Random Music News

Music in all its forms and styles
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

PEARL JAM CLOSE TO FINISHING NEW ALBUM, NEW SONGS INFLUENCED BY U2 AND PINK FLOYD

Pearl Jam guitarist Mike McCready discussed Pearl Jam’s currently in the works 10th studio album in a new interview with The Rob on Pearl Jam Radio on SiriusXM, “The sessions went really well, they went very quick. We were with Brendan O’Brien, and he was kind of whipping us into shape. We all teamed together to bring in another section of songs, we started this project 2 years ago. We just recently finished another 7 or 8 from that or so, we’re listening to them to see which ones are going to end up ultimately on the record. We’re close to the end zone right now, football analogy!” He added, “There might be a few [of my compositions] on there. Not necessarily like ‘Inside Job,’ but there’s one I’m very very proud of.”

McCready also described some of the new tracks, “I think the fans will hear what we are and where we are at now, it’s going to be to their liking I think, it is to us. We haven’t figured it out exactly what everything is that is going to be on this record. Some of the standout tracks on there are pretty amazing. Matt wrote a really cool one that’s kind of ethereal meets U2ness, I wrote kind of a punk rock one and a Pink Floyd thing, so there’s all these kinds of things going on. Ed has written some beautiful numbers, some kind of garagy type stuff and then also some beautiful lyrical kind of things. We’ll put all of those things in the Pearl Jam thing, and hit mix, and mix it up.”

He mentioned that he loves “Of the Earth” but Eddie doesn’t believe they’ve captured the live energy in the studio yet. The Rob said they should title the new album Of the Earth, Mike said it’d need to be on the album though.

Mike said he thinks Pearl Jam could record an album live in the studio someday, “even more of a left turn” than No Code.

http://grungereport.net/?p=24407
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
'][' [[]] [[]] ][,
RIP

Post by '][' [[]] [[]] ][, »

I got to see Black Sabbath perform a single off of their upcoming album yesterday.  Just one of the perks of my job.  It was a pretty kick ass song.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

Skinny Puppy has announced that they will be releasing their new album "Weapon" on May 28th via Metropolis Records.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/weapon/id632791587
- You like noisy music?
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

Black Sabbath 13:

Specific track remarks: 

#1 End Of The Beginning (8:07). Too long a track for an opener but otherwise very good. Very heavy. Ozzy’s vocals don’t evoke dragons and knights and the soaring evil of Dio… rather, they have a melodic but, unsettling quality to then. Not operatic bombast, but understated, melodic eeriness. But it works. This is not the uninspired songwriting of those two songs from the Reunion album — this is real songwriting with some good riffs from Iommi. A very good song. 

#2 God Is Dead? (8:54). This song slays. Very cool riffing and a good melody line. The B section is evocative of the "Holy In The Sky" riff but it still works really well. This is an excellent song, worthy of standing with anything in the Ozzy catalog (thought it lacks the instant memorability of "Iron Man" or "Paranoid"). 

#3 Loner (5:06). Sounds a LOT like a heavy, modern-production version of NIB (I even sang 'Oh yeah' after the appropriate riff). Lyrically and mood-wise it mixes in some Johnny Blade. It’s a good song, but not as good as the previous ones. 

#4 Zeitgeist (4:28). Mellow, and somewhat evocative of "Planet Caravan". It’s fine, but I anticipate skipping this on CD. 

#5 Age Of Reason (7:02). This song kills. My notes (again, scratched in there by keys) are unintelligible. But this one had people pretty fired up. 

#6 Live Forever (4:49). Has a "Children Of The Grave" / "Hole In The Sky" feel once again. A good song, if not as ambitious as some of the others. 

#7 Damaged Soul (7:43). Very heavy blues. Too bluesy for my tastes. Blues blues and more blues, and when you are done with the blues, it shoves another does of blues up your ass. This is overstated — it’s plenty heavy. It just is too (wait for it) bluesy for my tastes. Others enjoyed it more than me. Still, this is not a throwaway, just not one of my favorites. 

#8 Dear Father (7:06). A great song to finish with, again quite heavy with a lot of energy. The B section is the one featured in the video with Rubin telling Ozzy to try again ("… the victims of the sins you devise") The main section is beefier than that part. There is a recurrent tritone riff that is very evocative of the first notes played in the song Black Sabbath. It’s so evocative that one wonders if it’s purposeful… and the riffs appears again at the very end of the song… and then the song ends… with rain… and church bells. Very cool. Very cool indeed.
- You like noisy music?
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

@Nate - Man what do you do for a living?  And how many hot celebs have you banged in the last year?
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

M0gZilla said
@Nate - Man what do you do for a living?  And how many hot celebs have you banged in the last year?

