Opiate reissue arrived but severely water damaged

The Main Event
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Station 52 said
I'm happy you got a positive resolution. Merch has not responded to my emails about my lost order in 4 weeks and I'm getting rather bitter. I wonder how they decide who deserves service? 

Maybe there are really two merch departments, one that's doing the Opiate stuff and one that does shirts and other items.  It would seem (though I haven't been counting) that Opiate issues are getting responded to pretty quickly, while other merch seems to drag it's feet.
NickTheGC
of Arimathea

Post by NickTheGC »

toolphishdhs said
thats cool. im glad they did the right thing and that you are gonna get what you paid for. maybe you will get a scribbled on one for the troubles?  

doubt it. they were selling those for $1000 NZD at the tool shows

NickTheGC
of Arimathea

Post by NickTheGC »

OK, so now after drying it for a few days, it is in MUCH better condition. The staining on the cardboard has completely gone..

However the art book pages are still slightly rippled and the case that holds the certificate of authenticity etc is seriously rippled and even has some colour change.

I now kind of think that when I send the copy back to merch for a replacement, they won't think it's in that bad condition and won't replace it... ideas? I mean, It's still not what I paid for.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

NickTheGC said 
I now kind of think that when I send the copy back to merch for a replacement, they won't think it's in that bad condition and won't replace it... ideas? I mean, It's still not what I paid for.

They've been pretty good about it so far.  Be clear about what the issues with the package are, and I'm sure you'll have no problems.

Perhaps send them some photo's of what you think is wrong with it (presuming it's something that can be captured effectively with a camera).
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

Also read somewhere that the $1,000 opaite album was for the set of 5, wonder if they are the # 666/1000 albums
NickTheGC
of Arimathea

Post by NickTheGC »

azbay said
Also read somewhere that the $1,000 opaite album was for the set of 5, wonder if they are the # 666/1000 albums

Well, at least for the two Auckland shows, it was just one. They titled it "ultra rare opiate CD with Adam Jones artwork" or something of the sort. It was just the usual package but had a fish doodled on the cover, supposedly by Adam. There were a few of them too. Must have done 30 fish or so. Looked cool but definitely not worth the 1 grand in my eyes.

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

NickTheGC said 
Well, at least for the two Auckland shows, it was just one. They titled it "ultra rare opiate CD with Adam Jones artwork" or something of the sort. It was just the usual package but had a fish doodled on the cover, supposedly by Adam. There were a few of them too. Must have done 30 fish or so. Looked cool but definitely not worth the 1 grand in my eyes.

Thanks for that. I had presumed it was the same editions that were released via Toolband with signatures only.  Knowing they have doodles on them as well kinda justifies the extra price (whether it's worth the extra cost is obviously debatable .  Good to hear it's slightly more than them just jacking the price up just to sell them at shows.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

My Opiate came today!!!

My Opiate came today!!!

My Opiate came today!!!

But!

It's severely, severely invisible.

I've already e-mailed 'merch,' and i'm

Sure that will take forever to get an answer....and man,

It's bad too.

I can't even see the motherfucker,

Like it's not even there!

WTF TOOL?

The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
Station 52
Maynard Believer

Post by Station 52 »

hellboy1975 said

Station 52 said
I'm happy you got a positive resolution. Merch has not responded to my emails about my lost order in 4 weeks and I'm getting rather bitter. I wonder how they decide who deserves service? 

Maybe there are really two merch departments, one that's doing the Opiate stuff and one that does shirts and other items.  It would seem (though I haven't been counting) that Opiate issues are getting responded to pretty quickly, while other merch seems to drag it's feet.

Unfortunately my lost order was for a copy of opiate. I don't know if I should just keep waiting or send more emails.
elp5000
My pain is just an excuse

Post by elp5000 »

Cheezenberg Said:

My Opiate came today!!! My Opiate came today!!! My Opiate came today!!!   But!   It's severely, severely invisible. I've already e-mailed 'merch,' and i'm Sure that will take forever to get an answer....and man, It's bad too. I can't even see the motherfucker, Like it's not even there! WTF TOOL?  

You "Stupid Fuck Cheeze" you got the Extra Rare Version of the Opiate Reissue, you just need these..

;-}~
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

NickTheGC said
Good news guys,

Just received an email from Merch, here's what it says

"We apologize for the disappointment. Was the packaging that the cd came in messed up as well? Regardless of the matter we will replace your order with a new one. We will send you a self addressed package so that you can return the cd without having to pay postage on it. Once we receive the cd we will ship out a new one. Make sure everything that came in the cd collector set is in there when you return it. We will only send you the things that have been returned.
TOOL ORDERS"

They were pretty quick about it too (:

Fantastic! Really good to hear.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

elp5000 said
Cheezenberg Said:

My Opiate came today!!! My Opiate came today!!! My Opiate came today!!!   But!   It's severely, severely invisible. I've already e-mailed 'merch,' and i'm Sure that will take forever to get an answer....and man, It's bad too. I can't even see the motherfucker, Like it's not even there! WTF TOOL?  

You "Stupid Fuck Cheeze" you got the Extra Rare Version of the Opiate Reissue, you just need these..

;-}~

Of course I'll need the built in headphones.
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

Looks like water damage has struck again.  This time on version 1.  Must have been raining pretty badly when TB sent them out that day.

Water damaged version 1 - $190 starting bid
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

What's the weather in LA been like recently?
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Well Maynard has been praying for rain the last few weeks
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Now I wonder if you could actually get away with shit

like an invisible copy of a fucking cd.

I think it's worth a shot.

I'm pretty sure some dumb ass will buy it.

NickTheGC
of Arimathea

Post by NickTheGC »

Tool merch isn't emailing me back... I'm starting to question their service...
jujano
Maynard Believer

Post by jujano »

i'm still waiting for mine, tracking link tells me nothing, i emailed "orders" 2 days ago no reply yet... 
Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

Be patient- they will get with you...
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Bogart said
Be patient- they will get with you...

I wanna get with them too

Plus, my issue hasn't been answered either, for that matter.

Not sure I can do anything except wait...

Wait.

Wait.

Waiting.

For someones order.

Waiting

On your obnoxious children

Wading

Through a stream with pole in hand

heh pole

Hoping to catch why I've been

Waiting to Feesh

Feesh

Feesh
Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

I don't know if you guys say my issue w/getting the signed Opiate, but needless to say, I got fucked over. I kept contacting merch and wasn't getting anywere (at least I thought so). After about a month, they got it worked out for me. I imagine they will do the same for you as well.
NickTheGC
of Arimathea

Post by NickTheGC »

Over two weeks and still no response. Very disappointed
Monolith NZ
Bronco's Fan

Post by Monolith NZ »

I bought mine during the pre-sale. I'm in New Zealand also and mine hasn't even arrived yet.

Pandabear
Maynard Believer

Re: Opiate reissue arrived but severely water damaged

Post by Pandabear »

I don't know if I'm only the person with this problem, but the package of my Opiate Anniversary Reissue is "damaged" after I looked at the CD and Stuff for the first time. When I wanted to show it to a person the second time, the glue wasn't holding it together anymore. The package seems to be packed so tight, that the glue is not strong enough to hold it... The only advantage is, that it isn't so complicated to get the stuff out of the package now. But nonetheless, paying 150 $ for a packaging that is not the way it should be, after using it the first time, kinda sucks... :x