Height: this tall

Re: New Album Touring (with SPOILERS!)

Post by ToolFanFromWayBack »

Calfium Jay wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:18 pm
rgardjr wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:16 pm
I only saw one person with a mask.

I was wearing a mask.

:|
I don't think a bondage mask and ball gag are what they were referring to...
thekillingjoke
Fanboi

Post by thekillingjoke »

Interesting bit in a diary entry by King Crimson's manager:

"Last September, we had everything in place for this year. Tool had invited King Crimson to tour with them as a double header in the US in June and July. We met with their manager in LA and everything was settled. Until they unfortunately cancelled just before Christmas."

https://www.facebook.com/notes/king-cri ... 0627732519

I can't really imagine how this would have worked. Tools and KCs touring concepts seem like polar opposites, from venue choice/audience size to stage production (King Crimson's shows are almost more classical concerts than rock shows, mostly in smaller/mid sized theate style venues, no light show to speak of, etc.).
Merkaba
Fanboi

Post by Merkaba »

thekillingjoke wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:26 pm Interesting bit in a diary entry by King Crimson's manager:

"Last September, we had everything in place for this year. Tool had invited King Crimson to tour with them as a double header in the US in June and July. We met with their manager in LA and everything was settled. Until they unfortunately cancelled just before Christmas."

https://www.facebook.com/notes/king-cri ... 0627732519

I can't really imagine how this would have worked. Tools and KCs touring concepts seem like polar opposites, from venue choice/audience size to stage production (King Crimson's shows are almost more classical concerts than rock shows, mostly in smaller/mid sized theate style venues, no light show to speak of, etc.).
Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t KC and Tool tour together back in 2001-2002 during the Lateralus days? And they would have been arena venues.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Nope, smaller venues mostly. And that iteration of KC was considerably different from the last few touring bands.
Ki77aan :twisted:
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I believe Danny's partner is due to give birth around April/May, so I imagine this is the reason why touring is light on for the following months (not to mention Maynard's wine commitments a little later in the year). I think any interpretation there's some kind of bad blood are likely unfounded.

I'm also curious as to how a KC show in it's current guise would work on the Tool stage in the large arena's they are currently playing. A logistical challenge no doubt
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

Hey Junior! I know you are very busy with this mini tour, but I am going to the SLC show, flying from San Diego, and wondering what the band is thinking about the coronavirus stuff. Glad they played Portland tonight and hope they continue till the 16th selfishly since it’s my birthday.
purplepanther777
Bronco's Fan

Post by purplepanther777 »

The Portland show was excellent. Tempest was damn near flawless. Incredible. It has honestly been my least favorite track on the album but seeing it live was fucking awesome. Descending was a bit rough through the first half but came together nicely once it picked up. I can't stop thinking it's just crazy how good they sound considering their age. Also as many have noted MJK sounds better than he has in many many years. It's not just auto-tune stuff... he seems to have more control over his voice and is more engaged with the music and coming from the heart more. Visuals were of course very similar to those from last fall but with some variation as well. I love the new direction they are going and it's just been amazing to watch the transition into the FI era shows. I've gotta say the surround sound thing is really cool as well. But mostly it was just so fuckin cool to hear nearly every song on FI ! I have a front row seat for tomorrow's show in Eugene, so hopefully the silly virus panic doesn't cause them to cancel it.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Eugene's show appears to be cancelled due to Oregon's recent mandate against crowds of over 250 people.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

Fuck your coronas
And fuck all your viruses

Learn to swim
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

purplepanther777 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:32 am The Portland show was excellent. Tempest was damn near flawless. Incredible. It has honestly been my least favorite track on the album but seeing it live was fucking awesome. Descending was a bit rough through the first half but came together nicely once it picked up. I can't stop thinking it's just crazy how good they sound considering their age. Also as many have noted MJK sounds better than he has in many many years. It's not just auto-tune stuff... he seems to have more control over his voice and is more engaged with the music and coming from the heart more. Visuals were of course very similar to those from last fall but with some variation as well. I love the new direction they are going and it's just been amazing to watch the transition into the FI era shows. I've gotta say the surround sound thing is really cool as well. But mostly it was just so fuckin cool to hear nearly every song on FI ! I have a front row seat for tomorrow's show in Eugene, so hopefully the silly virus panic doesn't cause them to cancel it.
So awesome that you got to catch the Portland show, and got to hear both Descending and 7empest. Bummer about the Eugene show though.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

Eugene not cancelled but postponed, which is good.

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I think Tool will play all of the cities they are forced to cancel in the next month or so. Might just have to wait until later in the year
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

I feel sick.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
purplepanther777
Bronco's Fan

Post by purplepanther777 »

well shit
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

Post by Bobby Bottleservice »

Calfium Jay wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:18 pm I feel sick.
HAHA! I get it. I mean OH NO! Maybe you should get tested!
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

hellboy wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:42 pm I think Tool will play all of the cities they are forced to cancel in the next month or so. Might just have to wait until later in the year
Yeah, luckily I did not buy tix for Salt Lake City. Most likely, this one will be postponed as well. I would have to deal with canceling flights and hotel rooms. I did get Colorado Springs tickets in June. Hopefully everything is back to normal by then. Who is the jerk that attended a tool show on your side of the world that has been infected? Probably Tyson or Busty, right?
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:37 pmI did get Colorado Springs tickets in June. Hopefully everything is back to normal by then
Not sure I share your optimism, but we'll see!
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

hellboy wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:15 pm
Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:37 pmI did get Colorado Springs tickets in June. Hopefully everything is back to normal by then
Heres the trick! Wait til everyone wants to sell their tickets to avoid the crowds, buy cheap Tool tickets, wait for Tool to inevitably postpone the shows. Go at a later date.
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

No surprise here but...

Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

I was just trying to be optimistic, but everything is getting stranger and weirder every day. I heard some local people (Tucson Arizona) going to the grocery stores saying the shelves are pretty empty. Is it similar in Australia?
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

xZ1mM3r wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:03 am
Heres the trick! Wait til everyone wants to sell their tickets to avoid the crowds, buy cheap Tool tickets, wait for Tool to inevitably postpone the shows. Go at a later date.
Good idea! Luckily I have not planned my trip to Colorado springs and I have not scheduled a flight or a hotel room. I guess don't make any plans in the near future for now, right? Do you want to buy my Colorado Springs tickets anyone? Kidding, I'm going to try stay optimistic, but my optimism is now turning to pessimism.
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

It will likely extend through the summer as well. Super bummed to miss Tool and many other upcoming shows I have Tix for, but the alternative is unacceptable.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Yeah you old guys need to watch out for yourselves.
Canned audience laughter
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

;)