New Album Touring (with SPOILERS!)

The Main Event
Boldizar
Optomist

Re: New Album Touring

Post by Boldizar »

I don't see how that is "not fair" at all. If you want to VIP, join TA. You pay for unique access to purchase unique things as a member of the club. It helps make offering those things possible. I knew going into TA what it was, but I joined anyways because I specifically wanted to be able to purchase VIP packages instead of dicking around with Ticketmaster and scalpers. I have been able to do that twice now. Even though I pay yearly, I at least get the merch pack again on renewal.

I think they should revokve sales of non-TA members and put those tickets back up as well as refund TA memberships that people bought specifically to buy presale tickets that were not VIP.
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

GabesCaves wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:34 am What's not fair is VIP is TA only.
:?
GabesCaves wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:34 am Some fans just dont want to be in a club.
Then don't join and take advantage of what that club has to offer.
GabesCaves wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:34 am It would be harsh to just cancel non TA VIPs.
From Toolband: "VERY LIMITED TOOL VIP PRE-SALES that will go on sale EXCLUSIVELY TO TOOLARMY MEMBERS"

If you weren't in TA and found a way to purchase VIP tickets I think Tool has every right to cancel your order. I'm not saying they should or shouldn't, but I think that's their prerogative.

And if I'm remembering correctly, there were past VIP pre-sales to TA members that did not immediately sell out and those were then made available to non-TA members a couple days later.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
GabesCaves
My pain is just an excuse

Post by GabesCaves »

nxrm wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:47 am
GabesCaves wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:34 am What's not fair is VIP is TA only.
:?
GabesCaves wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:34 am Some fans just dont want to be in a club.
Then don't join and take advantage of what that club has to offer.
GabesCaves wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:34 am It would be harsh to just cancel non TA VIPs.
From Toolband: "VERY LIMITED TOOL VIP PRE-SALES that will go on sale EXCLUSIVELY TO TOOLARMY MEMBERS"

If you weren't in TA and found a way to purchase VIP tickets I think Tool has every right to cancel your order. I'm not saying they should or shouldn't, but I think that's their prerogative.

And if I'm remembering correctly, there were past VIP pre-sales to TA members that did not immediately sell out and those were then made available to non-TA members a couple days later.

You're quoting the press release from a few hours before the VIP presale. The 8.30.19 tour announcement was different:

" a limited number of tickets will be available to Tool Army members on Sept. 4. Tool Army information, as well as VIP package details, can be found via Toolband.com."

- there were no other VIP purchase details on toolband.com from 8.30 to 9.3 late evening (EDT).

-the announcement refers to limited amount of tickets, not the VIP experience

- TA info, "as well as VIP detail" implies the VIP is distinct and separate from TA membership info.

Had they not waited until a few hours before the presale to clarify as from your quote, I'd agree with you.

They could have easily avoided any confusion by naming the presale accurately from the onset:

"Tool Army Exclusive: VIP Presale"

This could also have avoided TA member confusion for members looking for a generic TA ticket offering.

Such is how it goes in the concert biz.
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

You were saying that TA membership getting exclusive VIP offers was unfair.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

GabesCaves wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:34 am You're quoting the press release from a few hours before the VIP presale. The 8.30.19 tour announcement was different:
I completely agree, that first pre-sale announcement could/should have been more specific to indicate that it was only for VIP tickets.
Boldizar wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:40 am You were saying that TA membership getting exclusive VIP offers was unfair.
As Boldizar stated, I thought you were complaining about this as well.

:D
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
rinkwhopper
Has been

Post by rinkwhopper »

Boldizar wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:48 am
I think they should revokve sales of non-TA members and put those tickets back up...
And I seriously hope they do not. I would be surprised if this actually happened given how disorganized Tool Inc. seems to be.
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

If you really wanted to go see these guys you would be a member and would’ve jumped on the VIPS. You would’ve been there right before sale, ready to go. I also give credit to whoever just found the straight link and bought without membership. Early bird catches the worm.
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

I honestly don't know what's more shocking: tricking a bunch of people into buying $50 annual memberships, or people buying $500 tickets from a reddit link
Ahhh, Infotainment!
zander
Bronco's Fan

Post by zander »

rshforgothispw wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:47 pm If you really wanted to go see these guys you would be a member and would’ve jumped on the VIPS. You would’ve been there right before sale, ready to go. I also give credit to whoever just found the straight link and bought without membership. Early bird catches the worm.
I am, I was there before, ready to go and still missed out. Denver was sold out @ 10:01, probably because they allowed non-members to purchase them anyway.
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

That sucks man. I suck at computers but was right there and everything went normal.
GabesCaves

Post by GabesCaves »

nxrm wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:53 am
GabesCaves wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:34 am You're quoting the press release from a few hours before the VIP presale. The 8.30.19 tour announcement was different:
I completely agree, that first pre-sale announcement could/should have been more specific to indicate that it was only for VIP tickets.
Boldizar wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:40 am You were saying that TA membership getting exclusive VIP offers was unfair.
As Boldizar stated, I thought you were complaining about this as well.

