Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Spoonman »

Sprout wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:37 pm Remake
$14,526.76AUD
https://reverb.com/item/35471736-gibson ... ilverburst

Aged and signed remake
$21,793.77AUD
https://reverb.com/item/35459601-gibson ... ilverburst
So, they put that online for sale and dont even have a proper picture of that guitar? :roll:
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

almost 21,000 CAD for a signed one. wtf is wrong with these people ?
Whowatchesthewampas
Green Herbsman
Height: 6

Post by Whowatchesthewampas »

It's crazy people are already putting this online when production is just starting back up and they haven't really released anything other than they are going made, no indication of when they'll be up for sale.
Falling isn't flying
Floating isn't infinite
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

From a few years ago.
Professor of Lesbian Science
rinkwhopper
Has been

Post by rinkwhopper »

that was cool. thx
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

hey, this is semi-tool related. Another interview with Howard Ungerleider, i came across this a couple days ago. He mentions a certain someone that comes around the forum and of course Tool a little bit ;) The rest is mostly about Rush but its cool if your into that.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/e ... 0488802290
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

bob wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:08 pm hey, this is semi-tool related. Another interview with Howard Ungerleider, i came across this a couple days ago. He mentions a certain someone that comes around the forum and of course Tool a little bit ;) The rest is mostly about Rush but its cool if your into that.

Howard has a million stories. He can be quite entertaining. It was nice of him to mention me in the podcast.
I've known him since 2000, and we've used his laser company (PDI) for Tool since 2006.

The hosts of that podcast are Chris and Matt Kansy.
Chris is the current Production Manager for Tool, and has been the PM for Roger Waters for quite some time.
He was the PM for APC during the "13th Step" era, and was PM for Puscifer during its first few years.
I've known him since 1996 when he was PM for White Zombie and I was with an opening act on their tour.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

junior wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:43 pm
bob wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:08 pm hey, this is semi-tool related. Another interview with Howard Ungerleider, i came across this a couple days ago. He mentions a certain someone that comes around the forum and of course Tool a little bit ;) The rest is mostly about Rush but its cool if your into that.

Howard has a million stories. He can be quite entertaining. It was nice of him to mention me in the podcast.
I've known him since 2000, and we've used his laser company (PDI) for Tool since 2006.

Chris is the current Production Manager for Tool, and has been the PM for Roger Waters for quite some time.
He was the PM for APC during the "13th Step" era, and was PM for Puscifer during its first few years.
I've known him since 1996 when he was PM for White Zombie and I was with an opening act on their tour.

wow! thats cool. i could tell the guy talking knew his stuff just wasnt sure who he was really. Thanks for filling us in a bit more. What other bands do you work with Junior ? was Howard talking about you on some David Gilmour tour with no video screen and lights only ? for some reason i thought that was about you but im not sure for sure. The part about Rod Stewart was funny. Totally called him out, haha.
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

bob wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:45 am
junior wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:43 pm

wow! thats cool. i could tell the guy talking knew his stuff just wasnt sure who he was really. Thanks for filling us in a bit more. What other bands do you work with Junior ? was Howard talking about you on some David Gilmour tour with no video screen and lights only ? for some reason i thought that was about you but im not sure for sure. The part about Rod Stewart was funny. Totally called him out, haha.
Yeah, Chris has been in the business since the 80's. He's very good at what he does, and pleasant to work with.

I don't really work with any other bands, at the moment. I've been spending some of the past few years with a Pink Floyd tribute band called "Brit Floyd" when not doing Tool stuff, and doing some TV/Film work.

The ones I can remember spending time with over the years are: Filter, RATM, Tool, Love Spit Love, Limp Bizkit, Stabbing Westward, Melvins, Linkin Park, Clay Aiken, Siouxsie Sioux, Korn, Duran Duran, Puscifer, APC, SOAD, QOTSA, Failure, and Brit Floyd.
I'm missing some, and might be blocking my memory of some. I'd like to block my memory of some more of those.

