New Album Touring (with SPOILERS!)

The Main Event
tys0n
Streeper

Re: New Album Touring (with SPOILERS!)

Post by tys0n »

Merkaba is the last thing I want to hear.
Canned audience laughter
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Kittaan wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:05 pm I think Junior looks at everyone like they’re crazy.
So very true. :D
Kittaan wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:05 pmBy the way, if Junior has a kid and names him Junior, he’d be Junior Senior. In Spanish speaking countries, he’d be addressed as Señor Junior Senior.
:lol:
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

tys0n wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:43 pm Merkaba is the last thing I want to hear.
As long as it's not replacing a legit song in the setlist, I don't really mind.
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

bob wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:44 pm They played Merkaba tonight and earlier someone posted a pic from setlistfm ''some older song'' haah
During the pre-Vicarious noodling, Danny played the "some kind of psychedelic experience" sample and played along with it for (at most) 20-30 seconds in a way that was reminiscent of Merkaba (similar beat).
I wouldn't classify it as playing Merkaba. Pretty far from it.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

junior wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:06 pm
bob wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:44 pm They played Merkaba tonight and earlier someone posted a pic from setlistfm ''some older song'' haah
During the pre-Vicarious noodling, Danny played the "some kind of psychedelic experience" sample and played along with it for (at most) 20-30 seconds in a way that was reminiscent of Merkaba (similar beat).
I wouldn't classify it as playing Merkaba. Pretty far from it.
anything diff then the usual stuff all the time im down with so its good to hear something a little diff is in there. nice!
St. Troy
My pain is just an excuse

Post by St. Troy »

St. Troy wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:30 amI have a ticket to see them in Boston on Nov 14 but may sell...I may just sell this one and hope their eternal tour returns to Boston in a year or two, this time with a set list more to my liking.
It is done; I sold my ticket to tomorrow night's show, the funny thing being I'm not going to bother hoping (as I wrote before) that they return to Boston. Somehow, despite the facts that I consider them the best non-Pink Floyd live band I've ever seen, and think FI is their best album...it appears I just don't want to leave the couch again for live music. At least I made a few bucks on the ticket sale for my wife to spend.
I ain't no pervert; I was just born curious.

I'm your friendly neighborhood peeping Tom.
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

Boston tonight! :D No spoilers or setlists peeks yet but I kind of know what they are playing. Will check back after the show. Will be interesting reading through the past posts to how this tour has been going thus far!
All well Whatever, Nevermind
Alittlevil
Has been

Post by Alittlevil »

Good morning. Anyone in the US have any idea what the original on sale price has been for tickets to the arenas they are currently playing?
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Shed523 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:34 am Boston tonight! :D No spoilers or setlists peeks yet but I kind of know what they are playing. Will check back after the show. Will be interesting reading through the past posts to how this tour has been going thus far!
Hope you have a great time tonight Shed. Looking forward to reading your review.
Alittlevil wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:42 am Good morning. Anyone in the US have any idea what the original on sale price has been for tickets to the arenas they are currently playing?
Floor seats and lower level (100 sections) were $170 in Los Angeles. I think the mid level and premier seats ended up going for $140, followed by the upper level at $90 or thereabouts.

Spoonman
Geacon

Post by Spoonman »

90-170$ ticket sale price?

Wow, is this standard in the US? I think Berlin was about 90 or 95€ this year.

And in 2006 and 2007 I paid about 40€ to see the band. At this time there was an interview with Maynard
at some festival and they asked him, why Tool tickets were so expensive.

Yes, back then 40€ was a lot... :shock:
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Spoonman wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:18 am 90-170$ ticket sale price?

And in 2006 and 2007 I paid about 40€ to see the band. At this time there was an interview with Maynard

I think the LA ticket prices may have been slightly more expensive than other cities. But overall I recall ticket prices for this tour being on the high end.
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

nxrm wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:11 am
Shed523 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:34 am Boston tonight! :D No spoilers or setlists peeks yet but I kind of know what they are playing. Will check back after the show. Will be interesting reading through the past posts to how this tour has been going thus far!
Hope you have a great time tonight Shed. Looking forward to reading your review.

