Fear Inoculum

liz
Lunchinator

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by liz »

You could quote it all really. Hardly any of it that isn't dripping with bilious cliche after cliche.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

tys0n wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:33 am Nah, coming Tuesday!

Bastards!
Fuck yeah ya all sorted thats the main thing! I got mine today , most excite
Listen to All Them Witches
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Busty McCracken wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:17 am
tys0n wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:33 am Nah, coming Tuesday!

Bastards!
Fuck yeah ya all sorted thats the main thing! I got mine today , most excite
I thought you would have updated the amazon au thread you cant! (HB said we can't use the actual word anymore, what a daggot!)
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

The only spare moment I've had since I got home was to check whether you'd been sorted ya carnt! I'm an everyday hero here I say! Thought it would be at the post office for collection tomorrow but was on my door step when I got home
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Just posted on the blog that I chatted to one of my sources today, who assure me there will be a second run of Fear Inoculum CDs for those that missed out
St. Troy
My pain is just an excuse

Post by St. Troy »

hellboy wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:29 am...there will be a second run of Fear Inoculum CDs for those that missed out
Do you think this decreases the likelihood of a release of a standard CD, or delays it?

Specifically, I wish for a CD containing all 10 tracks (yes...I know it would have to be a 2-CD set). Failing that, I would like to know (at the universe's earliest convenience) that such a thing will never be, so I can pull the trigger on buying a download (which I'd have done already but for the hope of an eventual 2-CD release) - I still have yet to hear the album (other than the title track).
I ain't no pervert; I was just born curious.

I'm your friendly neighborhood peeping Tom.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

I Didn't Want Tool to Release a New Album. I Was Wrong.

After a 13-year wait, I was worried about Fear Inoculum. I should have never been a doubter.
https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/m ... um-review/
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

St. Troy wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:18 am Do you think this decreases the likelihood of a release of a standard CD, or delays it?

Specifically, I wish for a CD containing all 10 tracks (yes...I know it would have to be a 2-CD set). Failing that, I would like to know (at the universe's earliest convenience) that such a thing will never be, so I can pull the trigger on buying a download (which I'd have done already but for the hope of an eventual 2-CD release) - I still have yet to hear the album (other than the title track).
Seeing as the band has never re-released Aenima on vinyl or had a second print of Salival, there's absolutely nothing to suggest there's going to be a standard CD release of Fear Inoculum. Even more so now that additional copies of the Limited Edition Special CD Package are going to be made available.

You've already purchased a high quality download, so I'd suggest just burning your own CDs if that's what you're waiting for.

And more importantly, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?! You've got a new Tool album waiting to be listened to!!! :D \m/
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
St. Troy

Post by St. Troy »

nxrm wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:02 amYou've already purchased a high quality download, so I'd suggest just burning your own CDs if that's what you're waiting for.
I actually haven't sprung for the download yet (I don't want to buy it, only to learn a 2-disc set is upcoming).
nxrm wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:02 am...there's absolutely nothing to suggest there's going to be a standard CD release of Fear Inoculum.
I admit I have nothing firm, but I've heard different rumors in different places all saying that a "standard CD" is coming either in September or in the "next couple of months" (and even then, if the "standard CD" is just a single CD with 7 tracks, I have no interest). The only reason I have to consider taking these seriously is that they are simple, not the usual breathless "Tool actually recorded 5 albums since 2006 and they are going to release them on dates of eclipses!" type of things.

I was hoping that hellboy might have the inside track on info such as "there will never be a 2-CD FI," because absent that, I just want to keep waiting...
nxrm wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:02 amAnd more importantly, You've got a new Tool album waiting to be listened to!!! :D \m/
I know. It's a bit like being ready to...well, do this certain thing, and then it's interrupted and you keep thinking "just another 5 minutes," until finally you realize it's time to stand down and forget it for a day or two, or a month. Well, that's where I am right now - I've made my peace with knowing that it ain't gonna happen in the next 5 minutes, and might be a while...

