New Album Touring (with SPOILERS!)

The Main Event
junior
Green Herbsman

Re: New Album Touring

Post by junior »

St. Troy wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:09 pm
junior wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:41 pmBlair is in charge of selling those...
This was great; written about Blair, in his own style.
In retrospect, I should have redacted some names to make it more cryptic.
Also, the tangents weren't far enough off the path.
I was in a hurry to get somewhere, so I kept it brief.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

junior wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:53 pm
St. Troy wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:09 pm
junior wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:41 pmBlair is in charge of selling those...
This was great; written about Blair, in his own style.
In retrospect, I should have redacted some names to make it more cryptic.
Also, the tangents weren't far enough off the path.
I was in a hurry to get somewhere, so I kept it brief.
I think the Blair genre was improved upon in exactly the ways you've just listed
Keep them coming!
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

hellboy wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:27 pm
rinkwhopper wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:29 pm I’d buy VIP if I had Tool Army. Once in a lifetime
VIP is great for sure. The main gripe is that for most of these shows you'll be able to get VIP without forking out $50 for TA first.

Also that there aren't regular ticket pre-sales.
*sigh* The Epitome of a Dick Move
Ahhh, Infotainment!
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

hellboy wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:27 pm The main gripe is that for most of these shows you'll be able to get VIP without forking out $50 for TA first.
So I don't have to pay for Tool Army?
Canned audience laughter
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

tys0n wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:33 pm
hellboy wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:27 pm The main gripe is that for most of these shows you'll be able to get VIP without forking out $50 for TA first.
So I don't have to pay for Tool Army?
Where else are you going to get a really neat key ring?
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

man I’m still on the fence about these VIPS someone has an hour to convince me in either direction. I’m going to NC. It’s the second to last show on the tour. That’s either great or terrible. My feeling is that they will not want to do meet and greet by the end cuz of the plethora of retarded fans that they will meet at the first few shows.

I don’t have a full sleeve tattoo of Adam to show him just want to thank the guy for getting me into playing guitar.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Well they just released an album after 13 years and you get the best seats in the house.

The rest is just gravy imo.
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I haven't heard anyone say they had a bad time at a VIP, and in fact heard plenty say it was well worth it. I'll be surprised if they don't do some form of meet & greet, but I wouldn't suggest anyone expect anything other than a quick handshake. For me the sound check and good seats are probably the key selling points.
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

It also says all ticket holders are subject to the terms listed above and one of them said you must have a valid ID. I’m assuming that’s for the ticket buyer so my wife can buy that but if they need a valid ID to even get in I’m proper fucked

Edit; forgive the stupid question but do all band mates perform the sound check?
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Everyone but Maynard but why the fuck do you not have ID?

Wait, none of my business.
Canned audience laughter
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

rshforgothispw wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:28 am man I’m still on the fence about these VIPS someone has an hour to convince me in either direction. I’m going to NC. It’s the second to last show on the tour. That’s either great or terrible. My feeling is that they will not want to do meet and greet by the end cuz of the plethora of retarded fans that they will meet at the first few shows.

I don’t have a full sleeve tattoo of Adam to show him just want to thank the guy for getting me into playing guitar.
My opinion is probably quite unpopular but you are certainly entitled to it.

Don't do it! Not sure when VIP sessions started being a thing but there is something so very gauche about these expensive opportunities for fawning. Maintain your dignity and spend your money on the best seat you can and a nice meal beforehand. And if one day you happen upon one of the guys in the real world express your thanks certainly because I do think that would be so much more meaningful than saying it to an audience paid to be captive.
tiresias
Has been

Post by tiresias »

Setlist guess

Flood/Third Eye/The Grudge
FI
Pneuma
Forty-Six and Two
Invincible
Schism
Descending
Culling Voices
CC Trip
Intolerance/Sober/Crawl Away
Opiate/Lateralus
7empest
Ænima
Vicarious/Stinkfist
*Jerk-Off (LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL)
-Danny hits the cryo-chamber (wah!) and communes with the spirits.
-MJK has some tea with Lemon and some dope CBD pills from his buddy Rogan
-AJ seeks out his Wookie family for a nice FaceTime chat and watches indie-wrestling matches on the U-Tubes
-Justin rolls up a nice splif, quafs a g&t, and snuggles up with the collected works of Hume.
“Casual Fan”
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

tys0n wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:45 am Everyone but Maynard but why the fuck do you not have ID?

