New Album Touring (with SPOILERS!)

The Main Event
Shed523
Geacon

Re: New Album Touring (with SPOILERS!)

Post by Shed523 »

Shed523 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:41 pm Checking every day to see if they posted any new dates in New England. They have some space to fill between March 16 and June 12. :shock:
Hahahahahaha?! They sure did fill that space but I guess NEW ENGLAND didn’t make the cut lol. :(
FUCK ME. It’s only 6 States!
Trying to convince the wife to head to PA for the Wilkes-Barre show.
There’s still some time in May so.....
All well Whatever, Nevermind
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

`

Special guest - Blonde Redhead

Professor of Lesbian Science
rinkwhopper
Has been

Post by rinkwhopper »

That is awesome and I can’t believe it. I have loved Blonde Redhead about as long as Tool. Unfortunately I highly doubt I will try to see them again when they’re back in NC.
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

Post by Bobby Bottleservice »

God Damnit! You guys (Aussies) got 7empest! I'm jealous and happy for you guys at the same time! Anyone on this forum going to see them in Salt lake City? I've seen them 3 times since FI has come out and I have not been able to see Decsending or 7empest. I'm thinking of going and at the same time i am spending too much money during these tours.
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

^^^ Bobby!!! I will be at the SLC show and it is my birthday. Flying out from San Diego to visit family and friends, but it’s really just to see Tool for the 4th time since FI came out, lol. Was lucky to see Descending in SD in Jan and it was amazing. Wish they would drop any old song they are currently playing to include Descending and 7emptest in the same show. It’s the FI tour right??? Let’s get all the songs on the album in one night.

I have been stalking the site and not joining in the convo, but love y’all and stoked Aussie members got some epic shows.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Chiiiiilllll! Glad you’re hitting another show. That will be a killer BDay. They are playing SF 2 days after mine.

It was great meeting you bud. Let’s do it again one of these days.
Ki77aan :twisted:
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:11 pm God Damnit! You guys (Aussies) got 7empest! I'm jealous and happy for you guys at the same time! Anyone on this forum going to see them in Salt lake City? I've seen them 3 times since FI has come out and I have not been able to see Decsending or 7empest. I'm thinking of going and at the same time i am spending too much money during these tours.
My philosophy is that we should try to see the band play as many times as we can on this tour given the extremely long gaps between albums and new material. After the FI tour finishes, we might not see many TOOL shows or tours for a while. Maybe a few festival shows every now and then plus a few of their own shows either side of such gigs etc. So my advice would be, if you can afford it, to binge these TOOL shows as much as possible right now. The more gigs you can attend the merrier...

And, yes, us Aussies here did get a special treat with their most recent shows. 14 songs and over 2 hours one night in Sydney, followed by 13 songs and another 2+ hours the next night? It was fantastic... and we also got the live debut of 7empest :)
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Also the band are in high fucking spirits, in all the shows I seen these were the best.
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

tys0n wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:44 am Also the band are in high fucking spirits, in all the shows I seen these were the best.
Better than 02?? The years lapsed have possibly clouded your judgement. They were in good spirits, tight and the production was incredible but 02 was up there as their as their peak. No comparison for mine.
Listen to All Them Witches
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Certainly the best since 02 - no doubt about that for me.
GabesCaves
My pain is just an excuse

Post by GabesCaves »

Not much new, but includes a few words from Junior

https://metalinjection.net/news/tools-t ... heir-lives
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

hellboy wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:56 am Certainly the best since 02 - no doubt about that for me.
Echoing this as well. Do not miss this go around. Absolutely incredible.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

GabesCaves wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:37 am Not much new, but includes a few words from Junior

The full article was linked somewhere earlier, so be sure to click that link within this one. Really good stuff in there.
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Busty McCracken wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:12 am
tys0n wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:44 am Also the band are in high fucking spirits, in all the shows I seen these were the best.
Better than 02?? The years lapsed have possibly clouded your judgement. They were in good spirits, tight and the production was incredible but 02 was up there as their as their peak. No comparison for mine.
The show I saw in 2006 was better then the 2002 one.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

its subjective depending on your seats,mood etc etc but stand out shows for me are 98 in Burgettsown,PA. that was one of the best tool shows ive ever seen. 2012 in toronto is right up there as well.