Thanks! Managed to Get a lower Balcony seat for $120!
Alittlevil wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:42 am Good morning. Anyone in the US have any idea what the original on sale price has been for tickets to the arenas they are currently playing?
Boston Face value tickets were From $60 or so for balcony to $150 for floor. That quickly changed to $300 for balcony and $500+ for floor tickets! With that in mind I'm headed Mohegan Sun next week for VIP :D and floor seats for that show are going for $750 on average!
St. Troy

Post by St. Troy »

Alittlevil wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:42 amAnyone in the US have any idea what the original on sale price has been for tickets to the arenas they are currently playing?
My balcony ticket (Boston) was about $79 direct from Ticketmaster (including all fees; the face value might have been $55 or $59 etc.).

ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Spoonman wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:18 am 90-170$ ticket sale price?

I paid less then 50 for a floor ticket in Amsterdam earlier this year.
St. Troy

Post by St. Troy »

ms2r wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:51 amI paid less then 50 for a floor ticket in Amsterdam earlier this year.
Yeah, but that's only because people in Amsterdam are generally too busy getting baked and spanked to have time for much else, even a Tool show.

Alittlevil
Has been

Post by Alittlevil »

Thank you all for the answers. Dallas goes on sale tomorrow and still no hint as to pricing structure.
St. Troy

Post by St. Troy »

Alittlevil wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:17 amDallas goes on sale tomorrow and still no hint as to pricing structure.
Ah yes; that was fun, when Boston went on sale: log in ahead of time, wait...wait...wait...GO! GO! GO! NO TIME FOR CRITICAL THINKING, JUST HIT THE BUTTON!

nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

I should add, the $170 for floor seats in LA was with tax and all the additional fees. I think the list price was $140 or so.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

St. Troy wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:02 am
ms2r wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:51 amI paid less then 50 for a floor ticket in Amsterdam earlier this year.
Yeah, but that's only because people in Amsterdam are generally too busy getting baked and spanked to have time for much else, even a Tool show.
:lol:
Canned audience laughter
tompie

Post by tompie »

Took a bit of a fourth eye/reddit break before Toronto #2 (#4 on the whole for me, last time was 2012). Some general thoughts:

- They seem to be having a lot of fun and spirits seem generally high which makes for a nice show

- Disappointed that Toronto night 1 got the superior setlist (Descending + Intolerance) but beggars can't be choosers

- The visuals have always been top notch but I'd like to extend some props to Junior and team for really hitting it out of the park with the new songs. You know they did a good job when you can't help but imagine molten sun gunk every time you hear the Pneuma "chorus"

Now on the actual songs...

- FI works surprisingly well as an opener (those beginning samples) and it is amazing how much heavier the second half sounds live. Almost makes me wish that section was mixed a little different. As soon as the "solo" kicks in on the recording the low end gets a bit sucked out whereas live it was earth shattering. Invincible was as good as expected and Pneuma, while originally not a huge favourite of mine (coming in behind Desc, Invinc. and FI) was a massive massive highlight. That main riff...wow. Also the extended CC Trip with the gong solo was absolutely mesmerizing.

- Was thoroughly surprised by how great the Aenima tracks were. I'm pretty tired of the studio versions of the hits but Aenema and Stinkfist were especially hard hitting this time around and the changed up vocals are not only really great but give the songs some extra lasting power.

- Lateralus is tops for me but I could use without those two tracks. Parabol and Parabola bring the intensity down a bit and Schism only really benefits from that extension. Can't help but be amazed each time they go from the "Cold silence..." bit to the end, but this was still one of the tracks that seems most stale.

- Jambi was an absolute highlight and I think deserves to be the staple that it is. Vicarious while not a favourite translates incredibly well live. Only real complaint was The Pot, which seems to bore even the band.

- Was really awesome to see a nearly flawless Part of Me (scratch seeing an Opiate track off the bucket list) and bits of Merkaba (ditto for Salival). Came out of the show feeling like the latter was a highlight because the jam around it was so refreshing, psychadelic and not something one generally expects.

All in all, I'll say this: unless you've seen the band a trillion times, put your setlist gripes aside and go see a show. The new tracks are worth the price of admission alone and the band is in absolute top form. Don't miss out.
Last edited by tompie on Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

tompie wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:02 pm All in all, I'll say this: unless you've seen the band a trillion times, put your setlist gripes aside and go see a show. The new tracks are worth the price of admission alone and the band is in absolute top form. Don't miss out.
Right on! \m/
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

Fear Inoculum was an amazing opener. Slightly extended intro and being in the Balcony it was a sitting vibe :( , but only for one tune for me. FI hits on all levels, Musically, Vocally and Visually! The "Shower Curtain" was down for this song adding a extra layer of mind bending Visuals. The second half starts and its as heavy or heavier than the first half and that's when that Eye shows up. During the outro again on that "shower curtain" it was like a portal/vortex pulling us into that Eye FUCK!

