Tool Stuff on eBay

Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

hellboy1975 said

Bogart said 

If I remember correctly, on my signed album there is a number inscribed on the disc somewhere...

I don't remember such a thing on mine.  Maybe I should look again...

Take another look. I'm almost positive its toward the center of the disc. Its pretty faint,  but I remember seeing one.  

I also remember Blair mentioning there was a way to tell fakes from the real deal
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

igotanopiatevinyl said
Def fake, horrible attempt at TOOL autographs

DCs is so blatantly forged as well as JCs

poor JC, though, such clean and legible penmanship is generally so easy to forge with little effort

wait a minute... I never wrote that... I've never, ever forged a signature in my life... and you shouldn't either kids!
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
bulkhead72
Maynard Believer

Post by bulkhead72 »

I'm selling my Opiate signed reissue, version #4. Pretty much looking to get my cost back ($160 + shipping). Priced it higher to weed off lowball offers, so please send me an offer if interested. Friend surprised me with one, so I don't need two copies.

Thanks!

IIToolboxII
Bronco's Fan

Post by IIToolboxII »

Ooooooo weeeeeee.  Look at this doozy of a bootleg.

I mean, this totally official release from the band. 

Tool 2012 Picture Disc Vinyl
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

That's actually pretty neat.  Not 76$ neat but it's neat.
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Except for the back cover, which looks awful, the rest of that looks quite nice.
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

Yeah the definitely spent some time on it.  Back cover is lacking.  Should have at least copied the front art to the back. Its up to $156 with 1 day left. 

IMO, I would rather have another Opiate release than this PoS
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

bigboy55693 said
Yeah the definitely spent some time on it.  Back cover is lacking.  Should have at least copied the front art to the back. Its up to $156 with 1 day left. 

IMO, I would rather have another Opiate release than this PoS

Agree x1000
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

Cool new Justin Hampton Special Edition 2006 Gorge Print up on the 'bay today.

It is coming from Canada, it does have a reserve, a huge BiN (as Justin sold/sells them for ~$250-300 if I remember correctly), and unfortunately has been stored rolled in a tube for a couple years.

If his reserve is ~$250 it might sell IMO.

Cool print.
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
rgardjr
My pain is just an excuse

Post by rgardjr »

bigboy55693 said

It is coming from Canada, it does have a reserve, a huge BiN (as Justin sold/sells them for ~$250-300 if I remember correctly), and unfortunately has been stored rolled in a tube for a couple years.

Cool print.

If it were my money I'd probably pick up either one of these:

Jermaine Rogers 2006 Alternate http://www.ebay.com/itm/221187458028

Allen Jaeger 1998 http://www.ebay.com/itm/330910780551

bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

rgardjr said

That is a decent price on the Rogers print.  I got my "normal" one for only $45 shipped from the UK.

Never been a fan of the Jaeger print.  Pretty pricey though.

aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

I got one on black this past christmas directly from Jermaine.  He sent me one with a lil doodle on it!
rgardjr

Post by rgardjr »

bigboy55693 said

rgardjr said

That is a decent price on the Rogers print.  I got my "normal" one for only $45 shipped from the UK.

Never been a fan of the Jaeger print.  Pretty pricey though.

It's been one of my favorites for a long time and was one of the first posters that I framed.  Allen is a real nice guy and sold me his original artwork for one of his Melvins poster a long time ago.  I haven't been in contact with him since Hurricane Katrina, but I read that it really hit him hard and that he lost a lot of his inventory of posters. I have the alternate Hampton poster and I ended up framing the regular version because I liked it better.  Justin Hampton is a good guy too.  I've talked to him a couple of times about the original artwork for this poster, but I couldn't pull the trigger.

rgardjr

Post by rgardjr »

badkittygothgirl said
I got one on black this past christmas directly from Jermaine.  He sent me one with a lil doodle on it!

Jermaine has done some great doodles.  There's a picture of a doodled one on expressobeans from the 10/18/01 Woodlands, TX show I'd love to get my hands on.

bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

rgardjr said

badkittygothgirl said

Jermaine has done some great doodles.  There's a picture of a doodled one on expressobeans from the 10/18/01 Woodlands, TX show I'd love to get my hands on.

