Tool North American Winter Tour 2020 (With Author & Punisher)

Discuss Tool live shows both past and future
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Re: Tool North American Winter Tour 2020 (With Author & Punisher)

Post by Kittaan »

Glad to hear it Norm.
Ki77aan :twisted:
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Interesting writeup regarding the first SD show + VIP. Disappointing to hear about "the prick" as reported by a couple of fans on Reddit now:

First few hours were spent getting to know the people around me in line. Fortunately, there was a bathroom available right across from the arena, in one of the school's gyms. That was a nice bonus. At around 2, "the new guy" came out and started basically mocking the fans who'd lined up in the front of line. He was all smug and smarmy about how those in front weren't going to get the best seats. I kind of figured at this point that he was just on a power trip and trying to amuse himself, but a few others in the line really got into it with the guy. He seemed to get off on arguing with the fans whose ticket purchases pay his salary...from now on, we'll call this guy wearing a Red Wings hat "the prick," 'cause that's what he is. The prick also promised us that this VIP experience would be a lot better than the fall tour. He was mum as to what exactly would make it better. He was just full of shit.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Apparent photo of said prick

Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

a lot of whiners about posters/vip experiances on some of the FB groups that encourage reselling etc etc. dont give a f about this dudes write up. he/she sounds like one of the people that are right into those groups. rant xd!
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

Four Northwestern U.S. tour dates have been added for this March with tickets on-sale this Friday, Jan. 24, at 10 am local time. A limited number of VIP packages will be available exclusively to TOOL Army members via Toolband.com/vip-package on Wednesday, Jan. 22, at 10 am local time.

Mar 9 - Spokane, WA - Spokane Arena
https://ticketswestinw.evenue.net/cgi-b ... kID=twcorp

Mar 11 - Portland, OR - Moda Center
https://www1.ticketmaster.com/event/0F005830DE15496F

Mar 12 - Eugene, OR - Matthew Knight Center
https://www1.ticketmaster.com/event/0F005832B36522D8

Mar 14 - Boise, ID - Ford Idaho Center Arena
https://ictickets.evenue.net/cgi-bin/nc ... =&appCode=
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon
Height: this tall

Post by ToolFanFromWayBack »

Man, I am glad I got VIP tickets on the previous tours. Sucks that Adam is no longer doing the Q&A stuff, it was a really good time. Although I did get f'd on tickets at one. Got row 1 seat 1 - turned out to be to on the far right of Justin's side. I had a good view of his bass tech's work area, the concert, not so much.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:09 pm Man, I am glad I got VIP tickets on the previous tours. Sucks that Adam is no longer doing the Q&A stuff, it was a really good time. Although I did get f'd on tickets at one. Got row 1 seat 1 - turned out to be to on the far right of Justin's side. I had a good view of his bass tech's work area, the concert, not so much.
People make quite a big deal of being front row sometimes. I can see the appeal of being closer to the front, than in the nosebleeds, that's for sure, but I think there's a lot to be said for being a few rows back. The danger as I see it of being to close is just that - your field of view can be limited to what's directly in front.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

I know the shorties love the front row for that reason which is valid. But then I remember how they always got all hoity toity when people were pushing into em.

It's like, cunt. You stood at the front of a crowd with a thousand plus people behind you. What exactly did you expect.
Listen to All Them Witches
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon
Height: this tall

Post by ToolFanFromWayBack »

I am a shorty in terms of height (5'7" 170.18cm shorties always include the fraction) so if I am on the floor its gotta be close or I am likely staring at the back of some persons head. The seat I had in Austin was good sound wise and view wise. i was on Justin's side lower bowl a few rows back from the floor. basically I was on the same level as the stage. stage show was really good - kudos junior and team!
hellboy wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:41 pm
ToolFanFromWayBack wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:09 pm Man, I am glad I got VIP tickets on the previous tours. Sucks that Adam is no longer doing the Q&A stuff, it was a really good time. Although I did get f'd on tickets at one. Got row 1 seat 1 - turned out to be to on the far right of Justin's side. I had a good view of his bass tech's work area, the concert, not so much.
People make quite a big deal of being front row sometimes. I can see the appeal of being closer to the front, than in the nosebleeds, that's for sure, but I think there's a lot to be said for being a few rows back. The danger as I see it of being to close is just that - your field of view can be limited to what's directly in front.
The 2012 fish poster tour VIP made up for it. 3 rows back right in front of Adam. I could read the numbers on the dials of his guitar - all set to 11...
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Junior - Maybe you can convince the guys to hit LA one more time on their way back after SLC. Celebrate that Grammy win in style! :D
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.