2002 was kinda boring/going thru the motions. Ms voice was straining (the start of his vocal issues)

The 2001 tour stands out in ways cause it was the last of the raw power vibe they had imo. they also improvised with the interludes in 01. after that they always did the same thing and it got boring.

other good ones too but thats what comes to mind first and formost.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Busty McCracken wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:12 am
Well 2001 show was better than 2002 so yes?

Canberra was a terrible place to see them, should have went to the Wollongong show where they played h.
Canned audience laughter
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

The 01’ shows were magical and my first so... yet I found the 02’ show unreal as well, plus we got Meshuggah! Then 06’ was great, followed by a few “down years” then those 12’ shows with HWAP and Ticks were killer! I would also agree this FI go round some of the best shows in general I’ve ever seen!
All well Whatever, Nevermind
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

yeah I'd agree these were the best I've seen since 02 & 01 but they still owned this tour for mine. Obviously the production wasn't close to where it is now but just the delivery of the songs when they were at that age to now is incomparable to me. Lateralus tour was next level incredible for me.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

2001 and 2002 were close enough that it's hard to split. The main difference for me is 2002 had much better seats. Maynard was starting to sound strained by then, I agree, however it was barely noticeable. The 2002 gig I saw is still my favorite Tool show
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

^ mine too.
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

the chill wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:57 pm ^^^ Bobby!!! I will be at the SLC show and it is my birthday. Flying out from San Diego to visit family and friends, but it’s really just to see Tool for the 4th time since FI came out, lol. Was lucky to see Descending in SD in Jan and it was amazing. Wish they would drop any old song they are currently playing to include Descending and 7emptest in the same show. It’s the FI tour right??? Let’s get all the songs on the album in one night.

I have been stalking the site and not joining in the convo, but love y’all and stoked Aussie members got some epic shows.
Awesome CHILL! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! It is the Fi tour and they should be playing the entire Fi CD (Cd, funny right? who still listens to CDs.. I do Best sound quality! besides FLAC). Chill, if I do decide to go to the SLC show - we should hook up. At this point, since they announced a Colorado show, I'm not sure which one to go to. I would like to go to both, but trying to be realistic.
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

mattw wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:19 am
Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:11 pm God Damnit! You guys (Aussies) got 7empest! I'm jealous and happy for you guys at the same time! Anyone on this forum going to see them in Salt lake City? I've seen them 3 times since FI has come out and I have not been able to see Decsending or 7empest. I'm thinking of going and at the same time i am spending too much money during these tours.
My philosophy is that we should try to see the band play as many times as we can on this tour given the extremely long gaps between albums and new material. After the FI tour finishes, we might not see many TOOL shows or tours for a while. Maybe a few festival shows every now and then plus a few of their own shows either side of such gigs etc. So my advice would be, if you can afford it, to binge these TOOL shows as much as possible right now. The more gigs you can attend the merrier...

And, yes, us Aussies here did get a special treat with their most recent shows. 14 songs and over 2 hours one night in Sydney, followed by 13 songs and another 2+ hours the next night? It was fantastic... and we also got the live debut of 7empest :)
I agree. I'm going to try and see them as much as I can this year. I'm doing my taxes tomorrow, so that will depend on if I can travel to see them again this year.
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

joeypants wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:40 am
GabesCaves wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:37 am Not much new, but includes a few words from Junior

The full article was linked somewhere earlier, so be sure to click that link within this one. Really good stuff in there.
The metal injection “article” is just some out of context cutting and pasting to get hits. They didn’t do the interview.

The original article, by the original writer:
https://plsn.com/articles/production-pr ... ulum-tour/
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

They sure are in high spirits! This band is on fire right now. I totally agree that during 10 thousand days, some enthusiasm seemed to be missing.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:13 pm
They sure are in high spirits! This band is on fire right now. I totally agree that during 10 thousand days, some enthusiasm seemed to be missing.
You'd think someone had died or something, sheesh
Canned audience laughter