Fibonacci Sequence on LP

The Main Event
Fleshwound
Maynard Believer

Post by Fleshwound »

Hello guys and gals, my name is Jacob, and this is my first post on the Fourtheye forums. I have enjoyed the great discussion you all have here.
I recently got into Vinyl and have thoroughly enjoyed Pink Floyd's The Wall, Dark Side of the Moon and Wish You Were Here. I am looking to get into some of Tool's LP's since their music already sounds absolutely amazing on ipod/CD. I can only imagine what it will sound like on LP.

I am here today because I am looking for an album that I believe does not exist. Lateralus in the Fibonacci sequence on LP! I am looking to purchase this album, but all the ones I have found are in the original order! This really deters me from making the purchase as I have been listening to the album in Fibonacci sequence for years now. Anyone that has listened to this holy sequence knows that there is no other way to listen to the album.

Anyone heard of this LP? Does it exists?
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Fleshwound said
Hello guys and gals, my name is Jacob, and this is my first post on the Fourtheye forums. I have enjoyed the great discussion you all have here.
I recently got into Vinyl and have thoroughly enjoyed Pink Floyd's The Wall, Dark Side of the Moon and Wish You Were Here. I am looking to get into some of Tool's LP's since their music already sounds absolutely amazing on ipod/CD. I can only imagine what it will sound like on LP.

I am here today because I am looking for an album that I believe does not exist. Lateralus in the Fibonacci sequence on LP! I am looking to purchase this album, but all the ones I have found are in the original order! This really deters me from making the purchase as I have been listening to the album in Fibonacci sequence for years now. Anyone that has listened to this holy sequence knows that there is no other way to listen to the album.

Anyone heard of this LP? Does it exists?

Tyson, go back to work.

On the off chance that you're not Tyson/a troll, I'll go ahead and answer this for you: No, because no.

Welcome to FE.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Not me, there's no humour in it.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Tyson said
Not me, there's no humour in it.

Well, there is: The kind of humour where you walk down the street and you see a midget.

With Down's Syndrome.

See, funny, but not really in a way you'd tell others about.

not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Well now I guess in penance we need pictures of Jacob's mum, sister and hot aunts.

Stat

Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

I think you're going to make a name for yourself around here son
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I've listened to the album in a range of orders.  I can see some sense in alternate orders, but I can't say that there's any particular one that stands out as being any better than the original.

I've never seen one for sale though - it'd be a bootleg I'd imagine.  
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

And let's not forget that we're not in the Infinity forum, so lets keep this On Topic
Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

hellboy1975 said
I've listened to the album in a range of orders.  I can see some sense in alternate orders, but I can't say that there's any particular one that stands out as being any better than the original.

Is this what the kids call Lateralus w/ the alternate tracklisting??
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

@ Crow - So glad I wasn't drinking milk when I read your post.

Back on topic - @ Fleshwound - WTF, are you sure your wound wasn't more serious, like brain related?  No, there is no Vinyl in that sequence.  The members of Tool have already stated that the way they intended us to hear Lateralus is the way they released it.  Get a life.

Oh, and Welcome to Fourtheye! 
Ki77aan :twisted:
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Bogart said

hellboy1975 said

Is this what the kids call Lateralus w/ the alternate tracklisting??

"The Holy Gift", if I recall correctly.

Which was also promptly dismissed as being a thing by the band, people related to the band, people who know people who have something to do with the band, and people with functioning synapses.

Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

^Just like the Wings/10K Days/Vigniti Tres combo that some fans just looovveee to say is the "real version/hidden track".

Anyone ever heard it, by the way? It's awful.
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I don't really see any problem with these reorders, overlays, etc.  I don't believe for a second that the band plans them at all, nor does it bother me that people want to search for these "mysteries".  I don't see it as a sign that some one is an idiot.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Ravenpig said
^Just like the Wings/10K Days/Vigniti Tres combo that some fans just looovveee to say is the "real version/hidden track".

Anyone ever heard it, by the way? It's awful.

Yeah, I never understood what people saw in that. It didn't mesh at all, it just sounded like two songs played simultaneously.