I’m a green card holder and have to renew but cuz trump is in office he’s ducking around all immigrants so I’m just waiting for my biometric paperwork for over a year now. My license has since expired and I can’t go get that without the new green card.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

rshforgothispw wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:52 am
tys0n wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:45 am Everyone but Maynard but why the fuck do you not have ID?

I’m a green card holder and have to renew but cuz trump is in office he’s ducking around all immigrants so I’m just waiting for my biometric paperwork for over a year now. My license has since expired and I can’t go get that without the new green card.
Fuck man, fuck.
Canned audience laughter
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

liz wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:50 am
rshforgothispw wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:28 am man I’m still on the fence about these VIPS someone has an hour to convince me in either direction. I’m going to NC. It’s the second to last show on the tour. That’s either great or terrible. My feeling is that they will not want to do meet and greet by the end cuz of the plethora of retarded fans that they will meet at the first few shows.

My opinion is probably quite unpopular but you are certainly entitled to it.

Don't do it! Not sure when VIP sessions started being a thing but there is something so very gauche about these expensive opportunities for fawning. Maintain your dignity and spend your money on the best seat you can and a nice meal beforehand. And if one day you happen upon one of the guys in the real world express your thanks certainly because I do think that would be so much more meaningful than saying it to an audience paid to be captive.
All very good points but I live in South Carolina. Nobody comes to South Carolina. I’m leaning towards buying for the great tickets alone. I will end up spending 300-500 anyway on stub hub.
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

Just buy the VIP. You are overthinking the ID thing. Tool is not ICE, all they care about is that you are the person who purchased the tix and havent scalped them. An expired ID along with the CC you used to purchase will be sufficient in my opinion.

See you in Raleigh!
Professor of Lesbian Science
NowhereFaded
Bronco's Fan

Post by NowhereFaded »

Anyone who’s on the fence about getting VIP tix let me say that you won’t be disappointed.
I attended VIP in the Gorge Wa. And it was worth every penny.
The band minus Maynard was in great spirits and happy to be there. IMO it’s a bargain for what you get. It’s intimate . It’s amazing. If your a tool fan you owe it to yourself to go VIP.
500$ is a lot of money but you only live once and money comes and goes but experiences is what this journey is about.
Good luck
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

Looks like the TOOL site is blocking buying vips to multiple shows at once.
I’m signed in and I’m on the VIP page and get blocked from trying to access the page on another device.
I wanted to try and get Boston and Mohegan VIP at the same time looks like I’ll have to go for one after the other if possible.
Good luck for everyone trying for VIP today this will be my first VIP if I get tickets.

Keep calm Keeping it calm Keep calm FUCK Here we go again!
All well Whatever, Nevermind
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

VIP packages are non-transferable and the purchaser must be present with valid photo ID.
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

Site crashed lol
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

rshforgothispw wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:51 am Site crashed lol
Go straight to the event page for Raleigh here...
https://embed.onelivemedia.com/event/to ... 9/pre-sale
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

IM IN BOYS!!
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

Got em!!!!!!!!!!!! and now I cant even access the site what a shit show
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

Many already show SOLD OUT.
I would check back periodically over the next 20 minutes because people who have them in suspense waiting to complete the order may not actually beat the 15 minuter 'hold''
Last edited by basejumper on Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

Ya I got back in through my email confirmation and low and behold Sold Out! I honestly feel so damn lucky right now