New Album Touring (with SPOILERS!)

The Main Event
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Re: New Album Touring (with SPOILERS!)

Post by Busty McCracken »

When this all started blowing up over here on the weekend, I thought to myself.. Geez I'm glad I don't have nay gigs lined up... About 7 seconds later I remembered Faith No more in may... DOh!
Listen to All Them Witches
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Karnivool, Penn and Teller, Bon Iver and Faith No More for me.

Cancel that shit GIVE ME BACK MY MONEY
Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

maybe on and off they will allow some stuff ? this thing is going to run its course but doing what they are obviously keeps the tap on low which is better for everyone but once people move around more its going to come back till its circulated thru it seems.

Pray for this. on Coast to Coast am they are having a live on air pray on March 27th. it cant hurt and better yet might help.

i hope the warmer weather slows this down. im getting mixed info on that so pray that helps too.

stay safe and stay the f home as much as you can!
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

Bonnaroo has been rescheduled for September 24-27. Hopefully Tool will still headline and reschedule their dates around this time.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

I wonder if Maynard's said to any of em yet.. "well maybeeeee, if ya didnt take so fucking long with the album we could have milked this thing for all it's worth, but coz ya took ya sweet arse time, corona has gone done and fucked it all up"
Specter
Pencildick

Post by Specter »

He did. “Beating tired” Jones
Dancing on the roof of some cartoon showroom
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Pretty sure releasing the album is what caused this.
Canned audience laughter
Specter
Pencildick

Post by Specter »

Highly suspected
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

That's what I read on the news so it must be true right.
Specter
Pencildick

Post by Specter »

Of course.
sonnyboy11
Bronco's Fan

Post by sonnyboy11 »

All spring dates were postponed today. Screw you CV!
rinkwhopper
Has been

Post by rinkwhopper »

Hmm, Bonnaroo during a time of year that’s not insufferably hot. Interesting...

I hadn’t planned on seeing Tool again but maybe with the rescheduled touring I will feel like spending that kind of money again later this year or next.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

sonnyboy11 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:21 pm All spring dates were postponed today. Screw you CV!
I hardly see how blaming Culling Voices is helpful. I get that people don't like it and would have to agree its the weakest song on the album, but still. Just seems a bit unfair to blame a postponed tour solely on one song.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Busty McCracken wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:08 pm
sonnyboy11 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:21 pm All spring dates were postponed today. Screw you CV!
I hardly see how blaming Culling Voices is helpful. I get that people don't like it and would have to agree its the weakest song on the album, but still. Just seems a bit unfair to blame a postponed tour solely on one song.
haa!. not sure why anyones too upset about a tour canceling. least of the worries these days. f me

how is everyone doing ? im pretty much watching the news constantly/doing the same online plus the normal stuff now as im more settled with all this and of course staying home as much as possible which is pretty much all the time. not much diff then what i normally do! bahah but its diff now of course.

hope your all well. stay safe and stay home!
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I'm still going to work, nothing has changed for me except I can't get toilet paper!
Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

so your job is essential ? that sucks kinda. be safe! hopefully its not too bad where you live. theres only 112 cases here (that are known anyway) but they are ramping up testings so after this week i hope we have a better idea how it is around here. they dont tell you how many have it in your city here. i dont know if thats a normal thing in other places but they only tell the whole region for privacy reasons. wtf. its not like i want to know where they live other then the city,gender and age. i think thats pretty normal.

they did say if there is an outbreak they will say where it is which is good at least. so i guess its low risk here but its the wild west. you just dont know. we need glasses like that ''they live'' movie that detects this virus shit. haha that would be awesome!
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

bob wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:16 am so your job is essential ?
Hardly, it's just the boss not taking it seriously nor my town, we only have 8 cases in the entire district. Except it's coming up to Easter and as a tourist town I'm scared shitless of people swarming on our area even though nothing is open.
Canned audience laughter
bonebroke
Geacon

Post by bonebroke »

Asymptomatic transmissions drive the pandemic.
People without symptoms infecting others is highly problematic.
Bay Area counties told us to stay home since 12 March 2020.
The California governor followed with similar guideline a few days later.
There are multiple States in America whose governors have still not issued stay at home orders.

Last week California officials began advising everyone to wear face coverings in public - so you don't breathe your $h!# on others.
CDC followed with similar guidelines on Friday.
Leave the N95 masks for the front line fighters: Health Care Warriors - those masks are to protect them.

It is important to wash your hands properly before you leave your crib and immediately upon return.
Try not to touch your face or your face covering when you do go out. A lot of glove wearers out there these days too.
Stores around here that remain open operate with customers standing in line 6 ft apart.
Once they reach a store max, one does not go in until someone comes out.
You should try to be physically distant, not socially distant.

Supply chains in the U.S. remains strong. Try and leave some tp (and eggs) for everyone.

I hope you all stay safe and well.
Pneuma!
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

Post by Bobby Bottleservice »

hellboy wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:15 pm
Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:37 pmI did get Colorado Springs tickets in June. Hopefully everything is back to normal by then
Not sure I share your optimism, but we'll see!
God damn hellboy, you were right! I should have been as pessimistic as you are. Fuck the toilet paper, I'm trying to find a decent computer monitor to work from home and even monitors are out of stock everywhere!

On a positive note, I just bought the Fulltone OCD Germanium version and the sustain on this pedal is insanely beautiful!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

It's hard to say what will happen in the next 12 months, but I suspect that only domestic touring is a reality for the short term. I think Aussie promoters that a re-booking international acts for sometime later in 2020 are being little overly optimistic - I don't think any band will want to sit through a 2 week isolation period, which I suspect would be in place until a vaccine is out there.

Whether that means however that Tool could do a US tour later in 2020? I guess maybe, but I personally wouldn't hold my breath.
Specter
Pencildick

Post by Specter »

Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:28 pm
Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:37 pmI did get Colorado Springs tickets in June. Hopefully everything is back to normal by then
God damn hellboy, you were right! I should have been as pessimistic as you are. Fuck the toilet paper, I'm trying to find a decent computer monitor to work from home and even monitors are out of stock everywhere!

On a positive note, I just bought the Fulltone OCD Germanium version and the sustain on this pedal is insanely beautiful!
What other pedals are you running through your chain? What guitar and amplifier?
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

tys0n wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:41 am
bob wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:16 am so your job is essential ?
Hardly, it's just the boss not taking it seriously nor my town, we only have 8 cases in the entire district. Except it's coming up to Easter and as a tourist town I'm scared shitless of people swarming on our area even though nothing is open.
ah f that. if you dont feel comfortable if shit starts to get weird call the health department or whatever on him and take some time off. its good its low key there but at this point i think a shutdown of everything cept essential makes sense. doesnt this dipshit realize its all around the world ? geeze

HBs prob right, i wouldnt expect much till maybe the fall but its too early to tell. regular life will prob not return for 18 months they say which is prob true. allow stuff in small increments and monitor to see what happens, a 2nd wave etc etc. its already happening in Hong Kong. its the obvious thing to do with something like this.

hopefully a vaccine comes sooner then later. some people still think this isnt as bad as the flu cause it takes more lives per year. its only been around for a short time, its clear this is bad. i dont get some people.

btw, happy anniversary! its about a year ago this place starting getting full of reddit rumours and all the rest of it. i dont know whats worse, this pandemic or waiting on tool to tell us information :lol:
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

Post by Bobby Bottleservice »

Specter wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:52 pm
Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:28 pm

What other pedals are you running through your chain? What guitar and amplifier?
So, I have a Marshall DSL half stack - which is way too much for me anymore. I recently bought a used Mesa boogie F50 which sounds great. I am using a Les Paul Custom.

These are the pedals I am currently using. I've never tried imgur.com, so not sure that this pic will show up. I have these pedals going through the effects loop, but i have the OCD germanium in front of the amp. You have to mess around with these pedals because I had the whammy in the effects loop and did not sound good. Putting the whammy in front of the amp made a huge difference in the good way.
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

Tour's canceled :cry:

tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Geez I hope Tool are covered by some kind of insurance with these matters and I'm sure it will all run smoothly . . .
Canned audience laughter