New Album Touring (with SPOILERS!)

The Main Event
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

Re: New Album Touring (with SPOILERS!)

Post by Bobby Bottleservice »

limeygringo wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:49 pm
Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:17 pm
limeygringo wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:28 am Colorado is definitely a shitshow though, much smaller venue. Think I was luckier than most.
Limeygringo, it was a disaster. I passed on floor seats and the only thing that was available were nose bleed seats. I kept my patience and I got excellent fucking seats!
Then you're luckier than me! I just settled for nosebleeds cause it's a small venue, I've seen them up close and I just wanted to get tickets before they all got snagged. Not sure if it's totally sold out yet, but it probably will before others if not already.
do you live in Colorado or are you traveling to this show?
Specter
Pencildick

Post by Specter »

Since the Random Thoughts thread has been closed and uneventful, I thought I may type a random thought.:
Did zim and mog exit around the same time?
Dancing on the roof of some cartoon showroom
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Specter wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:37 pm Since the Random Thoughts thread has been closed and uneventful, I thought I may type a random thought.:
Mog is alive and well in discord.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
LOOT
Maynard Believer

Post by LOOT »

Anyone else notice that the last show in Aukland NZ had the old stage set up? Maynard back on the riser next to Danny instead of the 2 risers on either side. Wonder why.
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:44 pm
Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:17 pm

Limeygringo, it was a disaster. I passed on floor seats and the only thing that was available were nose bleed seats. I kept my patience and I got excellent fucking seats!
Then you're luckier than me! I just settled for nosebleeds cause it's a small venue, I've seen them up close and I just wanted to get tickets before they all got snagged. Not sure if it's totally sold out yet, but it probably will before others if not already.
I'm in Texas, traveling to OKC and Colorado. Got family in Denver, gonna see the band with them for the first time. It's funny cause my first show was 2001 at Red Rocks with King Crimson, so it's come full circle.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

LOOT wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:31 am Anyone else notice that the last show in Aukland NZ had the old stage set up? Maynard back on the riser next to Danny instead of the 2 risers on either side. Wonder why.
Shipping logistics. That old set of risers got sent to NZ in the first week of January, around the same time that the duplicate new set got sent to Australia.
The new set was too heavy/large to ship from Melbourne to Auckland in 4 days.
LOOT
Maynard Believer

Post by LOOT »

Thanks Junior!
GabesCaves
My pain is just an excuse

Post by GabesCaves »

junior wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:08 pm
joeypants wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:40 am
GabesCaves wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:37 am Not much new, but includes a few words from Junior

https://metalinjection.net/news/tools-t ... heir-lives
The full article was linked somewhere earlier, so be sure to click that link within this one. Really good stuff in there.
The metal injection “article” is just some out of context cutting and pasting to get hits. They didn’t do the interview.

The original article, by the original writer:
https://plsn.com/articles/production-pr ... ulum-tour/

Thanks for posting again J, great read. I never knew for sure about the connection with Howard, I just sensed it based on the presentationtge last few tours. The stage presentation this tour is incredible. Cant wait for tempest!
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
Merkaba
Fanboi

Post by Merkaba »

Spotted this on YT today, pretty decent audio recording from the 2nd night in Auckland, with the switched up setlist. Nice to see them playing the extended versions of Schism and Stink again, missed those versions during the AU shows.

EDIT: After having a full listen back to this, I love the vocal flourishes in 7empest, right in the middle during the 8 bars build up of “a tempest must be just that”, the last one is done with more conviction, I just wish it was recorded that way!

Also the last verse, I really like how they all pause before it kicks off, adds so much more to the big climactic finish!

Right at the end Maynard actually says they might return next year, being 2021. Not sure if he means Tool or Puscifer for the new album promo? Promising either way!
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

limeygringo wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:50 am

I'm in Texas, traveling to OKC and Colorado. Got family in Denver, gonna see the band with them for the first time. It's funny cause my first show was 2001 at Red Rocks with King Crimson, so it's come full circle.
Dude, I was able to see them at the Wiltern theatre in 01 with King Crimson, so we saw the same tour. (God damn amazing show). I have always wanted to see them at Redrock (probably will never happen). Anyways, have a great time seeing them with your family!
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

There are several pretty good seats left at Salt Lake City. Why? I don't know. I also think it's a weird place for tool to have a show. It is a mormon community, but that is all I know about Utah. (I don't understand any religion personlly mormons included)
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

It's spelled morons.
Canned audience laughter
Specter
Pencildick

Post by Specter »

And you misspelled personlly.
42&6
Dancing on the roof of some cartoon showroom
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:38 pm

Dude, I was able to see them at the Wiltern theatre in 01 with King Crimson, so we saw the same tour. (God damn amazing show). I have always wanted to see them at Redrock (probably will never happen). Anyways, have a great time seeing them with your family!
I saw that tour with KC in Berkeley. Awe inspiring. I wish I could go back in time and experience the power of that again.