His Deftones prints for this last tour have been really cool too.  I missed out on his offering of last week of some truly rare prints (1 off's and from editions of only 3).  Very reasonably priced too.  I'll have to keep my FB feed open on my phone on Thursday's and Friday's so I don't miss out again.

aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

For those who have far too much cash this would be a nice addition to a collection:

Complete Tool / APC vinyl collection

Highlights include a sealed Aenima, selections from Aenima, and signed Lateralus.

It is a OBO auction so take that as you may.  A little heavy on APC.  I would be interested in what his asking price would be for just the Tool vinyls...
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
Toolboy
Maynard Believer

Post by Toolboy »

bigboy55693 said

Cool print.

This was I who had this up for sale, I had the reserve @ 350, the print cost me 325 (which is what I am offering outside of eBay)

and this has only been in a tube for about 6 mos. This was from Justin's archives and was just bought last year which is why it's embossed. PM me if you are interested in it.
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

The rare and elusive 2012 Reno,NV print showed up on the 'bay today.

It is signed, but it seems the buyer knows what he has with the high BiN/OBO.

I guess if you are really itching...
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

Looks like the EB/4E user 'LordHelmet' saw the Sacramento Print from last month sell for an outrageous price so he decided to list his Sacramento Print as well.

I don't think I would pay anywhere close to $1,400 for a print that has creasing that badly. 

By his EB profile it looks like he is a dealer so I guess he should be excused from not taking care of the print b/c he won't have it for too long?

aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

Also, did anyone on here end up getting this awesome defaced Jermaine Rogers 2001 print?

My GF and I were talking with the seller and he said that someone else had a better offer on it than we did.

It was a sad sad day when we got the 'already sold it' email from the seller.

I guess it sold for between $500 and $700 ($500 was our offer).  I really wanted that print.
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

Yeah yeah I know, but don't feel like doing all that work.

Seems like a fellow Tool fan fell upon hard times (or really really wanted to get a fix) and had to liquidate a mighty nice signed print collection to a pawn shop in Alabama of all places.

I can just about guarantee that he didn't even get anything above what he paid for them if that.

Props to the pawn broker for knowing what he had in front of him, especially the doodled one.
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
rgardjr

Post by rgardjr »

bigboy55693 said
Also, did anyone on here end up getting this awesome defaced Jermaine Rogers 2001 print?

My GF and I were talking with the seller and he said that someone else had a better offer on it than we did.

It was a sad sad day when we got the 'already sold it' email from the seller.

I guess it sold for between $500 and $700 ($500 was our offer).  I really wanted that print.

I've been wanting one of these ever since I saw a picture of it on expressobeans.  Jermaine  said he'd do one for me a while back, but it was right before he was getting ready to move to Colorado.  Maybe I can catch him at Flatstock sometime and have him go to town on one.  That is one really cool poster.

badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

yeah it is...wow.  that was cool.
levba

Post by levba »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... ink:top:en

And yet another sealed Tool demo tape.  Someone must have had some made up and are cashing in on the Opiate excitement.  

Edit: This is the 8th copy that this person has sold.  I'm sorry to say that those who have bought from the seller have fake bootleg copies and are not from the original batch from the early 90's.
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

levba said
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... ink:top:en

And yet another sealed Tool demo tape.  Someone must have had some made up and are cashing in on the Opiate excitement.  

Edit: This is the 8th copy that this person has sold.  I'm sorry to say that those who have bought from the seller have fake bootleg copies and are not from the original batch from the early 90's.

Agreed.  I noticed the pattern awhile back.  The seller has severely dropped the listing price and the sold amount dropped with each listed copy.  First sold $580, then $306, then $242.

This 72826 promo seems a lot more legit.  Not only with the original owner comment, which you can use in a PayPal dispute if it turns out to be fake, but also the reserve price since he probably knows its value.  Then again it could be someone who bought a fake, realized it, and is trying to flip it.

aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA