Star Wars Hype Train (SPOILERS - Beware!!!)

Movies, TV and other video based media
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Re: Star Wars Hype Train (SPOILERS - Beware!!!)

Post by ms2r »

We started to watch all movies again in preparation for part ix. We made it through phantom menace and attack of the clones. Now the fun starts.

I did watch mandalorion. Nice first episode. Production value is friggin high.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Mandaloiron, one 38 minute tv episode was better than the entirety of The Last Jedi.
Canned audience laughter
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

... Not the entirety. I really liked the framing of the Luke vs Kylo Ren duel. Some really excellent shots in that one.

Mandalorian. Why did we both give it an extra "o"?
Some cool guest actors in it with Herzog and Nolte.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Damn second episode even better!
Canned audience laughter
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Agreed!
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

It's making me so pissed off at the new trilogy how much wrong they got with the films, have none of them seen what inspired the first trilogy?

These are suppose to be SPACE ADVENTURES, spaghetti westerns/pulp fiction in space. (Don't confuse that remark with the film of the same name).
Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

seeing an IG droid (one of my fav droids ever) in action was awesome!

the fan service thing seemed a bit too obvious to me in the first episode. too many things exactly lilke the OT. i liked how they mentioned ''the tribe'' when buddy was talking to the Mando chick. thats daves fiolinis work from the clone wars,that was cool. Dave Fiolini is the best thing thats happened to SW since he started the Clone Wars cartoon in 2008. Bring more of his ideas like that into the movies/tv shows. a lot of people feel that way.
Last edited by bob on Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Bob how was Tool?
Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

tys0n wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:01 am Bob how was Tool?
tool was good dude! tired of the same old songs but performance wise they were nailing it..the new stuff was great to hear plus Jambi was really good.
Last edited by bob on Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Dude can you post your review in the correct thread you absolute mad bastard?

The only reason I asked is I hadn't seen you post since the show and was worried Steve had fed you some lsd cookies or weed needles.
Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

no one writes reviews of shows that i can see,dont really want to anyway. i was just talking to ya cause you asked. thats how i operate it seems. bhaha. i know, its the SW thread but i just went with it.

so what australia show(s) are you going to ? what thread should i stick that in ? ha
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

https://fourtheye.net/f/viewtopic.php?f ... 4&start=50

I'll post it there for you bob since you seemed to have succumbed to Steve's wishes and are discombobulated since the show on hard drugs.

Agrehhhh you edited your post and it was a great review, wtf!
Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

haha. well ur fn with it so i moved it on over to the random thread. reviews are ghey anyway. i was just talking to you.
Last edited by bob on Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

OK Bob, lets get back to Star Wars, if you thought the first episode was fan service wait to the second, Jawa's!
Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

im cool with fan service to a certain degree but it seemed like a bit much just stuck in cause ''this is what people like about SW'' but im all down with it if its done in a better way. Jawas are cool. the red eyes right? just like the figure they put out..off world jawas. will watch it later today.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

All caught up on mandalorion now, it's up there with rogue one as the best modern day star wars for me. It's far from perfect and is still establishing what it wants to be but each episode is getting better and can see it maturing into a pretty awesome show. I'm loving the new adventure each episode it's going on at the moment.

I mean they're all connected to a bigger story but there's some old timey about it likes a Sunday special each time.
Listen to All Them Witches
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

4 episodes in, and while I don't dislike it, it doesn't really feel like it's building to anything either. Just a road trip with a baby yoda
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

hellboy wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:38 pm Just a road trip with a baby yoda
Ha! And who wouldn't want to go on one of those?
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

liz wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:58 pm
hellboy wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:38 pm Just a road trip with a baby yoda
Ha! And who wouldn't want to go on one of those?
It's fun and all, and the show certainly has some cool set pieces. There's not much in the way of a story though.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Yeah I know what ya mean but I think that while it is building up to something; ie, Carl weather's survived, what exactly is the empire trying to do with baby yoda, the mandalorion religion background, I also think that's the point. Kinda like a story of the week feel which I'm all for.

Is sorta like an old kung foo or western show where it's a new adventure each week of the protagonist, while still leading up to something bigger at the end no doubt.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Busty McCracken wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:43 pm Is sorta like an old kung foo or western show where it's a new adventure each week of the protagonist, while still leading up to something bigger at the end no doubt.
Yeah, I think that's what they're trying to achieve. I just think I'd prefer a little more story focused show, rather than just character building and fan service
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

If it keeps along that theme, ill be happy as long as the characters continue to build.

Even though the episodes are a little Sunday special like,
Keep in mind we are say 2 hours into a 5 hour piece and the first season of anything is usually a bit clunky as the show works out what it wants to be. So far the story has been left open to explore plenty of storylines too for the future.

Mandalorians have been underground hiding and have taken the first steps to rising again.

In the process they've completely pissed the guild off who are still in relations with the remnants of the empire, which going off the trailer for episode 9, Palpatine still is around.

Mando has started feeling emotions for the first time in his adult life towards baby yoda & the farmer woman.

There's a god damn baby fucking yoda and the empire is im assuming trying to extract it's powers.

Mando has made an ally with an ex rebel.

Plenty of future options that I'm sure will be explored and as the show starts to probably become more formalised.

Tl;dr: I'm on the internet discussing star wars and now beginning to reevaluate my life choices as a result
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Episode four was crap. First three were a lot better. Foremost I blame Bryce as a director. She can better keep running away from Dino's on high heels.
The whole at-st thing in the dark could've been executed so much better. The artwork at the end was excellent though.

The story is somewhat on the padding line. All could fall apart easily.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Latest episode is pretty damn meh and kinda pointless. Go in with low expectations.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

they all arent going to be amazing. fn sw fans! haha. still, this show and Rogue One are the best things Disney has done if we want to go by that. Dave Filoni is one of the best SW writers since he began the clone wars cartoon with George Lucas back in 08. hes known to take his time telling stories sometimes and Chapter 5 was written and directed by him. its part of the deal with him sometimes but i still think this shows going to hold up more then say ooh the Sequal Trilogy.

TROS is almost here. you can complain then! ;)