Fear Inoculum

ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Re: Fear Inoculum with SPOILERS

Post by ziggy23 »

basejumper wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:32 pm
ziggy23 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:22 pm
nxrm wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:06 pmI do wonder how long the battery will last though
Is it rechargable or not?
It came with a cable and charging port but is that really an indication if it's rechargeable :?: :P
idk, I haven't opened it yet)

nxrm wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:15 pm
snazzlefrass wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:09 pm It lasts a long time. I just recharged mine for the next spankathon scheduled for this Thursday night, 8:35pm EST.
Man, what video was loaded to your copy? :lol:
:D :D :D
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
fractal-machine
Has been

Post by fractal-machine »

ziggy23 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:39 pm FI promo copy

https://www.discogs.com/Tool-Fear-Inocu ... e/14076332
Is that official? Jeez right now I'm so easy...
A person or group which is used or controlled, usually unwittingly, by another person or group.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Now that would look cool spinning.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

Beautiful

Time to buy a vinyl player
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

Is pneuma the bouncing arab?
go taff!
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

budsyralli wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:02 pm Is pneuma the bouncing arab?
I believe so. It's gotta that bouncy feel to it, doesn't it?
Last edited by nxrm on Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

ziggy23 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:39 pm FI promo copy
PROMOTIONAL USE ONLY - NOT FOR SALE

1 For Sale from $499.99

:lol:
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

How Tool wrote FI:

Begin with 1-2 minutes of guitar/bass picking.
Add in odd drum beat.
Melodic vocals.
Heavy guitar part.
Find a groovy piece with all 3 instruments and stretch out for 2 minutes (gotta get these track lengths over 10 min).
Guitar solo(s).
Small breakdown.
Finish track with very heavy guitar & bass,with drums playing against them.
End track abruptly on a power chord.

Repeat until you have 6 tracks.
Check album length.
Add multiple segues of white noise or nonsense to Max album capacity.

I love the album, but damn. This formula got a little old by the time Culling Voices comes on...
7oolband
My pain is just an excuse

Post by 7oolband »

the formula has captured the entire music world's attention. good on the band sticking to their guns and focusing on what they know to do best. in a world where everyone is worried about how others will percieve them and adjusting their behvaior for others liking....tool said we are going deeper down our rabbit hole and if others do not like it then that is quite alright. i respect these artists direction 100% and i 100% know that i will make great use of these 7 tracks.
:?: i was right, this changes everything|devil&his had me down|this tedious path i've chosen here|what's coming through is alive|slipping back into the gap again|rRrreal fuckin high on drugs|spark becomes a flame|mention anything to me :!:
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

7oolband wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:00 am the formula has captured the entire music world's attention. good on the band sticking to their guns and focusing on what they know to do best. in a world where everyone is worried about how others will percieve them and adjusting their behvaior for others liking....tool said we are going deeper down our rabbit hole and if others do not like it then that is quite alright. i respect these artists direction 100% and i 100% know that i will make great use of these 7 tracks.
I feel kind of bad for the people disappointed with FI. I couldn’t imagine waiting this long and it not scratching that itch as a fan. For me it does more than that and makes me want to pick up my guitar each time I put on a song. I usually put the guitar back down after sounding like shit but the drive to play is still there.
7oolband
My pain is just an excuse

Post by 7oolband »

rshforgothispw wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:21 am
7oolband wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:00 am the formula has captured the entire music world's attention. good on the band sticking to their guns and focusing on what they know to do best. in a world where everyone is worried about how others will percieve them and adjusting their behvaior for others liking....tool said we are going deeper down our rabbit hole and if others do not like it then that is quite alright. i respect these artists direction 100% and i 100% know that i will make great use of these 7 tracks.
I feel kind of bad for the people disappointed with FI. I couldn’t imagine waiting this long and it not scratching that itch as a fan. For me it does more than that and makes me want to pick up my guitar each time I put on a song. I usually put the guitar back down after sounding like shit but the drive to play is still there.
qtf and hilarity. each song feels like a damn side to an album. that is fine with me. the more epic the better. my soul has been conditioned already!
:?: i was right, this changes everything|devil&his had me down|this tedious path i've chosen here|what's coming through is alive|slipping back into the gap again|rRrreal fuckin high on drugs|spark becomes a flame|mention anything to me :!:
fractal-machine
Has been

Post by fractal-machine »

rshforgothispw wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:21 am
I could not agree with you more! Ha ha! I actually took my guitar out of storage and placed new strings on this last night! I haven't played in years! This album has inspired me so much I actually took the time to string a Floyd Rose! I love this album so much, It's eclipsed their other albums (by my own obsession) temporarily of course!🎸
A person or group which is used or controlled, usually unwittingly, by another person or group.
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

fractal-machine wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:40 pm [ I actually took the time to string a Floyd Rose!
Lol me too on my reverse dinky Jackson! After I got my 10-46 on I couldn’t get it to tune in E and had to go down a step wtf. Bought some 9-42 for my Jaguar!
All well Whatever, Nevermind
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

I know the pieces fit :D
- You like noisy music?
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

ziggy23 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:52 pm

I know the pieces fit :D
Do you think that does flow? I’m not hearing it.
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

nxrm wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:44 pm
budsyralli wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:02 pm Is pneuma the bouncing arab?
I believe so. It's gotta that bouncy feel to it, doesn't it?
sure does.
go taff!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Not so much for me. Bit of a stretch, but it’s still interesting to check out the various theories occasionally.
Ki77aan :twisted:
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Sounds great in 24bit!

Canned audience laughter
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

The torrent? Or the album?
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

tys0n wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:57 am Sounds great in 24bit!

You all sorted from Amazon?
Listen to All Them Witches
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Nah, coming Tuesday!

Bastards!
Canned audience laughter
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/to ... -inoculum/
Did someone put this up and I missed it?
Anyway quite a mean spirited review in my opinion contradictory, heavy on irrelevancies and even mentioning "those" allegations; it won't find many fans here I imagine.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Once again, pure antagonism to drive clicks and views from Tool fans and others who flock to see a negative review as no one likes a positive one.

cha cha cha

I mean just read this

"Tool are just King Crimson in Joker makeup. They thrive in an enormously popular world of polyrhythms and prurience; of Jungian philosophy and Bill Hicks memes; of pewter dragon statues with orbs in their mouths and guys telling you that DMT is actually a chemical in your brain. Forged in the mad-at-my-dad fires of ’90s post-grunge and nu-metal, the progressive metal quartet has sustained a decades-long career on equal parts technical precision and psychedelic bullshit. Their multi-part songs are loosely about embracing pain, grief, desire, transgression, until all your chakras are open and you know exactly why the pieces fit. They’ve been a punchline for years."

Pure unadulterated antagonism do drive clicks and views to generate reports to sell to their advertisers.

Send more money.
Canned audience laughter