On the other hand, I accidentally did that with Puscifer's Man Overboard once and it actually sounded kinda cool. There was a slight delay between the beginning of each song and I've never been able to replicate it.

Don't mow your lawn
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

I hope Jacob doesn't take all this ribbing too seriously.  He said he's been lurking, so I assume he knows that we are all basically a bunch of assholes.  Especially Tyson.  I can't really emphasize that too much.  Seriously.  Asshole.  

Yep.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

All this talk of rearranging songs on the albums, I've taken it further, I won't go into much detail because the mathematical equations I've used would probably go over all your heads not to mention the occult knowledge one must process/possess, but suffice to say not only do you have to arrange songs differently on the albums, you actually have to rearrange tracks from all their other albums COMBINED to get the full holy trinity, a select few from each one, think the jokers card with ICP, there is a pattern, one that I've calculated which will culminate with the new album, transcending those with I's that see (remember that one, it's an essential clue ) into/outto/unto a new plane of existence, enlightenment and being, but I've already said too much.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

^ Case in point.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

I'm sorry Kittaan but I can't live the button-down life like you. I want it all: the terrifying lows, the dizzying highs, the creamy middles. Sure, I might offend a few of the bluenoses with my cocky stride and musky odors - oh, I'll never be the darling of the so-called "Moderators" who cluck their tongues, stroke their beards, and talk about "What's to be done with this Tyson of fourtheye?"
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

hellboy1975 said
I don't really see any problem with these reorders, overlays, etc.  I don't believe for a second that the band plans them at all, nor does it bother me that people want to search for these "mysteries".  I don't see it as a sign that some one is an idiot.

It doesn't exactly paint such people as being "all there", if you know what I mean.

I've always thought that if rearranging the track order categorically made the album "better", than that order would've been adopted by the band in the first place. Track order can be pretty important when judging an album as a whole.

It's not like they record the songs, put the names of the songs on bits of paper, shove them up their asses, and fart them out; all in order to come up with a track order.

I mean, they no doubt did something similar with basically everything to do with "10,000 DAYS", but most likely not with the track order for "LATERALUS".
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Somethings are stranger than fiction though

http://puddlegum.net/radiohead-01-and-10/

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Old, and legit.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Is it legit though?

Sounds fucking great all the same, doubt tool could pull it off, but then again radiohead were always the better band
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

The comments in that article are brilliant, they really know what's up

http://www.martop.net maRtO

I think it’s smething wrong about the songs order. I’m begining to feel like a Tool fan.

With those spelling mistakes mate, you're well on your way

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

The Boss said

hellboy1975 said

It doesn't exactly paint such people as being "all there", if you know what I mean.

I'm not sure if I do know what you mean.  Even the smartest among us read into things stuff that isn't there from time to time.  There's a range of reasons why, some rational, others not so.  Tool have gone a long way towards building some kind of mystique around the band, and while not all of us buy into it, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that fans will attempt to find the same in their music.

The implication from your comments is that someone who does so is mentally deficient in some way, and I disagree.  Chances are some just got high and thought playing with the track order was a good idea and things spiralled out from there.  (Not to say that isn't the case with the OP - I don't know them from a bar of soap).

I've always thought that if rearranging the track order categorically made the album "better", than that order would've been adopted by the band in the first place. Track order can be pretty important when judging an album as a whole.

It's not like they record the songs, put the names of the songs on bits of paper, shove them up their asses, and fart them out; all in order to come up with a track order.

I mean, they no doubt did something similar with basically everything to do with "10,000 DAYS", but most likely not with the track order for "LATERALUS".

Well, with "better" in inverted comma you're obviously acknowledging that everyone's concept of "better" is different.  Certainly you can argue the definitive order of the tracks is how the band intended it, but "better" is obviously subjective.

not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

I maybe remember this wrong but I'm pretty sure when lateralus was released that night we had uni students studying math calling up talking about alternative track listings due to the fibonacci sequence and alternate album tracks, as it was Kingsmall hosting so I'm sure it was the JJJ files