New Album Touring (with SPOILERS!)

The Main Event
Shed523
Geacon

Re: New Album Touring

Post by Shed523 »

Love 4 degrees and would Love to see it live. I got Undertow though What a fucking banger live! Followed by Eulogy damn what a night!
All well Whatever, Nevermind
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

I think they should do at least one Opiate or Undertow song each night, but with the new album they may not even be able to do one from every previous album. I would think at the very least that should be possible. Especially if they don't play every single song from Fear Inoculum every night and instead rotate songs to be able to fit in older songs and even hopefully play one that hasn't been played in a while occasionally. 4 Degrees is a good choice. Flood, Undertow, Cold and Ugly would be nice too
"That's what you get when you argue with children..." -Tyson
GabesCaves
My pain is just an excuse

Post by GabesCaves »

tys0n wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:35 pm Bring back 4 Degrees!
+1

+100
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

children wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:51 pm I think they should do at least one Opiate or Undertow song each night, but with the new album they may not even be able to do one from every previous album. I would think at the very least that should be possible. Especially if they don't play every single song from Fear Inoculum every night and instead rotate songs to be able to fit in older songs and even hopefully play one that hasn't been played in a while occasionally. 4 Degrees is a good choice. Flood, Undertow, Cold and Ugly would be nice too
Sorry, but fuck rotating new songs just to fit in old ones. They've played them to death at this point. I want to hear the new stuff. They can go back to greatest hits after this tour.
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

Ya I’m going to NEED all the new tunes live and how beautiful it will be! Love the old staples but NOT interested in seeing Schism,46&2 or Stinkfist again.
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

I would prefer to hear all the new songs over anything else. I was just speculating on whether they will or not really. I think there's a good chance they will play the whole album.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

It's not like it's going to strain Nards voice either.
Canned audience laughter
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

I just hope all the testosterone in the audience can chill the f out and not go all 2001: Dawn of Man the whole show. One show I had someone randomly scream in my ear like they had no idea how to react to the music, like they were embarrassed to just do nothing. I get it when people sing, but for God's sake, please don't be that person that just hollers. You're taking up valuable hertz. That all being said, I'd pay extra to see them play this album in Japan for that reason. Budokan mofos!
Ahhh, Infotainment!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

The new album is pretty well suited for playing live, especially in respect to Maynard's voice, so wouldn't surprise me if they play all or most of it. I think Culling Voices presents a few challenges though, unless Justin plays a guitar for the first half and then switches to bass.

Tool don't seem to write studio only songs though, so I expect they have some plan for CV
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Bring Buzz on tour!
Canned audience laughter
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

Is it possible Adam uses a looper or something else to perform Culling V?
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

children wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:19 pm Is it possible Adam uses a looper or something else to perform Culling V?
Possible I guess, but seems silly having Justin stand around twiddling his thumbs for 7 minutes
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

Good point. Maybe he is playing a sort of acoustic bass or something. Is that definitely two guitars?
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

a good plan for CV is not to play it. thats the only song i dont want to hear. i dont think they will play the entire album but def most of it. similiar to the lateralus tour i guess.
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

Even with a looper, there ends up being 3 guitar tracks before the bass kicks in, one of which mirrors the bass' first riff at one point.. I do wonder if Justin is playing on the album. To bad reporters don't actually discuss the music ever
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Wasn't there a song where Nard would hold something like a keytar and no one knew what he was actually doing?
Canned audience laughter
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

tys0n wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:34 am Wasn't there a song where Nard would hold something like a keytar and no one knew what he was actually doing?
Yea, a bass on Schism and DRT. He was playing unpleasant harmony during the guitar solo of Reflection and some sort of drone note of the chorus of Schism. I would imagine there is more, but I have never been able to hear it to well and it always looks like he's just standing there.
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

Right after or before the intermission have Adam, Justin and the guitar player for Killing Joke jam CV. Right into CCtrip with a guest drummer and then ruin everyone with 7emest!
tompie

Post by tompie »

I don't see CV happening for all of the reasons mentioned above. It wouldn't be especially easy with a looper either, especially considering Adam's lack of regular use of one (as far as any of us can tell)
Alittlevil
Has been

Post by Alittlevil »

Not sure it means anything but Blair is talking about Australian wildlife on the toolband page maybe some aussie dates soon for yall?
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

Is there really such a thing as that nano guitar Blair used to talk about? Any chance that's on CV?
Matthewc25

Post by Matthewc25 »

So I was able to get tickets to the October 20th show. How early should I get there if I want to get a signed poster? How many do they usually have? Also this will be my first Tool concert!!! :)
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Matthewc25 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:42 am Also this will be my first Tool concert!!! :)
Strap in. Bring a diaper.
Matthewc25

Post by Matthewc25 »

joeypants wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:46 am
Matthewc25 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:42 am Also this will be my first Tool concert!!! :)
Strap in. Bring a diaper.
Thanks haha. I got super lucky yesterday. I was checking the AXS app and all the sudden two lower level seats popped up for face value.
sonnyboy11
Bronco's Fan

Post by sonnyboy11 »

Matthewc25 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:42 am So I was able to get tickets to the October 20th show. How early should I get there if I want to get a signed poster? How many do they usually have? Also this will be my first Tool concert!!! :)
Signed poster timing varies from show to show. Often, there will only be one (maybe 2) merch stands that will get them. And it's usually about an 1 - 1.5 hours before showtime. You'll want to look for where a random line is forming off to the side or around one of the merch stands. And don't be surprised when the people running the booths turn out to really not have any clue about when the posters will come out or even which stand they will go to. Not sure how many actually come out. Maybe 100-200? Someone else here may know.

/have 4 of them from various shows