The Grudge (WARNING: 26 years to #6?)

The Main Event
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

toolphishdhs said

Mogonaut said
Maynard chooses the setlists based off what he can "manage".  Shocker.  He can't manage very many Tool songs these days.  Can you imagine how much better Tool would be live without Maynard?  And all the fucking apologists who yap about him being old and cutting him slack can suck it.  Dude is only 48.  He drank his voice to shit.  His voice is weak because he drinks wine every fucking day of his life.  Fuck I wish Danny, Justin and Adam would replace his ass.

Naw a replacement would be fucking awful. if anything just kick him out and play old vocal recordings over their live music with a cardboard cutout of the midget from willow. problem solved.

Which one?

Doesn't matter: PWNT.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

toolphishdhs said
LOL Danza. for sure, i was refering to the main one, the one that was on an idiot abroad season 3 with carl pilkington

Nice. I'd actually get him out on a stage for a few songs, in the flesh.

That would be a "thank you" to the fans.

N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

I guess maybe Tool, APC and Puscifer all at once fucked him up pretty bad. that plus Arizona and Australia are pretty different climate's. that sucks. they need to relax with the touring and just keep writing at this point.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

NYHC81 said
I guess maybe Tool, APC and Puscifer all at once fucked him up pretty bad. that plus Arizona and Australia are pretty different climate's. that sucks. they need to relax with the touring and just keep writing at this point.

Voice of reason. I like it.

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

The can do what the fuck they like immediately after playing the Adelaide show
Busty McCracken

Post by Busty McCracken »

^ And by that , Hellboy means both Sydney & Brisbane shows of which I will be attending all of... 
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Genuinely feel bad for the aussie fans.  Brings into question how Maynard will handle touring for the new album whenever it does get finished.  Also brings into question how Maynard is even going to be able to handle singing songs for the new album.

The reality is that I do not belong on this forum.  This IS a Tool fan forum, and while I have been a fan since day one, I have nothing positive to say about the band at the moment.  For the sake of peace and harmony, and to help change the general tone to something more positive, I think it's time to find a new forum.  I really have no business hanging out a Tool forum.  If anyone can recommend a GOOD general music forum let me know as most of what I have checked out fucking sucks compared to Fourth Eye.

Will finish out my run with seeing the Aloke Dutta competition through.  Last day for the contest.  Money goes to charity, you can win a lesson with Aloke and he will donate the book/study material for the lesson.  Something that will translate to any instrument.  If you haven't made a donation yet and would like to enter the contest go HERE

thesheedspot
My pain is just an excuse

Post by thesheedspot »

i think the most telling thing about this entire forum is the thread dedicated to complaining about the band is the longest one i can find.

does it suck that they had to postpone a show one day? yes. does anyone know that maynard was drunk and not actually sick from travel? no. i travel for work all the time and cant tell you how many times i get a some sort of cold or allergy reaction from going to a different part of the country/ just being on an airplane. am i defending maynard fanboi style? no, he might have gotten hammered off wine and been unable to perform, which does suck, and would if true be a slap in the face to fans.

i am a fan of tool. first show was in 2002. i saw them in 2012 and it was not a giant disappointment, probably my second favorite show of the 7 times ive seen them. if they came to my town tomorrow i would be first in line. dont let other people tell you that your favorite band sucks.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

TooL is my all time favorite band and have been for twenty years.  I love them, but I also see them for what they are.  Like any healthy relationship there will be some bitching involved.  They hate their fans and we bitch about it.  They take 8+ plus years to complete an album...you bet we are going to bitch about it.  They repackage a 21 year old cd, charge 15x the original price and label it a "thank you to the fans"......we would be insane not to bitch about that.

N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

I can't believe they're STILL WORKING ON THAT FUCKING SONG!!!!!! pure madness.

