Music in all its forms and styles
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

Kittaan said
New Karnivool tune The Refusal available for free d/l:

http://karnivool.com.au/exclusive-single/download.html

On first listen, I find it interesting, but it hasn't quite grabbed me fully yet.  Kind of disjointed.  Took a while for some of the tunes on Sound Awake to kick in for me, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.  Looking forward to hearing the rest.

If that guy's voice sounds the same, I'm not even giving them that... he's bad on record and sound even more annoying (however the fuck that's possible) live on stage... literally the only show I can remember walking out of... 5/6 songs, that was all.
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
oldesch
Bronco's Fan

Post by oldesch »

petemasterpete said

Kittaan said

On first listen, I find it interesting, but it hasn't quite grabbed me fully yet.  Kind of disjointed.  Took a while for some of the tunes on Sound Awake to kick in for me, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.  Looking forward to hearing the rest.

If that guy's voice sounds the same, I'm not even giving them that... he's bad on record and sound even more annoying (however the fuck that's possible) live on stage... literally the only show I can remember walking out of... 5/6 songs, that was all.

i agree. i saw them and opeth hoping one or both bands would finally "convert" me. Opeth did. Karnivool made me like them even less than before. singer is a fat slob who just stands there and swings his hair. 
petemasterpete
Lunchinator

Post by petemasterpete »

oldesch said

petemasterpete said

Kittaan said

i agree. i saw them and opeth hoping one or both bands would finally "convert" me. Opeth did. Karnivool made me like them even less than before. singer is a fat slob who just stands there and swings his hair. 

are you sure it was 'vool or are you being sarcastic... singer for 'vool is pretty tall and thin and a bit effeminate in stage presence from memory
264zn
Phony

Post by 264zn »

NYHCster said
SOAD is still one of the best live acts on the planet. plus the crowds at their shows are 70% hot chicks. Deftones brings out the hotties as well. when they both played at Jones Beach my girl was flashing me dirty looks for two hours haha. I was like a perverted old man at that show. then when the rains came? it turned into a heavily tattooed wet t-shirt contest!! but honestly, I hope this ends up on the positive side provoking Serj to move his ass.

System are up there; they played a great set in 2005 BDO. It's the only time I've seen them so have nothing to compare that experience too, but it sticks in the memory as one of my favourite afternoons at a festival. My friends went to Italy and caught there stand alone show in 2011 and said it was nuts, but could tell Serj wasn't quite at his best in terms of enthusiasm for what he was spouting. Yeah I hope this does wake him up out of his system slumber and just gives the guys a straight answer, I would like to see another album, but not one that is just for the hell of it or the old 'this is for the fans' type shit.

Deftones do bring the ladies, Pete would never admit but there was some talent at the Palace last weekend! Kinda aggressive too, which I kinda liked.  
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

264zn said

NYHCster said
SOAD is still one of the best live acts on the planet. plus the crowds at their shows are 70% hot chicks. Deftones brings out the hotties as well. when they both played at Jones Beach my girl was flashing me dirty looks for two hours haha. I was like a perverted old man at that show. then when the rains came? it turned into a heavily tattooed wet t-shirt contest!! but honestly, I hope this ends up on the positive side provoking Serj to move his ass.

System are up there; they played a great set in 2005 BDO. It's the only time I've seen them so have nothing to compare that experience too, but it sticks in the memory as one of my favourite afternoons at a festival. My friends went to Italy and caught there stand alone show in 2011 and said it was nuts, but could tell Serj wasn't quite at his best in terms of enthusiasm for what he was spouting. Yeah I hope this does wake him up out of his system slumber and just gives the guys a straight answer, I would like to see another album, but not one that is just for the hell of it or the old 'this is for the fans' type shit.

