Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
junior
Green Herbsman

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by junior »

Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 8:32 pm Why did Adam Jones have his old Mesa Boogie instead of his 2 Dieizel amps? (during the Glendale Az show January 16th 2020)? As far as I know, he replaced his Mesa with a 2nd Diezel amp. Just very curious on why he was using his old set up.

Mesa boogie2.jpg
I know he had a head replaced mid-show early in the January tour. It was probably that Diezel, and stayed replaced until fixed.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 8:03 pm
tys0n wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 1:38 pm Show me on the doll where he touched you bob
Now Bob, you have set your self up for this. Tyson is pretty witty. My recommendations are don't say anything about anyone young or anyone old - otherwise Tyson will ATTACK!
No way! that story is classic. good memories from back then. Tyson ruins stuff with his diddler jokes. dooh! its ok though.

so your friends lit cigs on a ceiling fan as it spun around. wow! that sounds like an accident waiting to happen not to mention how much smoke would fill the room. esp with those yank cigs if your from the states! baha.

the ziploc bags sounds like fun but that was always the thing not to do - putting stuff like that in a fire etc etc. doesnt it burn green kinda ? i somewhat remember plastics burning a weird colour. heavy toxic avenger style!
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

Post by Bobby Bottleservice »

junior wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:28 am
Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 8:32 pm Why did Adam Jones have his old Mesa Boogie instead of his 2 Dieizel amps? (during the Glendale Az show January 16th 2020)? As far as I know, he replaced his Mesa with a 2nd Diezel amp. Just very curious on why he was using his old set up.

Mesa boogie2.jpg
I know he had a head replaced mid-show early in the January tour. It was probably that Diezel, and stayed replaced until fixed.
Thanks for answering this Junior. I was just very curious. I have one more (very curious) question and then I will to try to stop asking so many questions (at least for a while). Why the Justin Chancellor signature Warwick bass? From what I have seen live (2019/2020) or any video footage - he still only uses his Wal basses.
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

junior wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:22 am
Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 7:54 pm Also, one guy was on the roof lighting up ziploc bags and making these crazy sounds dripping from the roof.
The dripping of burning synthetic materials is indeed a crazy sound.
Okay, so you have tripped listing to this as well? Or, or - does it still sound trippy when one is sober? I ask because - it was just a one time thing and I never tried it sober.
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 7:54 pm Also, one guy was on the roof lighting up ziploc bags and making these crazy sounds dripping from the roof.
It was a very trippy sound. Not sure if it was the acid or if any sober person can hear this. Never tried it after this trip. (A long time ago)
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

bob wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 4:13 pm
tys0n wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 1:38 pm Show me on the doll where he touched you bob
Now Bob, you have set your self up for this. Tyson is pretty witty. My recommendations are don't say anything about anyone young or anyone old - otherwise Tyson will ATTACK!
No way! that story is classic. good memories from back then. Tyson ruins stuff with his diddler jokes. dooh! its ok though.

so your friends lit cigs on a ceiling fan as it spun around. wow! that sounds like an accident waiting to happen not to mention how much smoke would fill the room. esp with those yank cigs if your from the states! baha.

the ziploc bags sounds like fun but that was always the thing not to do - putting stuff like that in a fire etc etc. doesnt it burn green kinda ? i somewhat remember plastics burning a weird colour. heavy toxic avenger style!
Bob, it's a great story, but now I'm waiting from Tys0n to chime in with his crazy fucking response. (Where are you Tys0n? By the way, where is your buddy Busty? Haven't heard from him in a while. - Maybe he is fixing up his mullet hairdo?)

The cigarettes on the ceiling fan created a solid circular light and we were all tripping. You are right about the danger of this and the Ziploc bags. I'm about 25 years older from this experience and would never do this again. Back to you Bob! (What do you think of the bright orange cheeto that runs this Countr..... never mind - I shouldn't bring up things like this. I don't want my post to get deleted because of this silly orange cartoon character.
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

hmmm... it sounds like you experienced similar things as I did in the the very early Nineties.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 7:49 pm
Bob, it's a great story, but now I'm waiting from Tys0n to chime in with his crazy fucking response. (Where are you Tys0n? By the way, where is your buddy Busty? Haven't heard from him in a while. - Maybe he is fixing up his mullet hairdo?)

The cigarettes on the ceiling fan created a solid circular light and we were all tripping. You are right about the danger of this and the Ziploc bags. I'm about 25 years older from this experience and would never do this again. Back to you Bob! (What do you think of the bright orange cheeto that runs this Countr..... never mind - I shouldn't bring up things like this. I don't want my post to get deleted because of this silly orange cartoon character.

are you playing reverse psychology on Tyson,trying to psyche him out so he wont talk ? O o Well played! bahah.

the cigs lit spinning around a fan sounds nutty but a cool effect. maybe someone on youtube has a video of this ?? or you could make your own vid ? dont play with fire! haha the ziploc bag sounds like fun kinda other then the nasty smoke! good times!

your prob right to avoid politics. to answer your question though i think hes mostly an idiot. he manages to top himself that way all the time. As long as the pendulum swings just enough the other way this next round then its game over. not sure what all the rednecks will do but if they are ignored they should hopefully go away.

what a weird time though, im kinda use to it now and there isnt much you can do cept be careful and hope for the best. we can still chirp on here so thats kinda fun! haha
Spoonman
Geacon