Careful with that axe, Eugene.  You don't want to get on the bad side of his woman (who lurks here btw).  She would eat you for breakfast.
Ki77aan :twisted:
elp5000
My pain is just an excuse

Post by elp5000 »

Kittaan said

M0gZilla said

Careful with that axe, Eugene.  You don't want to get on the bad side of his woman (who lurks here btw).  She would eat you for breakfast.

WHAT !!!!  She's a sweetheart.. LOL

;-}~
phox_
Has been

Post by phox_ »

I pre-ordered the Seas of Cheese Vinyl and CD/BRD on Amazon.
'][' [[]] [[]] ][,
RIP

elp5000 said

Kittaan said

M0gZilla said

WHAT !!!!  She's a sweetheart.. LOL

;-}~

I do motion picture lighting.  And yes, she's a sweetheart.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

^ Way to play along, you maroons.  Jeez, can you believe it JJ?
'][' [[]] [[]] ][,
RIP

Kittaan said
^ Way to play along, you maroons.  Jeez, can you believe it JJ?

If I didn't say that she'd fuck me up.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

^ Serious LOLz
jelousjane
Maynard Believer

Post by jelousjane »

You bet your sweet skittles ass I would! 

Elp: thanks darling. You're awesome. 

Kittan: you're still hilarious as ever. 

~ JJ
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Kittaan said

M0gZilla said

Ah fuck it for once I will take the high road.  Sounds like an interesting job Nate.
'][' [[]] [[]] ][,
RIP

M0gZilla said

Kittaan said

M0gZilla said

Ah fuck it for once I will take the high road.  Sounds like an interesting job Nate.

You seem to have edited your post, but to answer you question (that you deleted) I've never actually rubbed one out at work.  Not because I'm against it, it's just that there is very little downtime in my department.  I do have a buddy in the prop department who jerks it just about every day at work and has no shame about it.  One of the camera operators actually caught him once in the bathroom of a mansion we were filming at.  He didn't believe what he saw but I was able to reassure him that his eyes had in fact not deceived him.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

^ Yeah I edited the post.  Trying this "NICE GUY" thing for a bit.  I'm sure it will wear off shortly.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

M0gZilla said
^ Yeah I edited the post.  Trying this "NICE GUY" thing for a bit.  I'm sure it will where off shortly.

You may not be a nice guy if you saw the O's game today.......But that's for another thread.

I like to poop naked.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

markuspoop said

M0gZilla said
^ Yeah I edited the post.  Trying this "NICE GUY" thing for a bit.  I'm sure it will where off shortly.

You may not be a nice guy if you saw the O's game today.......But that's for another thread.

Yeah I saw it and I don't wanna talk about it right now.  Suffice to say the remote almost went flying against the wall multiple times.

snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

You know, never took you for a remote thrower, moggles.
SteveBobSteve
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

snazzlefrack said

I've broken countless electronic devices in my day as a thrower.  Countless videogame controllers, graphing calculators, remotes, desktop computers, hell just yesterday slammed an ipod against the ground a handful of times.
I like to poop naked.
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

markuspoop said

snazzlefrack said

I've broken countless electronic devices in my day as a thrower.  Countless videogame controllers, graphing calculators, remotes, desktop computers, hell just yesterday slammed an ipod against the ground a handful of times.

Yeah. I once broke the gun that you use for Duck Hunt. Used to rage after that fucking dog came out and laughed at me. Fucking mutt.

SteveBobSteve
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

snazzlefrack said

markuspoop said

snazzlefrack said

Yeah. I once broke the gun that you use for Duck Hunt. Used to rage after that fucking dog came out and laughed at me. Fucking mutt.

Again, not to derail a thread too much, but in my old bedroom back at my parents house before my parents fixed up my bedroom after I went off to college, there were dozens of holes in my walls from throwing controllers (particularly the heavy and huge NES Advantage) at the walls.  Though I should say, other than yesterdays outburst it had been close to a decade since I deliberately busted up an electronic device.

I like to poop naked.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

snazzlefrack said

markuspoop said

snazzlefrack said

You know you can play as the ducks in Duck Hunt?

Don't mow your lawn
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

STREAMING: Unreleased Killing Joke — “Timewave”

an exclusive peek at “Timewave,” an unreleased demo from the Absolute Dissent sessions included on the rarities disc. Take a listen below:

http://www.decibelmagazine.com/featured ... -timewave/
- You like noisy music?
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

ziggy23 said
http://www.decibelmagazine.com/featured ... -timewave/
an exclusive peek at “Timewave,” an unreleased demo from the Absolute Dissent sessions included on the rarities disc.

Nice find, mate. Thanks for sharing.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.