Howard was talking about Marc Brickman. He was Pink Floyd's LD and has done a lot of the Gilmour and Waters tours, as well.
rinkwhopper
Has been

Post by rinkwhopper »

nice, Clay Aiken... he's a local. He definitely stands out on that list lol.
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

rinkwhopper wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:12 pm nice, Clay Aiken... he's a local. He definitely stands out on that list lol.
I did 3 tours with him around 2004-2005.
He treated the crew very well.
The atmosphere was pretty easy-going.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

junior wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:23 pm
bob wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:45 am

i know your not working with bands at the moment, obviously. Thats a pretty neat list. Limp Bizkit though, haha. i saw APC in toronto in 2017. Had floors too, if you were at that one, right on. Maynard had things too dark on that tour. Im assuming hes more in control cause hes the big shot or whatever crap u want to call it. It was a decent show though. I thought ''Thinking of You'' was a highlight . The Noose sounded great too.

aah i see. well thats cool! Has that guy ever tried to get them back together for a Floyd reunion? baha. he could be the bridge eh ;)\

i have no idea how to quote just a part of it without fn it all up! sorry! but i kinda got it!
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Gosh darn it Bob, you broke the board again.
Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

tys0n wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:54 pm Gosh darn it Bob, you broke the board again.
i probably fn did! i kept trying to fix that stupid thing but i couldnt get it the way i wanted. oh geeze haha
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

bob wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:43 pm Limp Bizkit though, haha.
I spent 6 years with them. 1998-2003
i saw APC in toronto in 2017. Had floors too, if you were at that one, right on.
My last APC shows were in 2013.
aah i see. well thats cool! Has that guy ever tried to get them back together for a Floyd reunion? baha. he could be the bridge eh ;)\
I don't really know Marc (met him once at a Roger show), so I don't know if he tried. It's often best to stay out of those kinds of things.
There are only 3 of them left, now, so I don't see it happening. The Who do it with only 2 of them, but, well...
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

junior wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:59 pm
i saw APC in toronto in 2017. Had floors too, if you were at that one, right on.
I don't really know Marc (met him once at a Roger show), so I don't know if he tried. It's often best to stay out of those kinds of things.
There are only 3 of them left, now, so I don't see it happening. The Who do it with only 2 of them, but, well...
Funny, saw limp bizkit at Pinkpop in that time period.

Hopefully the nick mason show goes through next year. At least somewhat of the old pink Floyd. :)
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

ms2r wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:03 pm Hopefully the nick mason show goes through next year. At least somewhat of the old pink Floyd. :)
I've heard his shows are good. I haven't been in the same place at the same time to see any of them, though.

Brit Floyd were doing "Fearless" last year, and didn't have a Pink Floyd performance reference to base the lights and video on, so we looked at a YouTube clip of Mason doing it for ideas.
They usually try to evoke a look similar to the "Pulse" and "Delicate Sound of Thunder" eras.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

junior wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:59 pm

If working for Limp Bizkit was cool then thats good. i couldnt help that one though! I saw them in buffalo a week before we were going to Ozzfest 98' in Burgettstown. I had no idea who they were till we saw them at that buffalo show. They played all of ''Undertow'' before they came on which was neat. That Ozzfest show the next week is still one of my fav times seeing Tool. They were on fire big time for those Ozzfest shows, man! That was a fun trip too.

True, i was more less kidding about the Floyd thing. That isnt something you drop on someone if you dont know them and even if you do, its better if it happens naturally or something.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I wonder what it was like working for Stabbing Westward, should have been a much bigger band, ah well.
Canned audience laughter
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

bob wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:45 am If working for Limp Bizkit was cool then thats good. i couldnt help that one though! I saw them in buffalo a week before we were going to Ozzfest 98' in Burgettstown. I had no idea who they were till we saw them at that buffalo show. They played all of ''Undertow'' before they came on which was neat. That Ozzfest show the next week is still one of my fav times seeing Tool. They were on fire big time for those Ozzfest shows, man! That was a fun trip too.
Working for Bizkit generated a lot of memories: good, bad, and both.
Their crew in '98 had 2 shared Tool crew members: myself, and Adam's guitar tech (at the time). Bizkit played during the day on Ozzfest, so I didn't do any lighting for them. I ran the fog machine in their giant toilet a few times, though.
Adam's tech was doing double duty on that tour. He didn't sleep much.
They'd gone through 2 or 3 sound guys by that point, and I think the guy who was doing it by the Buffalo show would have been the same guy (Aaron) who had done Pantera for many years. He gave them a guitar-heavy mix and buried DJ Lethal's sounds because he didn't think a DJ belonged in "metal". The DJ was essentially the rhythm guitar in that band, so it sounded a bit lacking without him.
It might have still been Nite Bob in Buffalo. His resumé is too long to get in to here. If you google him you'll get at least part of his history. He's deeply engrained in the NYC scene.
As a side note, Nite Bob was with "Psychotica" when they opened for Tool in '96.

