The Grudge (WARNING: 26 years to #6?)

The Main Event
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Re: The Grudge (WARNING: It Hapenned!!)

Post by Kittaan »

Not guilty. I’d go see several more Xerox copies of these shows this tour. And I can’t wait to catch ‘em all, eventually.

But, getting back to the thread at hand... has anyone noticed that these lazy motherfuckers are now more than 1488 hours without a new album?! Get off your asses and put out some new-er material!
Ki77aan :twisted:
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Kittaan wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:30 am Not guilty. I’d go see several more Xerox copies of these shows this tour. And I can’t wait to catch ‘em all, eventually.

But, getting back to the thread at hand... has anyone noticed that these lazy motherfuckers are now more than 1488 hours without a new album?! Get off your asses and put out some new-er material!
And where's the video for The Pot?

The release of the extended re-recorded Opiate?!

The video for the extended re-recorded Opiate?!!

The vinyl for 10,000 Days?!!!

The vinyl for Fear Inoculum?!!!!!

The video for Fear Inoculum?!!!!!!

These guys man...sheesh. :D
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

Has it been confirmed that the video for The Pot is the one displayed at their shows? They used it for Opiate too, but until recently it's been filtered and difficult to make out
Ahhh, Infotainment!
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon
Height: this tall

Post by ToolFanFromWayBack »

7ha7 Adi Granov image is wha7 I go7 on my shir7 for 7his 7our. wish i7 had 7he 7our da7es on i7, bu7 7he image is really cool. Of course now 7ha7 Hellboy poin7ed ou7 7he fac7 7ha7 7here are only 6 arms, i will have 7o burn i7 immedia7ely and s7ar7 7rolling in Adi's ins7agram.
Spoonman
Geacon

Post by Spoonman »

So,

-Tool release their new album as a "limited edition" for a pretty high price (especially outside the US).
-No single CD or something.
-The "Limited Edition" is sold out quickly.
-Suprise: Tool has a containership full of more "limited editions"
-Suprise: Tool announce an "Expanded book edition"
-Yet no single CD or something for the poorer fans out there.

I really love the band for their music, but I really hate them for their crappy marketing.
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Spoonman wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:39 am So,

-Tool release their new album as a "limited edition" for a pretty high price (especially outside the US).

I really love the band for their music, but I really hate them for their crappy marketing.
Poor fans listen for free on YouTube. Or Spotify. Or for a bit of money on other online services.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Spoonman wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:39 am So,

Strange indeed.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
St. Troy
My pain is just an excuse

Post by St. Troy »

Spoonman wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:09 pm "Descending" - by far the weakest song of Fear Innoculum.
Is this like a "velvet rope" type of thing? Like, the better the song that isn't good enough for you, the cooler you must be?

Or do you actually occupy some weird middle zone of musical taste, where you like what Tool does enough to listen to FI and visit this forum, but still somehow don't enjoy Descending (the purple squirrel of Tool fans)?
I ain't no pervert; I was just born curious.

I'm your friendly neighborhood peeping Tom.
St. Troy
My pain is just an excuse

Post by St. Troy »

brewdog123 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:00 ami can deal with the setlist rotation of one song (i guess) but why cant the band change the order of songs? make it a surprise on what will be the opener or what song is right before intermission or give each city a treat when transitioning (segue) to different songs from other songs that would normally not be transition from. you dont have to give me a new setlist every night, but a shuffle is an order.
A good idea.
I ain't no pervert; I was just born curious.

I'm your friendly neighborhood peeping Tom.
Spoonman
Geacon

Post by Spoonman »

St. Troy wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:08 am
Spoonman wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:09 pm "Descending" - by far the weakest song of Fear Innoculum.
Is this like a "velvet rope" type of thing? Like, the better the song that isn't good enough for you, the cooler you must be?

