Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
mattw
Geacon

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by mattw »

Thanks Junior!
I was kinda expacting 7empest to be your answer and I was there when they debuted in Sydney. It does seem tough to play live.
Thanks for the update.
Cheers
inequitude
Has been

Post by inequitude »

Give Adi Granov a follow if you're keen on one of these. He also posts cool pics of doodles he does over the recent tour posters a bit like Chet Zar.
Attachments
IMG_4053.jpg
IMG_4053.jpg (168.54 KiB) Viewed 9491 times
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

mattw wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:17 pm Thanks Junior!
I was kinda expacting 7empest to be your answer and I was there when they debuted in Sydney. It does seem tough to play live.
Thanks for the update.
Cheers
According to the internet, they played it live 7 times.
So I guess that triggered the world shutdown.
Whowatchesthewampas
Green Herbsman
Height: 6

Post by Whowatchesthewampas »

Pretty cool seeing this! I know it's been mentioned he has an SG, but I think this is the first shot I've seen of him not playing a Les Paul.
Last edited by Whowatchesthewampas on Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Falling isn't flying
Floating isn't infinite
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I'm sure I've seen Adam play something other than an LP a few times
Whowatchesthewampas
Green Herbsman

hellboy wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:48 pm I'm sure I've seen Adam play something other than an LP a few times
you're probably right, HB. I edited, its the first shot I've ever seen of him not playing a Les Paul.
Falling isn't flying
Floating isn't infinite
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

Post by Bobby Bottleservice »

junior wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:01 pm
Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:52 pm and Junior, you need to add a pic to your profile, come on man, - anything would be better than nothing!
Better?
Better!
earthrocker
Rhandy
Height: Short

Post by earthrocker »

Deftones!
Whowatchesthewampas
Green Herbsman

earthrocker wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:47 am
Les Claypool is fun to watch
Falling isn't flying
Floating isn't infinite
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Loved it.
Ki77aan :twisted:
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon
Height: this tall

Post by ToolFanFromWayBack »

Gotta love it when your favorite bands consider each other influences on themselves... #12 with a bullet!

https://www.guitarworld.com/amp/featur ... ushs-sound
rinkwhopper
Has been

Post by rinkwhopper »

I thought Geddy Lee barely had any idea who tool was.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon

I am assuming that one was lerxst’s as it discusses Adam and the guitar. Just cool that my longtime favorite bands likes each other. That anthem zoom jam was just badass.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

geddy lee isnt into tool really. alex is. Geddy didnt even know it was tool in that video! i know alex has been to the shows. back in 2001 and 2009 and whatever else i guess.

Junior told a pretty cool story about the toronto show back in 2001. with the YYZ airplane codes on the passes. haha. that was good. that show was awesome too btw, we went to that one of course. they played an extra song that night (the patient) cause back on july 1st that year there set was cut short one song cause of the stupid fireworks at the end of the night or something. that was weird too cause it was really cold that day even though it was July 1st. windy too! i wonder if Junior remembers that ? i like the cold so i didnt mind but it was a bit weird considering it was july 1st. happy canada day!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Cool story Brob.
Ki77aan :twisted:
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Kittaan wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:03 pm Cool story Brob.

brob? thanks broomo! haha i got that one from a certain someone. ya i know. typical eh?
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Kittaan wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:03 pm Cool story Brob.

brob? thanks broomo! haha i got that one from a certain someone. ya i know. typical eh?
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

bob wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:33 pm geddy lee isnt into tool really. alex is. Geddy didnt even know it was tool in that video! i know alex has been to the shows. back in 2001 and 2009 and whatever else i guess.

Junior told a pretty cool story about the toronto show back in 2001. with the YYZ airplane codes on the passes. haha. that was good. that show was awesome too btw, we went to that one of course. they played an extra song that night (the patient) cause back on july 1st that year there set was cut short one song cause of the stupid fireworks at the end of the night or something. that was weird too cause it was really cold that day even though it was July 1st. windy too! i wonder if Junior remembers that ? i like the cold so i didnt mind but it was a bit weird considering it was july 1st. happy canada day!
Of the 3, Alex was the only one that went to any Tool shows, as far as I know. He's been a fan for quite a while.
I doubt Geddy goes to anyone's shows, for the most part. I could be wrong. I think he tries to have a "normal" life outside of the business.
Neil had a friendship with Danny, but was a very private guy. Public appearances would have been very out of character.

I don't remember that July 1 show, but I probably wasn't there. I missed the summer 2001 warmup and festival shows because of a prior obligation.
I put together a design for it, and we had someone else go out on the road with it. I think that's the last one I didn't do of that run, since the next show was in NZ (according to the internet, not my memory).
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

junior wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:08 pm
bob wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:33 pm geddy lee isnt into tool really. alex is. Geddy didnt even know it was tool in that video! i know alex has been to the shows. back in 2001 and 2009 and whatever else i guess.

Of the 3, Alex was the only one that went to any Tool shows, as far as I know. He's been a fan for quite a while.
I doubt Geddy goes to anyone's shows, for the most part. I could be wrong. I think he tries to have a "normal" life outside of the business.
Neil had a friendship with Danny, but was a very private guy. Public appearances would have been very out of character.

I don't remember that July 1 show, but I probably wasn't there. I missed the summer 2001 warmup and festival shows because of a prior obligation.
I put together a design for it, and we had someone else go out on the road with it. I think that's the last one I didn't do of that run, since the next show was in NZ (according to the internet, not my memory).

well if you dont like the cold you didnt miss anything :) Even Maynard chirped people for complaining about the weather that day during the show. that was a fun time though and one of the last times i went to a festival that i remember. once i got a bit older no interest in going to places like that! it happens with older people it seems. bah

Rush was the first band i ever saw live. the Hold Your Fire tour in 1988 at Maple Leaf Gardens. we had good seats too! like 15 or so rows back on Alex's side. i was in grade 6 and knew them well but was kinda freaked out cause of how loud it was and smelling funny smoke. ha! Ever do any shows at the old Maple Leaf Gardens, Junior ?
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

bob wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:41 pm Ever do any shows at the old Maple Leaf Gardens, Junior ?
I think so. I can't remember with who or when, though.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Damn Junior makes Rush sound cooler than all those 80's bands with all the excess partying, damn I am old.
Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

tys0n wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:19 am Damn Junior makes Rush sound cooler than all those 80's bands with all the excess partying, damn I am old.
what was your first concert Tyson? Fred Penner or something like that ? Sharon Loius & Brandt or whatever the dudes name was. bahah
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Probably some Australian band no one cares about, but I did see Pantera live, one thing I'm very happy about, they were goddamn electric!
Canned audience laughter
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon

I know no one asked me but my first concert was Eddie Money in a tiny convention center in central Texas. Saw Iron Maiden on the World Slavery tour in the same place... Here is the setlist if you are interested. World Slavery Tour

Hope everyone in AU is staying safe. This covid shit is no joke.
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:04 pm Saw Iron Maiden on the World Slavery tour in the same place...
I didn't get to see that one, but it was one of the first concerts I bought on VHS when I got my first stereo VHS machine in 1985.
I'd always wished I'd seen that tour, and finally "kinda" got the chance 23 years later when I saw them play that show nearly verbatim at the 2008 Super Bock Super Rock festival in Lisbon, Portugal.