Maynard "DUNKIN DONUTS"
He's right every town in Mass has to have at least 5 Dunkin Donuts.

Aenima Hits, the dude in front of me stands up and theres my cue :D. I'm up at this point Aenima Was fucking Blasting. The band was ripping through this jam and again hitting on ALL phases. This jam got people going!

The Pot. Great song I haven't heard it live since they switched to Drop C and it did not disappoint. The video is pretty cool too.

Parabol/a was as expected. Not one of my favorite jams but I do love the outro and the video! Funny Parabloa is one of the guys I went with Favorite tune. I will say when May May screams ALIVE, WOW that man still has it!

PPPPNNEUMMMAAAAA!!! HOT FUCKING DAMN THIS ONE TOOK THE CAKE! How great watching Danny pull off that "price is right wheel" drum riff! Amazing! Then it just builds and builds, Maynard finishes "Sun Becoming" the lazer lights pan from the stage to the ceiling in that 3 second note bend and as the lights hit the ceiling "that riff" hits! POWER, ENERGY, EMOTION all wrapped up in 4 chords! My New Favorite live song.

Schism. Great as usual but now I've seen it 11 times so...

Jambi is an amazing live song and an amazing song overall. Nice little breakdown before the solo and a little guest appearance from someone in Killing Joke I imagine. They played Adams solo on his synth for a couple minutes then Adam did his thing.

Vicarious with the slightly extended intro. Maynard was sitting nest to Danny just swinging his legs as he sung LOL. The video for Vicarious was Amazing maybe the best of the night.

Now we get the "under 30 semen reference"

Intolerance! What a banger! Was Awesome seeing the floating Undertow Image while they raged this early 90's jam.

46&2 is another great song that I've seen a lot but the new visuals were intense! Also this tune ended with such power the whole place was shaking!

THE GONG!!!!! Danny Fucking Carey soloing on a MASSIVE Gong. Life complete. Then into a different version of CCtrip which was just as badass!

Invincible really takes some time to get there. Slowly building and adding layers. Justin's Bass was great all night but stands out here and his solo was Perfect! The synth part was magical live and these guys just don't miss a fucking beat! I almost forgot Invincible had the best visuals maybe halfway through all of a sudden someone is standing next to Maynard. Shit it’s Adam! Oh Damn there is like a “hallway mirror” effect on all the band members! That was so cool!

Stinkfist. Lots of Phones out LOL

Overall 10 of 10 these men are In Top TOP form. Managed to get two posters super easy there were tons of merch booths. This one of the best TOOL shows out of 11 I've seen. These 50+ years old guys are almost better now than "in their prime" and Maynard knows how to take care of his instrument.

Mohegan Sun next week!! Fuck Fuck! Here we go again!
Last edited by Shed523 on Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Great reviews guys. Brought me back to my shows. Looks like there were a few tweaks from the LA shows I saw, which is good to hear.

The “hallway mirror” effect was on Danny during CCT, if it’s what I think you’re referring to. No guests sitting in at all.

I loved the re-use / re-purposing of some of the older vid clips on some of the songs. Made them fresh, but familiar. In general, the visuals and lighting are phenomenal throughout. They are like band members at this point.

I’m stoked to see them again soon on this next leg. I may not be able to stop at just Fresno. Depends on how tickets play out.
Ki77aan :twisted:
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Somehow scored great seats in Sec 103 for New Orleans. Man, haven't bought face value through Ticketmaster in a while apparently, because holy shit I was taken aback by what a mess and nightmare the process is now! Unbelievable.
Takeo
Has been

Post by Takeo »

I was impressed both times now with Ticketmaster process - got a floor tic to the Glendale show this morning. Login 5 minutes before sale > waiting room > auto update to the shopping queue (#1700) > 5 minute wait > grabbed seat. First show though I got the "sorry you've been beaten to that seat by another fan" error about a dozen times. Quicker trigger today.