I also have the dream of seeing Tool at RR. Hope to make it happen soon. See you there.
Ki77aan :twisted:
rgardjr

Post by rgardjr »

Spokane setlist for March 09, 2000 show
Fear Inoculum
Aenema
7emptest
Pneuma
Schism
Jambi
Descending
Forty Six & 2
Chocolate Chip Trip
Invincible
Stinkfist
This was my 13th time seeing Tool live. The new songs live are pretty epic. We sat on Adam's side of the stage so missed out on the full frontal visual experience. Had a great view of the stage and felt closer than floor seats that I've had in the past because of being slightly higher than the stage. I was surprised at how good the sound was from this location as well. This is the fourth time I've seen them in the Spokane Arena and in the past I've been underwhelmed at times with the sound. My one small complaint with the setlist was Aenema. It just felt out of place to me as the second song and would have preferred another song off of Lateralus instead, but there were plenty of people there last night that loved it. Danny is just absolutely mind blowing. I spent most of the show watching him and the guy is amazing. Final observation has to do with the new songs and large stretches without vocals. There were a couple of times where Adam and Justin moved to the front of Danny's riser and felt like they were just jamming with each other. Obviously the three of them spent years doing just this in the writing of the new material. Not a good or bad thing-just a different feel/vibe for these periods. It was awesome to hear the new material live. Looking forward to seeing these guys play the Gorge Amphitheater some time in the future.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Glad you got 7empest. What was the vibe like in the arena? Masks everywhere? Weird fucking times.
Ki77aan :twisted:
rgardjr

Post by rgardjr »

Kittaan wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:39 pm Glad you got 7empest. What was the vibe like in the arena? Masks everywhere? Weird fucking times.
I only saw one person with a mask. They were standing in the front row and had and old WWI era gas mask. It was more for the aesthetic and to generate laughs than any kind of protection. Numerous tours were postponed today so I'm sure it's only a matter of time before Tool will have to follow suite. We're probably only days away from a temporary ban on large events over here. Now I just have to figure out what color mats to go with when I frame the poster-these foil posters are cool to look at but I'm having a tough time coming up with a color besides red ...
Attachments
Tool Spokane 030920 (Medium).JPG
Tool Spokane 030920 (Medium).JPG (213.13 KiB) Viewed 16216 times
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon
Height: this tall

Post by ToolFanFromWayBack »

Nice to see some new poster work. Isn't Emek up in that area? I would love it if Tool re-visited their relationship with him. He gave them some epic posters...
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

tys0n wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:03 pm It's spelled morons.

haha, maybe Tyson. I just do not want to piss any mormons off if they are Tool fans. Most likely there are no mormon fans. That is why I do not understand why they are playing Utah. Very confusing. Maybe the entire state is not morons. I may get some negative responses from mormons right now. Are Tyson, Hellboy, and Busty part of the mormon community is Australia? If so, bless you Australian mormon community!
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

Kittaan wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:49 pm
Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:38 pm

I saw that tour with KC in Berkeley. Awe inspiring. I wish I could go back in time and experience the power of that again.

I also have the dream of seeing Tool at RR. Hope to make it happen soon. See you there.
Yes Kittan, It was such a different show than I anything I had witnessed from their 90s shows. It was darker, and with the new Lateralus music - it was kind of amazing. I was at the 1st show at Wiltern, but didn't see the next show. I think they played H during the 2nd show which is one of the songs I have never been able to see and Love this song. Maybe someday.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

rgardjr wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:16 pm
I only saw one person with a mask.

I was wearing a mask.

:|
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
rgardjr

Post by rgardjr »

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:59 pm Nice to see some new poster work. Isn't Emek up in that area? I would love it if Tool re-visited their relationship with him. He gave them some epic posters...
Last time I corresponded with Emek he was in the Portland, OR area-about a 6 hour drive for me. I'm a little surprised that Adam hasn't used any of the long time poster artists for any of their posters. I think there have been some fantastic posters recently, but it does feel like some of the guys that were instrumental in cultivating the poster scene are getting snubbed. I may be taking this a little too personally since I've been collecting posters for a long time. I still have the original artwork for Emek's first Tool poster. I know I'm pretty biased but this is still my favorite Tool poster ever.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Specter wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:37 pm Since the Random Thoughts thread has been closed and uneventful, I thought I may type a random thought.:
Im still here... just turned into more of a lurker lately. Life shit starts happening, and priorities get dialed in. I think i will start having more time to dedicate to you fucks here soon tho. I will return. :lol: