New Forum Feedback

Discuss the peculiarities of the forum. Feedback, complaints, suggestions are all welcome.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

badkittygothgirl said
I still can't access my pm's.  Can you look into that please?  Thanks.

wHeird...I was just looking at mine yesterday and now I don't see them so .....
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

kiittaann!!

Save the RUSH thread dude.... 
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

badkittygothgirl said

Try again now BKGG
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

hellboy1975 said

badkittygothgirl said

Try again now BKGG

And we are back in business!  Thank you, sir. 
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

Two things I have just run into:

1) I can't seem to get the PM system to work for me.  I tried sending HB a PM earlier.  In the "send to user" box I typed in his handle then went to type a subject line and his handle disappears.  Next I tried leaving the "send to user" box open and just typed the subject line and message out, then input the user handle and the information that I typed into the subject line and text box disappeared.  This happens when I run both IE and FF.

2) I put some new things in the eBay thread (cool new legit Kuhn NYE mini print released today) and the thread is not coming to the top of the "new and unread" list.  Again this happens on both IE and FF.

#1 might have been addressed as an issue already. Haven't read this thread in a while. Sorry if I am kvetching over a known issue.

#2 is something that I have not had happen before.  Is it that since I made the post it is already "read" by me and does not show on my list of "new and unread" <--- most likely the case?

Overall I enjoy the site a lot more now.  Thanks HB.

aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I'll look into the PM issue.

The Ebay thread appears in the new and unread list for me.
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

hellboy1975 said
The Ebay thread appears in the new and unread list for me.

Right, it came up for me to once someone put something new in it.

I just remember back when this new site version came out that even after I put a reply on a thread it would still be in the unread list for me.

Now it appears that it has changed to the more common sense way of "If I wrote a reply it is not new to me so its not on my new list".

Makes sense.

Thanks for looking into PM issue.
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Update on the PM issue, looks like something is fucked with the system.  Even more annoying, the plugin now seems to be dead, which is a bit sucky since I paid for a premium license for that piece of shit last year.

Good news is that this forum has a PM plugin, and I'll be switching that on shortly.  I'll leave the old PM system up, but will make it read only for now.  I reserve the right to remove the old PM system at some future point though, so if you have some information you wish to keep I advise you do so sooner rather than later.

Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

bigboy55693 said

#2 is something that I have not had happen before.  Is it that since I made the post it is already "read" by me and does not show on my list of "new and unread" <--- most likely the case?

Yep, I think that's exactly what's going on.  Test it with another post, but that's the behavior I see.  Your own posts won't flip the switch, and I agree, it makes sense.
Ki77aan :twisted:
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

The quote system is fucking wack, you can't tell if your in or out of the 'quote bubble'
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Tyson said
The quote system is fucking wack, you can't tell if your in or out of the 'quote bubble'

That's unlikely to get fixed, unless the TinyMCE editor gets an update.  Personally I find it a very minor inconvenience at worst.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Tyson said

Sure your can!  It's the indentation.  Use preview, your will figure it out eventually.  There's a good lad.  Now off with you.

Also: Grammar.  Look into it.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

yea, make sure the cursor is to the far left and not aligned with the text.

.....like this!

cursor 

Also I remember with the last update, the consensus was to go back and change the page the user is navigated too when clicking on a topic, to the last page and not the first page.  Any chance of that happening again.  I vote yes for what it's worth.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

cheeseballs said 
Also I remember with the last update, the consensus was to go back and change the page the user is navigated too when clicking on a topic, to the last page and not the first page.  Any chance of that happening again.  I vote yes for what it's worth.

I don't disagree with this (though I have no idea if it's feasible), however personally I find I use the New/Recently Updated Topics drop down at the top of the screen almost exclusively, and this does a really good job of taking me exactly where I need.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

hellboy1975 said

cheeseballs said 

I don't disagree with this (though I have no idea if it's feasible), however personally I find I use the New/Recently Updated Topics drop down at the top of the screen almost exclusively, and this does a really good job of taking me exactly where I need.

+ 1

Although... I am not clear on why the list UNDER threads with the NEW buttons on the right doesn't seem to be correctly showing the latest first.  Let me know if you need more details, but hopefully you get what I'm talking about.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Kittaan said 

Although... I am not clear on why the list UNDER threads with the NEW buttons on the right doesn't seem to be correctly showing the latest first.  Let me know if you need more details, but hopefully you get what I'm talking about.

Got no idea what you mean - feel free to elaborate!
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

hellboy1975 said

Kittaan said 

I checked mine and it's showing the latest...hope that helps in some way
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Did I miss the tutorial as to where it's explained how to hyperlink on here now?
I like to poop naked.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

markuspoop said
Did I miss the tutorial as to where it's explained how to hyperlink on here now?

Yes.  We had this discussion a few pages back.

Basically:

Type your post.
Highlight the text you want to be a link.
Click the link button in the toolbar (or hit Alt+Shift+A).
In the dialog that appears put the link in the Link URL form.
Click Insert
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Is there an ignore feature? This hellboy poster is really giving me the irks
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Tyson said

If/when I get the PM plugin running, this will allow for ignoring users apparently.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

hellboy1975 said

OK...

When there are threads with new posts (not my own) they now show up at the top of the Forum, with a "New" button, showing the number of New posts.

UNDER that list are all the recent threads WITHOUT that "New" button on the right.  

With me so far?  OK.

Right now, the recent thread list with no "New" button has this at the top:

Department of Complaints

Toolarmy Store Still Not Fixed?
Last Post  Intension  3 hours ago

So, my question is: Why doesn't THIS thread [New Forum Feedback], which has much more recent posts than 3 hours ago, obviously, show up on the first page at all?  I am not currently the last poster (It's Tyson, being witty as usual).

Hopefully that states the question clearly, concisely and all that rot.  If not, we've all wasted enough time on this and just forget about it.

Toodles.

Edit:  Here is what I'm seeing as of right now, AFTER posting the above:

Unread and recently updated topics

Music

New: 1

What are you listening to?
Last Post  cheeseballs  12 minutes ago

Infinity

Sports Thread
Last Post  badkittygothgirl  16 minutes ago

Tech

Roguelike gaming
Last Post  UndKeineEier  17 minutes ago

Department of Complaints

Toolarmy Store Still Not Fixed?
Last Post  Intension  5 hours ago

Department of Information

Adam proposes to Korin on WWE
Last Post  crow011  15 hours ago

Puscifer

Donkey Punch The Night
Last Post  unclejackson  15 hours ago

Music

Mike Patton - Tomahawk, Fantomas, FNM, Mr Bungle, etc
Last Post  petemasterpete  17 hours ago

Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

hellboy1975 said

Tyson said

If/when I get the PM plugin running, this will allow for ignoring users apparently.

I don't need no button to ignore people!

Besides, I love to read Tyson's posts.  I find him fascinating.  If he was closer, I would likely try to stalk him.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Your avatar really gives me the shits
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Tyson said

Careful what you wish for, Rumplebroskin - we might end up in a empty virtual room, with nothing but our own echo as company . . .

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.