Of course, I'm hoping to see them live in November, which would mean I have to buy something before then, so...this is a pain in the ass. I had no problem spending $40 on this, none at all, but...partial album? WTF. W...T...F.

nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

St. Troy wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:23 am I actually haven't sprung for the download yet (I don't want to buy it, only to learn a 2-disc set is upcoming).
Go ahead and spring for that high quality download, because there's definitely no 2-disc set coming in the near future. You can take that to the bank.

Hope you enjoy your first listen. I think it's a stellar album and a worthy addition to their catalog.

Good luck getting to a show in November as well.
St. Troy

Post by St. Troy »

nxrm wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:36 am...there's definitely no 2-disc set coming in the near future. You can take that to the bank.
Well, that's bad news (I don't want to take it to the bank, dammit!).

Thanks.

St. Troy

Post by St. Troy »

I'm happy to live without a screen, but I had my heart set on holding nice artwork etc...

I go from stereopticon glasses to - nothing!

nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

St. Troy wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:49 am I'm happy to live without a screen, but I had my heart set on holding nice artwork etc...

I go from stereopticon glasses to - nothing!
Ah, so you didn't get a hold of the Limited Edition Special CD Packaging version either? I see...

You need to pick that up once it's available again then. It is very cool.

You'll be paying twice for the album if you buy a high quality download as well, but...it's Tool we're talking about. :D
St. Troy

Post by St. Troy »

nxrm wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:44 am...so you didn't get a hold of the Limited Edition Special CD Packaging version either?
I pre-ordered it about 5 seconds after it was announced, but cancelled after learning the CD was abridged (no thanks). I'd really like to have the lyrics and artwork, but as you note:
nxrm wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:44 amYou'll be paying twice for the album if you buy a high quality download as well...
...and I have no interest in buying it twice (once, with an unabridged 2-CD edition for which I would've been happy to pay more, would've been fine).

nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

St. Troy wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:50 am ...and I have no interest in buying it twice (once, with an unabridged 2-CD edition for which I would've been happy to pay more, would've been fine).
09.05.19 FEAR INOCULUM - LIMITED EDITION CD PACKAGE + DIGITAL DOWNLOAD [RE RELEASE PRE-SALE]

"We are excited to announce that due to overwhelming demand for the FEAR INOCULUM deluxe CD package, a small additional quantity is being made.

We are offering a very limited pre-order for this final run of deluxe CD packages, which will be available exclusively via store.tooband.com.

For US orders, this offer is available NOW for today only (until 11:59pm ET).

For International orders, this offer is available for tomorrow only starting at 1:00pm ET (until 11:59pm ET).

Those who pre-order will immediately receive a download of the digital album featuring several bonus tracks. The CD packages should be ready to ship at the end of September."
Last edited by nxrm on Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Just a quick reminder, this album is a 10 out of 10.

Carry On
The most intelligent person on this forum
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

M0G wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:35 pm Just a quick reminder, this album is a 10 out of 10.

Carry On
:')
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

Be quick those who want the deluxe edition, just got out!
US only it seems like

https://store.toolband.com/collections/ ... cd-package
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

READ THE WORD FINAL GUYS

THIS IS YOUR LAST TIME TO GET THIS

INTERNATIONAL ORDERS ARE TOMORROW
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

M0G wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:35 pm Just a quick reminder, this album is a 10 out of 10.

Carry On
:shock:

At some point I'm going to need a more thorough review of each track from you M0G, but this will suffice for now.

:D
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

St. Troy wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:50 am ...and I have no interest in buying it twice (once, with an unabridged 2-CD edition for which I would've been happy to pay more, would've been fine).
Forget about what I said above, looks like you may want to pick up one of these copies now. :D
Ettan wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:47 pm Be quick those who want the deluxe edition, just got out!
US only it seems like

https://store.toolband.com/collections/ ... cd-package
rshforgothispw wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:53 pm READ THE WORD FINAL GUYS

THIS IS YOUR LAST TIME TO GET THIS

INTERNATIONAL ORDERS ARE TOMORROW
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Post by Pimple »

nxrm wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:01 pm

Carry On
:shock:

At some point I'm going to need a more thorough review of each track from you M0G, but this will suffice for now.

:D
This. I was looking forward to when you came back into the forum.
Be good to each other.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Carry On
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

Carry On
Nah, this one goes to 11/10
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.