Post by Spoonman »

junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 7:16 pm
Okay, so you have tripped listing to this as well? Or, or - does it still sound trippy when one is sober? I ask because - it was just a one time thing and I never tried it sober.
It makes weird sounds without any personal enhancements. I would imagine it would be even more intense if the individual had been enhanced.
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 7:12 pm I have one more (very curious) question and then I will to try to stop asking so many questions (at least for a while). Why the Justin Chancellor signature Warwick bass? From what I have seen live (2019/2020) or any video footage - he still only uses his Wal basses.
No idea.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

junior wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 6:05 pm
Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 7:12 pm I have one more (very curious) question and then I will to try to stop asking so many questions (at least for a while). Why the Justin Chancellor signature Warwick bass? From what I have seen live (2019/2020) or any video footage - he still only uses his Wal basses.
No idea.
If was a betting man I"d say money. If youre a bass player and a company offered to pay you to endorse a bass they wanted to make , and associate with your name, you'd be mad not to take it.
Listen to All Them Witches
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

bob wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:35 pm
Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 7:49 pm

are you playing reverse psychology on Tyson,trying to psyche him out so he wont talk ? O o Well played! bahah.

the cigs lit spinning around a fan sounds nutty but a cool effect. maybe someone on youtube has a video of this ?? or you could make your own vid ? dont play with fire! haha the ziploc bag sounds like fun kinda other then the nasty smoke! good times!

your prob right to avoid politics. to answer your question though i think hes mostly an idiot. he manages to top himself that way all the time. As long as the pendulum swings just enough the other way this next round then its game over. not sure what all the rednecks will do but if they are ignored they should hopefully go away.

what a weird time though, im kinda use to it now and there isnt much you can do cept be careful and hope for the best. we can still chirp on here so thats kinda fun! haha
I was jut trying to wake tyson up. I think our time differences are pretty different. I just checked and it's 1 pm in Australia. Maybe he is busy working right now.

The cigs on the ceiling fan was so badass, but I don't think there are too many people to do this these days. Sounds really dangerous now (and stupid) that I'm not a youngster. I have found videos of people burning the plastic (as I have described). It seems like it's just a bunch of high stupid hippies.

I don't want to speak politics either, but, BUT!, If this fictional character gets re-elected, We US minority citizens will be in big trouble! If this happens - I will ask you (Bob) if you can rent me a room in Canada or maybe Tyson can rent me a room in Australia. I'm just kidding about leaving this great Country, but it will be sad if Cheeto-man gets re-elected (again, speaking of a fictional characher - let's just call him Chester Cheetah ) and let us hope this does not happen!.

Certainly weird, strange times. Hellboy was right. When I had mentioned (back in early March) I was very optimistic about the Tool show in June at Colorado Springs. He was a lot more educated on this horrible situation than I was. Our leaders were still trying to play it off as if it was not a big deal. Now we know. No more politics - I promise!
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

No idea.
Thanks for answering my questions Junior.
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

junior wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 6:04 pm
Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 7:16 pm

It makes weird sounds without any personal enhancements. I would imagine it would be even more intense if the individual had been enhanced.
It was definitely a weird sound back then. I would never visit acid 30 years later. Fun, but I'm too old for that now.
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

Busty McCracken wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 6:49 pm
No idea.
If was a betting man I"d say money. If youre a bass player and a company offered to pay you to endorse a bass they wanted to make , and associate with your name, you'd be mad not to take it.
I get what you are saying Busty, but this still does not make sense. Justin does not need the extra money (I am making assumptions because I have no idea of his financial situation). Don't get me wrong, the bass looks badass, but I would buy a musicman stingray HH 4-string before I would buy this.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

If anyone thinks of moving in with me, 3 words, grass, gas or ass.
Canned audience laughter
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

tys0n wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:36 pm If anyone thinks of moving in with me, 3 words, grass, gas or ass.
There we go Tys0n. You are awake and I'm about to go to sleep now. Let's go with grass. None of these other options apply.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

You gotta sleep sometime.
Canned audience laughter
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Get a room you three. lol when did this flirting between bob, bobby and tyson start?
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

No idea.
Justin, and really any member of Tool, doesnt strike me as the spokesperson/"do it for the money" type... i highly doubt that any of them would be willing to lend their name to a product that they didnt believe in. Im sure the Warwick signature series vs Wal live concert is simply a preference or availability.
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

ms2r wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:53 am Get a room you three. lol when did this flirting between bob, bobby and tyson start?
Bwahaha! I really do not have a good come back on this one. You won this round ms2r!
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

xZ1mM3r wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 5:56 am

No idea.
Justin, and really any member of Tool, doesnt strike me as the spokesperson/"do it for the money" type... i highly doubt that any of them would be willing to lend their name to a product that they didnt believe in. Im sure the Warwick signature series vs Wal live concert is simply a preference or availability.
xZ1mM3r, I agree with everything you have said except your last sentence. The whole Justin Chancellor Warwick bass and him not using one of these still doesn't make sense to me.
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

Okay, so I hate it when I do not see any movement on this thread, so I'll try to keep it going. I'll probably get crucified on this site - but I had never heard of the band Blonde Redhead before - until I heard this band was about to be the opener for Tool. This song is amazing, but I have not explored any of this bands other songs.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

xZ1mM3r wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 5:56 am

No idea.
I own and play a warwick bass, they're amazing quality guitars and I'm sure Justin absolutely believes in the brand as most bassists would. They question was what's the point of doing a signature series bass if he never uses it live. Of course it would be a buzz to have a company craft a bass in your honour but would no doubt be a handsome monetary reward as well.
Listen to All Them Witches