I remember Bizkit playing Tool for walk in music from time to time. Fred was a big fan of them. I'm pretty sure that's a big part of why they hired me.
They used to try to play "Opiate' on occasion back then. It was not quite right.
Last edited by junior on Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

tys0n wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:59 pm I wonder what it was like working for Stabbing Westward, should have been a much bigger band, ah well.
Yeah. It never quite clicked for them. I did the end of the "Darkest Days" tour, which was a fitting name for it as they were starting to slip away by then. The venue sizes were getting smaller. Nice guys to work with, though. They gave me an album credit on the next one ("Stabbing Westward"), which was thoughtful.

I've heard they've had a few reunion gigs in recent years, and almost made it to one or 2 of them, but then was out of town when it happened. I think the most recent one was in January when we were starting the Tool tour in San Diego.
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Neat story about Limp Bizkit and that sound guy.

Thanks for sharing those anecdotes.
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

ms2r wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:05 am Neat story about Limp Bizkit and that sound guy.

I should probably write them all down at some point. Eventually I likely won't be able to remember a lot of them.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

junior wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:22 pm
ms2r wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:05 am Neat story about Limp Bizkit and that sound guy.

I should probably write them all down at some point. Eventually I likely won't be able to remember a lot of them.
Well your starting to now kinda. Just copy and paste them or something. Its neat hearing this stuff and just memories in general for shows and all that. They played Opiate sometimes ? hmm, i cant remember if they did at that buffalo show or not. I remember some band called ''Cold'' opened. i think they sort of reminded me of Alice In Chains a little but i could be wrong. They werent too bad from what i remember which isnt much.

I heard that interview too were Fred Durst said Tool were too good etc,etc. That was pretty cool. At the Burggestown show,when he ran down into the isles,someone ripped his precious red hat off his head, haha He was pretty pissed and grabbed it back. Our seats were further back and that happened pretty close to us. I got some pics from that day and even took some of that toilet thing. If theres any shots with smoke it in i'll upload it here!

Megadeth was pretty good and of course we had to catch a little bit of ''Motorhead'' ''you'll all pink and peeling'' Lemmy said. it was fn' hot! he was right! baha!

and cool about this Nite Bob dude, i'll have to check that out. Psychotica was kinda neat. i saw them at the first Warehouse show in Toronto. i could of went to the 2nd show but i needed money for the rest of the week for smokes and weed :S i missed Tool opening with ''No Quarter'' aaugh!. my friend said that show was better then the first night too which was already good. dooh! ah well. Theres a little bit of footage from the 2nd night that MuchMusic shot so i got to see that at least.
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

bob wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:39 am
junior wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:22 pm

Well your starting to now kinda. Just copy and paste them or something. Its neat hearing this stuff and just memories in general for shows and all that. They played Opiate sometimes ? hmm, i cant remember if they did at that buffalo show or not. I remember some band called ''Cold'' opened. i think they sort of reminded me of Alice In Chains a little but i could be wrong. They werent too bad from what i remember which isnt much.
They might not have started messing around with Opiate until 1999. You didn't miss anything.
Cold were friends of theirs from Jacksonville. I don't remember much about them, but I see on Wikipedia that they list 13 former members.
Megadeth was pretty good and of course we had to catch a little bit of ''Motorhead'' ''you'll all pink and peeling'' Lemmy said. it was fn' hot! he was right! baha!
That year on Ozzfest Motorhead were the 2nd stage headliners, so they were usually on while we were getting Tool ready. Ozzfest was doing a thing where each of the 2nd stage bands would play the main stage as the first band of the day twice during the tour on a rotation, so that was the only way I got to see Motorhead. The lower pavilion was usually quite empty at that time of day (1pm), so we were able to sit pretty close for their sets. I remember Lemmy groaning and saying "I'm not used to being up this early" before they "kicked our arse" for 30 minutes.
and cool about this Nite Bob dude, i'll have to check that out. Psychotica was kinda neat. i saw them at the first Warehouse show in Toronto. i could of went to the 2nd show but i needed money for the rest of the week for smokes and weed :S i missed Tool opening with ''No Quarter'' aaugh!. my friend said that show was better then the first night too which was already good. dooh! ah well. Theres a little bit of footage from the 2nd night that MuchMusic shot so i got to see that at least.
I remember MuchMusic being there. They were surprised I knew who they were, but I'd had DirecTV since 1994 and they were available on that.
There wasn't enough height for the video screens at the Warehouse, so we just put up a white backdrop to project onto.