was recorded on a phone?
SteveBobSteve
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

fractal-machine wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:52 pm Been playing around with this track on Audacity(recorded via phone in a wav file) and I'm sure someone will figure this out, but I believe this "segue" is actually sped up considerably. It's about 20 seconds or so. And I'm pretty sure there is some kinda pitch adjustment as well. I tried reversing it but it doesn't seem to be reversed. As far as what I've heard it seems it was a low tech recording. You can hear noises like someone recording and fumbling around with the device. Also there's some type of song in the background and I think there's some whispers as well. Still toying around tho.
Don’t stop and keep us updated
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

If it's from youtube it is filled with phone fumbling noises. Until someone patches in cables and gets the raw signal recorded there's no real time value messing around with it. Even the raw audio might be lower quality.
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
fractal-machine
Has been

Post by fractal-machine »

Actually my recording is from my phone. But what I meant to say is that the actual recording, when sped up, the audible noises are from whomever made the recording and included into the "segue". Tough to explain. There's just so many layers to this album. I've been dissecting it since the leak! I'm currently playing with the hi-res files I purchased from Qobuz(Which is significantly better than the CD FLAC files I created).
I was just curious about the video music. I got to thinking that it sounds like whatever it is, was slowed down significantly.
I've actually been using settings with the number 7 and have been coming up with wierd coincidences. Maybe NOT coincidences! I'm pretty sure someone will eventually sacrifice their copy and extract the video from the brochure. I've seen it done to similar brochures on YouTube.
A person or group which is used or controlled, usually unwittingly, by another person or group.
rimb
My pain is just an excuse

Post by rimb »

How has no one got around to properly extracting this from the video package???
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

rimb wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:52 pm How has no one got around to properly extracting this from the video package???
Ki77aan :twisted:
_peterpwn02
Bronco's Fan

Post by _peterpwn02 »

I just got the book edition of the album, some parts i like, some parts are a bit... underwhelming, overall it has some cool stuff that adds to the experience, and its nice to have, so i dont regret is

anyway, i extracted the remastered, album quality audio from the video, and use it as a segue in the album, i like it, i really like it, and its good that is longer than the others (6:42), it would be a good opener (as it was for me when i first heard the album), also a good closer, but i guess it would fit really well somewhere between to major parts, as it gives you space to breathe and reflect

also i'm still finding "my favourite tracklist" for this album, its a fun lego game, personally it adds much to my experience, since i tend to listen to it as one continous experience, Lateralus and especially 10kdays alternative tracklists been good to me in the past, i like FI in alternative orders also (and not the simple turn it backwards stuff)

cheers