Deftones do bring the ladies, Pete would never admit but there was some talent at the Palace last weekend! Kinda aggressive too, which I kinda liked.  

not their best album but definitely their best album cover.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
petemasterpete
Lunchinator

Post by petemasterpete »

264zn said

not quite sure what you're reading into my though process, but I married a chino fangirl... I know the dillins, son

also SOAD always has and always wills be over-rated, Serj is a horrible vocalist

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

For Mog and others that care about Aussie Prog Metallers Mish:

Our first film clip will be released in coming weeks.
Also new songs and new members are rehearsing towards an upcoming show that is yet to be announced.
More news to come. Stay tuned.

N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

petemasterpete said

264zn said

not quite sure what you're reading into my though process, but I married a chino fangirl... I know the dillins, son

also SOAD always has and always wills be over-rated, Serj is a horrible vocalist

I've only seen them once but they were great at an outdoor venue, it sounded like I was listening to a CD that's how clear and tight SOAD were. maybe because the Deftones opened up and they sound like shit outdoors? their contrast is very different. Tool, from what I experienced, does not lose anything from an open outdoor set to an arena. Serj and the boys definitely impressed the hell out of me I must say. I was a born again fan after seeing them tear it down live.

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

I've seen SOAD twice and both times were terrible.

Both Cog and Amen blew them off the stage.

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I was at that BDO, and in no way did Amen blow them off the stage.  SOAD didn't live up to my expectations though, they were good but not great.  I don't even remember Cog playing that year to be honest.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

I meant SOAD's headline show at the Horden in Sydney, Cog and Amen were supporting, both had an amazing sound then SOAD came on and it sound thin as ice.

ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

Black Sabbath ’13′ Album Review
9/10

This comeback is better than anyone could have expected

http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/revie ... ight-here/
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

ziggy23 said

Black Sabbath ’13′ Album Review
9/10

This comeback is better than anyone could have expected

http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/revie ... ight-here/

Nice. I'll definitely be checking it out.

Don't mow your lawn
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I have a hard time believing that album is a 9, but then again I don't think any Sabbath album is a 9.  I'll definitely give it a listen though, which is probably what the reviewer is going for.
Hey! Denty!
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Yeah like metal hammer would ever to an impartial review, come on
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Tyson said
Yeah like metal hammer would ever to an impartial review, come on

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

^ My reaction exactly.  Too much Bluth over the past couple of weeks.
Ki77aan :twisted:
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

KURT COBAIN’S GRANDFATHER LELAND COBAIN PASSES AWAY

Leland Cobain, Kurt Cobain’s grandfather, died yesterday in Montesano. He was 89 years old. GrungeReport.net sends its best wishes to the Cobain family. Cobain frequently communicated with fans of his grandson and Nirvana, exchanging letters and inviting fans into his home to discuss Kurt. Leland was the only member of the Cobain family who stated that he believed Kurt was murdered.

http://grungereport.net/?p=25743

- You like noisy music?
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

Ministry announce final live DVD ‘Enjoy The Quiet – Live At Wacken 2012′ 

‘Enjoy The Quiet’ will be released in a number of different formats including: a Deluxe Digipack DVD + 2CD (bonus CD: Wacken 2006), a Standard Jewel Case CD, Blu-ray, Vinyl LP, Digital Download (audio), Digital Download (3 video tracks) and Direct To Consumer “D2C” Package with DVD/CD plus special BOX package with bonus content (merchandise etc).

http://www.terrorizer.com/2013/05/30/mi ... cken-2012/
- You like noisy music?
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

New track Down There from Aussie badn The Nerve out now.  For those that don't know the band features the singer from Mammal and the drummer from Cog.  Enjoy!

http://thenerveaustralia.bandcamp.com/album/down-there
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Round one goes to The Occupants
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Tyson said

I'd strongly disagree
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

Tyson said

Yes, the Occupants is growing on me. The second snippet sounds a lot more promising. As for 'The Nerve', the singer sounds like some sort of Bon Scott wannabe with pisshead music.

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

doors said 
Yes, the Occupants is growing on me. The second snippet sounds a lot more promising. As for 'The Nerve', the singer sounds like some sort of Bon Scott wannabe with pisshead music.

That suits me over pretentious electro rock any day
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Dave Lombardo has been officially replaced with Paul Bostaph.
Don't mow your lawn