New Album Touring (with SPOILERS!)

The Main Event
joeypants
Goderator

Re: New Album Touring (with SPOILERS!)

Post by joeypants »

Got that "you got beaten to the seat" SO many times before I actually got mine.
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

Got Austin tickets at the box office this morning while simultaneously trying to buy online. Given how much the site was crashing, box office is definitely my preferred method when possible now.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
Specter
Pencildick

Post by Specter »

joeypants wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:26 pm Got that "you got beaten to the seat" SO many times before I actually got mine.
Same. We’re floor D for NOLA.
Dancing on the roof of some cartoon showroom
sonnyboy11
Bronco's Fan

Post by sonnyboy11 »

Did well during the Glendale onsale and got 7th row on floor, just off inside aisle. San Diego onsale for the Friday show was pretty bad though, so held off (site crashing, etc).

Worth noting that my friend got front row of section CCC for the Sunday show in San Diego. Very unusual to get in the front row during the initial onsale at face value for Tool.
Takeo
Has been

Post by Takeo »

Really hoping Vicarious and/or Jambi get shelved for this next leg.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Takeo wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:27 am Really hoping Vicarious and/or Jambi get shelved for this next leg.
Jambi? Jambi?! Jambi?!! JAMBI?!!!

Now I know we're living in dark times. :D
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
sonnyboy11
Bronco's Fan

Post by sonnyboy11 »

Jambi is just as much a staple in the set now as Schism and Forty Six & 2. Not going anywhere! Of course they'll have to figure out a way to make room for Tempest at some point. I just don't see them removing any of those three to do it.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Third San Diego show added for Monday, January 13, 2020.

"Tickets are on-sale this Friday, Nov. 22 at 10 am pacific. A limited number of VIP packages, available exclusively to Tool Army members via Toolband.com, will be available this Wednesday, Nov. 20, at 10 am pacific."

In other news, I've been watching some of the "Platinum" tickets that Ticketmaster has for sale...and people are actually buying them. :shock:

Maybe it's not actually fans buying the tickets, but ticket brokers attempting to flip 'em? But man...what a racket those "Platinum" tickets are.

*And, with the announcement of this third SD show I think the aftermarket ticket prices for these tickets are going to nose dive quite a bit as the shows get closer. I hope these scalpers lose big here. Just pisses me off. :D
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
grr915
Bronco's Fan

Post by grr915 »

Got to hear Swamp Song in Philly tonight! I consider myself to be extremely lucky to have heard Swamp Song in Philly and Eulogy in Hershey 2017.
sonnyboy11
Bronco's Fan

Post by sonnyboy11 »

Along with Swamp Song in set, heard they also sound checked The Grudge. Anyone confirm?
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Hellboy will be stoked!
Listen to All Them Witches
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Would be cool if they played The Grudge for sure
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

grr915 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:52 pm Got to hear Swamp Song in Philly tonight! I consider myself to be extremely lucky to have heard Swamp Song in Philly and Eulogy in Hershey 2017.
2007 I imagine.

Heard Swamp Song in 2006 in Oberhausen. Finally I liked that song. On record it didn't do much for me but live it was great.
Funnily enough Intolerance didn't have the same impact live when I heard it earlier this year. Still a weak-isher tool song.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I'd be happy to hear any Undertow song that isn't Sober.
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

tys0n wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:20 am I'd be happy to hear any Undertow song that isn't Sober.
^ this.
Listen to All Them Witches
sonnyboy11
Bronco's Fan

Post by sonnyboy11 »

Believe junior confirming no to The Grudge soundcheck. Ah well!
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

I will guarantee you it was them doing that section of Descending that made them think it was The Grudge...
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

Damn swamp song what a treat!
St. Troy
My pain is just an excuse

Post by St. Troy »

As long as they rule out 7empest and The Grudge, all is well...
I ain't no pervert; I was just born curious.

I'm your friendly neighborhood peeping Tom.
Merkaba
Fanboi

Post by Merkaba »

First post... here goes!

Pretty stoked to see the addition of Swamp Song added to this setlist...

Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Nice first post. Looks like the dude filming SS didn’t know the song well.... but nice to see some of those closeups.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

After dwelling in it for a week and a half, as great as the VIP ticket was, as great as the VIP and venue staff were and how nice it was to meet them/talk, as nice as people I met were, as good as the seat and show was... the fact that Tool is rotating out new songs simply to play the Pot and Extended Schism and Stinkfist (greatest hits bullshit even I've heard having only seen them once 13 years ago) completely ruined the show for me. I will never be able to get over that and there's a good chance they'll never even play Descending live of they come back on non-new album tours.

Regardless of all those good things the show was completely unsatisfying. It would have been fine if the setlist was the same for everyone, but no, the night after and the night before they played the GOOD setlist list. By luck of the illogical draw, we got the sloppy seconds show. Everyone on the tour who had this setlist should be in a rage. You got ripped off.

There was absolutely no reason for them to do this. Rotating the old song slot, sure! Give people something neat to talk about, "I heard Swamp Song...", "oh yea cool, we got H." Etc... that is fun, acceptable variation. But don't fucking swap out new shit for old shit.

Sure this is a Grudge post but it's also a tour review. Tool sucks for messing it up in a way only they seem to be capable of. Dropped the ball at the 1 yard line.
Last edited by Boldizar on Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Yeah but how did the drums sound?
Canned audience laughter
Merkaba
Fanboi

Post by Merkaba »

Kittaan wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:52 pm Nice first post. Looks like the dude filming SS didn’t know the song well.... but nice to see some of those closeups.
Thanks Kittaan. I don’t suppose anyone has seen footage of Descending from this recent tour? Keen to see how it’s being presented since the last time they played it.
Merkaba
Fanboi

Post by Merkaba »

Boldizar wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:17 am After dwelling in it for a week and a half, as great as the VIP ticket was, as great as the VIP and venue staff were and how nice it was to meet them/talk, as nice as people I met were, as good as the seat and show was... the fact that Tool is rotating out new songs simply to play the Pot and Extended Schism and Stinkfist (greatest hits bullshit even I've heard having only seen them once 13 years ago) completely ruined the show for me. I will never be able to get over that and there's a good chance they'll never even play Descending live of they come back on non-new album tours.

Regardless of all those good things the show was completely unsatisfying. It would have been fine if the setlist was the same for everyone, but no, the night after and the night before they played the GOOD setlist list. By luck of the illogical draw, we got the sloppy seconds show. Everyone on the tour who had this setlist should be in a rage. You got ripped off.

There was absolutely no reason for them to do this. Rotating the old song slot, sure! Give people something neat to talk about, "I heard Swamp Song...", "oh yea cool, we got H." Etc... that is fun, acceptable variation. But don't fucking swap out new shit for old shit.

Sure this is a Grudge post but it's also a tour review. Tool sucks for messing it up in a way only they seem to be able of. Dropped the ball at the 1 yard line.
I don’t get it, people complain when they don’t change up the set list, and when they do, it’s still not good enough?!?
The setlist is structured around vocals and time. You should have gone both night, to avoid disappointment and witness more songs live!

Also, “...we got H” when did that happen?!? 😝