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Mogonaut said
Genuinely feel bad for the aussie fans.  Brings into question how Maynard will handle touring for the new album whenever it does get finished.  Also brings into question how Maynard is even going to be able to handle singing songs for the new album.

The reality is that I do not belong on this forum.  This IS a Tool fan forum, and while I have been a fan since day one, I have nothing positive to say about the band at the moment.  For the sake of peace and harmony, and to help change the general tone to something more positive, I think it's time to find a new forum.  I really have no business hanging out a Tool forum.  If anyone can recommend a GOOD general music forum let me know as most of what I have checked out fucking sucks compared to Fourth Eye.

Will finish out my run with seeing the Aloke Dutta competition through.  Last day for the contest.  Money goes to charity, you can win a lesson with Aloke and he will donate the book/study material for the lesson.  Something that will translate to any instrument.  If you haven't made a donation yet and would like to enter the contest go HERE

toolnavy.com

Calfium Jay
Geacon

Post by Calfium Jay »

This thread needs to be reactivated.

Three and a half years is way too long to spend working on a new album. Also, Maynard should be working alongside them and not separate.

Discuss.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Calfium Jay said

Three and a half years is way too long to spend working on a new album. Also, Maynard should be working alongside them and not separate.

Discuss.

Do people even still THINK about TOOL? I'm listening to MARILYN MANSON right now, and as many and varied are the times that he's fucked up in recent memory, he's still more valid than those self-indulgent wankers.

In hindsight, "LATERALUS" and "AENIMA" are fucking amazing, but they're not the full-stop to the sentence of music. SNIVLEM and HARVEY MILK are far more brave and entertaining than TOOL have ever been.

Or something. Wait 'til I get drunk again. I'll go back to my happy place.

snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

Calfium Jay said

Discuss.

Apparently Maynard doesn't get along too well with the others while writing music. They take too damn long! Precious maynee needs his money, and he want's it now.

SteveBobSteve
Calfium Jay
Geacon

Post by Calfium Jay »

Regardless, Maynard's work ethic far outweighs Larry, Curly and Moe's.

He could provide the kick in the pants those three loafers seriously need.

And yes, I still think about Tool and consider them relevant....however sorely tested my patience is at this point.

I am still of the opinion they will NOT record before November.

snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

Calfium Jay said

I'm sure they've tried that. Either they break up because of tensions between Maynard and the rest, or they keep writing the way they have been for 10+ years. They'll continue to take their sweet ass time, and why not? All they have to do for money is go on tour for a couple months.
SteveBobSteve
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

GET A FUCKING FEMALE SINGER.

How many times does this need to be said?

Justin and Danny have enough within them to make some damn powerful lyrics. Just do it.

(Also, for those keeping points at home, I adore Justin and Danny).
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

snazzlefrass said

Calfium Jay said

I'm sure they've tried that. Either they break up because of tensions between Maynard and the rest, or they keep writing the way they have been for 10+ years. They'll continue to take their sweet ass time, and why not? All they have to do for money is go on tour for a couple months.

KATATONIA is the new TOOL for me. I love them with every inch of my being - but I'm older, so it's, like, real. Or something.

TOOL are cool, when they've done stuff. Otherwise, I'm going to be over here listening to other great stuff.

Calfium Jay
Geacon

Post by Calfium Jay »

I hope one day it comes to light exactly what these "tensions" were and who they were between (ie specific incidents and not just in a broad sense).

Who fought, when and why?
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Calfium Jay said
I hope one day it comes to light exactly what these "tensions" were and who they were between (ie specific incidents and not just in a broad sense).

Who fought, when and why?

Who gives a fuck, though, really.

MUSIC. I want more MUSIC.

BellJH
Fanboi

Post by BellJH »

I'll be a Doctor by the time this thing comes out

When 10K Days came out I was some 16 year old punk kid hanging around street corners, getting smashed on cheap booze and trying to avoid police cautions for drinking offences

Get your act together Tool and put out your 6 songs and piss poor filler already.