:D

Not at all. Membership deserves its benefits. I wish I knew a few days in advance what the terms of the VIP and general ticket presales and regular sales were going to be so I could decide whether to join.

Considering so many members got locked out of VIP, glad I didn't join because all I wanted was VIP. But still may have joined if I knew all the facts.

Even looking at the title of their second press release on 9.3-

"09.04.19
LIMITED TOOLARMY VIP PRESALE"

Calling it a limited TA presale implies there will be an additional sale since this one is limited and its "pre" meaning prior to another VIP sale. Perhaps.

"...TOOL VIP PRE-SALES that will go on sale EXCLUSIVELY TO TOOLARMY MEMBERS on WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 4th at 10:00 LOCAL TIME."

So the pre sale is exclusive to TA. Is this the only VIP sale? Is there one afterwards if supplies are available? Get rid of the PRE above and I agree it is clear.

"VIP WILL ONLY BE AVAILABLE TO MEMBERS unless supplies are available after the presale "
...ahh to dream of clear communication.

And looking at the VIP Experience at the moment (Th 5pm EST):

"Purchase Options
Online sales are currently paused."

So they'll be on sale after the pause is over? Dont think so.
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

^^
My god dude, take it to the Grudge thread! It's exclusively available to all pre members of FourthEye while supplies last.
Professor of Lesbian Science
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

NOBODY SAID ANYTHING ABOUT PRE MEMBERS TO ME!! That’s it! Everyone chargeback hellboy!!
GabesCaves

Post by GabesCaves »

basejumper wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:45 pm ^^
My god dude, take it to the Grudge thread! It's exclusively available to all pre members of FourthEye while supplies last.

Thanks for the advice buddy ;-)
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Boldizar wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:48 am Even though I pay yearly, I at least get the merch pack again on renewal.
Why would you want more merch packs of the exact same thing?
Canned audience laughter
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

tys0n wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:15 pm
Boldizar wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:48 am Even though I pay yearly, I at least get the merch pack again on renewal.
Why would you want more merch packs of the exact same thing?
Bold is hardcore.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Or has a lot of keys.
Canned audience laughter
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

tys0n wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:27 pm Or has a lot of keys.
Who else would be coming in your house at night tyson? ;)

Ideally I would havs the lifetime one, but I am not lol. I like the tshirt.
rinkwhopper
Has been

Post by rinkwhopper »

wonder if I should buy a backup ticket in case they gank my VIP purchase. I'm in queue with 800 in front of me...
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

I was in the queue and had 2 floor tickets then got routed to the checkout page where those tickets turned into upper nosebleed fucking balcony. What a shit show glad I was able to get those VIP or I would be much more upset.
All well Whatever, Nevermind
gaffas
Maynard Believer

Post by gaffas »

GOT MY TICKETS TO THE NEW YORK SHOW :D

Was a nervous wait with that queue/waitlist... First time seeing them in North America (having only seen them in Brisbane and Sydney, prior to moving). Hope everyone else was successful.
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

I only had 2000+ in front of me! Took almost 20 minutes to get out of the 'que' then they gave me the choice of crap tickets or shit tickets. I choose crap and then they said the transaction couldn't be processed on my device! Haha. FUCK TICKETBASTARD!
Professor of Lesbian Science
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

So glad I got vip!! I went in line just for shits and giggles and I could’ve gotten back floor seats for $350 ea. So I paid an extra $150 for parking, merch, soundcheck and hopefully meet and greet. Can’t beat that!
7oolband

Post by 7oolband »

dead center seats for me me. section right behind GA. could be worse i could be going to a Nickleback concert.
:?: i was right, this changes everything|devil&his had me down|this tedious path i've chosen here|what's coming through is alive|slipping back into the gap again|rRrreal fuckin high on drugs|spark becomes a flame|mention anything to me :!:
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

7oolband wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:30 am dead center seats for me me. section right behind GA. could be worse i could be going to a Nickleback concert.
Sounds like prime seats to me pal where you going?