Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
Wychowski
of Arimathea

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Wychowski »

Can you provide evidence to authenticate that it is indeed, 'official'?
...I'm quite particular about verifying my sources!
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Wychowski wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:40 pm Jr... During which tour/era did you commence doing what you do, if I may?
Here's a link to an interview with Junior in the TOOL Newsletter from September 2012.

TOOL Newsletter September 2012, E.V.

It's a great read.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

Junior, if possible, please encourage the band to start playing 7empest somewhere in their sets on this early part of the tour. That would be awesome! Thanks :)
Specter
Pencildick

Post by Specter »

Wychowski wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:27 pm Can you provide evidence to authenticate that it is indeed, 'official'?
...I'm quite particular about verifying my sources!
I’ll provide you a blanky, Dean Prichard.
Dancing on the roof of some cartoon showroom
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

mattw wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:14 pm Junior, if possible, please encourage the band to start playing 7empest somewhere in their sets on this early part of the tour. That would be awesome! Thanks :)
That’s that really long one after the drum thingy on the album, right?
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

that one isnt on my copy! ha
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

junior wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:59 am
mattw wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:14 pm Junior, if possible, please encourage the band to start playing 7empest somewhere in their sets on this early part of the tour. That would be awesome! Thanks :)
Two options to consider:

1. Start the live show with 7empest and you'll blow everyone away (pun intended). Some of the best TOOL shows I've seen, specifically with regard to energising the crowd and setting the mood or 'tone' for the evening, have been when the band has opened with Third Eye. After an epic first song people go "Holy shit!" and the rest of the show flows from there.

2. Play Invincible earlier in the set and do Chocolate Trip Chip into 7empest after the intermission. You can then close the show with Stinkfist as per usual and everyone walking out will go "Holy Shit!" with regard to the final 25 to 30 mins.

Again though, every live show I've seen with Third Eye somewhere in the set has been fantastic so I'm sure 7empest would work in the same way here. :)
Spoonman
Geacon

Post by Spoonman »

Hey Junior,

I'm just curious, do you play any instruments?
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

mattw wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:42 pm
junior wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:59 am
Two options to consider:

1. Start the live show with 7empest and you'll blow everyone away (pun intended). Some of the best TOOL shows I've seen, specifically with regard to energising the crowd and setting the mood or 'tone' for the evening, have been when the band has opened with Third Eye. After an epic first song people go "Holy shit!" and the rest of the show flows from there.

2. Play Invincible earlier in the set and do Chocolate Trip Chip into 7empest after the intermission. You can then close the show with Stinkfist as per usual and everyone walking out will go "Holy Shit!" with regard to the final 25 to 30 mins.

Again though, every live show I've seen with Third Eye somewhere in the set has been fantastic so I'm sure 7empest would work in the same way here. :)
This man doesn't speak for all of us
Listen to All Them Witches
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

hopefully you Aussies get it if M is done being a diva or whatever. i get the impression the 2nd leg of the NA tour will get it. will the 3rd edition of FI be out by then ? haha
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

^so Busty, you DON'T want to see 7empest played live?
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

I am cautiously optimistic. It’s also the reason I’m hitting 2 more shows in January. On the other hand, I won’t be too disappointed if it doesn’t happen. Even if it’s essentially the same set from October. They are that good.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

mattw wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:36 pm ^so Busty, you DON'T want to see 7empest played live?
Would love to see it live but not if it means I don't see FI,,Pneuma, Invincible Or descending. Would rather those 4 over 7empest is all.
264zn
Phony

Post by 264zn »

Busty McCracken wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:35 pm
mattw wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:36 pm ^so Busty, you DON'T want to see 7empest played live?
Would love to see it live but not if it means I don't see FI,,Pneuma, Invincible Or descending. Would rather those 4 over 7empest is all.
...this man doesn't speak for all of us
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

264zn wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:31 pm
Haha
Specter
Pencildick

Post by Specter »

264zn wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:31 pm
He speaks for two of us and them.

I hope they play ‘Riverchrist’ when I hear them 02/01/20
Specter
Pencildick

Post by Specter »

Kittaan wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:58 pm I am cautiously optimistic. It’s also the reason I’m hitting 2 more shows in January. On the other hand, I won’t be too disappointed if it doesn’t happen. Even if it’s essentially the same set from October. They are that good.
They’ll play 7empest/Tempest.
They are that good that they can.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Specter wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:23 pm
Kittaan wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:58 pm I am cautiously optimistic. It’s also the reason I’m hitting 2 more shows in January. On the other hand, I won’t be too disappointed if it doesn’t happen. Even if it’s essentially the same set from October. They are that good.
They’ll play 7empest/Tempest.
They are that good that they can.
i dont think thats the problem. apparently Danny said they are all ready to play it except for M which is very believable. dont shoot the messenger! ha. someone on FB said this as if they spoke with Danny. who knows but it sounds right to me.
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

According to my source it’s Adam. He keeps fucking up in rehearsals
SteveBobSteve
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

If they're going to throw in Tempest, I'd prefer they cut Vicarious and the "old song" slot to make room. Don't cut any other FI tracks.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

snazzlefrass wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:38 am According to my source it’s Adam. He keeps fucking up in rehearsals
DELI LIFE! steve line..for real!
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

joeypants wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:05 pm If they're going to throw in Tempest, I'd prefer they cut Vicarious and the "old song" slot to make room. Don't cut any other FI tracks.
This.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Busty McCracken wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:46 pm
joeypants wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:05 pm If they're going to throw in Tempest, I'd prefer they cut Vicarious and the "old song" slot to make room. Don't cut any other FI tracks.
This.
Fo sho. Thirdeyed.
Ki77aan :twisted:
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon
Height: this tall

Post by ToolFanFromWayBack »

Kittaan wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:56 pm
Busty McCracken wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:46 pm
This.
Fo sho. Thirdeyed.
I remember the tour they kicked off the concerts with Third Eye. Good times... Good times.
walter
Bronco's Fan

Post by walter »

unpopular opinion here, it seems, but i have no interest in them playing 7empest live. i absolutely love the song, but for sure adam gonna fuck that shit up in a few places. gets too intricate there. he's an amazing artist and the heart of the band. there is no doubt about that. he is the perfection that ends up making its way to our ears. however, he's only a good guitar player, not great. i honestly don't think he can reliably play this day in and day out.

seen them live many, many times and rare is a show (at least pre-FI, only saw two since) when he doesn't fuck something up. notoriously on lateralus, but also on jambi solos often, etc.

why take up 15 minutes with something they'll barely get through, when we can get (almost) two other songs during that time?