Or do you actually occupy some weird middle zone of musical taste, where you like what Tool does enough to listen to FI and visit this forum, but still somehow don't enjoy Descending (the purple squirrel of Tool fans)?
The truth is, I just don't like the song. I don't feel anything when listening to it and I don't enjoy it. That's it.
The rest of the album is absolutly great!

Btw. you're right, I'm supercool.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

@ Spoonman - That’s interesting. I cannot relate (amazing track), but nobody should be beating up on you for not enjoying a song. Have you given it equal time, or do you just skip it?
Ki77aan :twisted:
Szakal77
Bronco's Fan

Post by Szakal77 »

Descending is my least favourite track on the record as well. I think it's a great track, amazing live, but the studio version doesn't hit as hard. Partly because I think it's a song that is hard to capture in studio and partly because of some production choices I don't really like.
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

Descending is a very special song to me. I was at the 2015 VIP before monster mash where it was jammed for the first time, and have seen it live like 6 times now. I have watched that song grow over the past few years. Saying that, It's still not my favorite song on the album, but seeing it live it is usually the highlight of the night for me. IDK why but i connect with that Deep red pyramid they project. I was so happy when they started playing it in Indy.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

OK cool, can we get back to bitching about TooL now and not their actual songs! Descending rules and TooL merchandising boarders on the obscene.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
Spoonman
Geacon

Post by Spoonman »

Kittaan wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:31 am @ Spoonman - That’s interesting. I cannot relate (amazing track), but nobody should be beating up on you for not enjoying a song. Have you given it equal time, or do you just skip it?
When I heard the first live records of Descending and Invincible, I immediatly felt that the first one just bored me.
I listened to it over and over again and the more all of the new songs grew on me (is this the correct translation?!), I just couldnt connect to Descending.

I read your post and listened to it again and best to describe my feelings is, it feels like Tool playing "something sounding like Tool".
It's Tool, yes...but for me it's a construction of their own clishees and not a good one.

Hope it makes any sense, it's difficult to describe it in English.

Btw, this song is still better then 30% of any other stuff from any other band I know. But hey, this is Tool, right? ;-)
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

Szakal77 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:10 am Descending is my least favourite track on the record as well. I think it's a great track, amazing live, but the studio version doesn't hit as hard. Partly because I think it's a song that is hard to capture in studio and partly because of some production choices I don't really like.

It takes a few minutes to get going but it's....ok once it does.

:|
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
Specter
Pencildick

Post by Specter »

One of the tracks I favor with an O K. 💻
Dancing on the roof of some cartoon showroom
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

It belongs in the top tier list of tool songs.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

Another CD release after the CD release? Are you fucking serious? What's next? Another mega supa dupa deluxe-my-ass CD after the CD after the CD after the CD? Greedy lazy bastards. Just give me the triple vinyl version of the FI and gtfo.
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Well a lot of you did buy the Opiate rerealese in new packaging.
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

There was a fair gap between releases though. Ask me in 21 years time what I think of a FI re-issue.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Yeah but all it was the same fucking thing you already owned in a new package.

The same fucking thing.
Canned audience laughter
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

tys0n wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:51 am Well a lot of you did buy the Opiate rerealese in new packaging.
I never did. Why? Fuck it, that's why. Just another cash grab.

hellboy wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:15 am There was a fair gap between releases though. Ask me in 21 years time what I think of a FI re-issue.
A fair gap? LMAO :D
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

tys0n wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:21 am Yeah but all it was the same fucking thing you already owned in a new package.

The same fucking thing.
I guess, in the same way that if I upgrade by 2007 Camry to a 2019 model it's the "same fucking thing"
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

hellboy wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:25 am
tys0n wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:21 am Yeah but all it was the same fucking thing you already owned in a new package.

The same fucking thing.
I guess, in the same way that if I upgrade by 2007 Camry to a 2019 model it's the "same fucking thing"
So the 2019 Camry had the exact same fucking engine of the 2007?

Just a prettier chassis?
Canned audience laughter