Australian and New Zealand Tool dates confirmed

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

mogeffingmog said
Biggest project of their lives?  I wouldn't exactly call Puscifer, M.T. Void, or Volto big projects.  But maybe when you add all three together....uh....yeah....

You think Justin was referring to something other than Tool when he mad that statement?
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Tyson said
$135.85?

Ouch

I'm thinking about buying some online just so I can sell them for double later. I need the cash, and TOOL fans are idiots.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
in_the_blender
Bronco's Fan

Post by in_the_blender »

crow011 said

Tyson said
$135.85?

Ouch

I'm thinking about buying some online just so I can sell them for double later. I need the cash, and TOOL fans are idiots.

Thats not a bad idea...
spiral2spiral
Bronco's Fan

Post by spiral2spiral »

Very interesting approach to the promoter's presale this time around - guess they learnt the lesson from the melbourne clusterfuck last time!

MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

hellboy1975 said

mogeffingmog said
Biggest project of their lives?  I wouldn't exactly call Puscifer, M.T. Void, or Volto big projects.  But maybe when you add all three together....uh....yeah....

You think Justin was referring to something other than Tool when he mad that statement?

No I imagine he was talking about Tool.  I was being an asshole and having a good time doing it.  Peeps damn near busting a nut over what amounts to basically nothing.  This entire new album fiasco is borderline amateur hour from what is supposed to be a group of professional musicians.  The smoke and mirror act has run it's course, for me at least.

No rants left in me.  But I am gonna call bullshit when I see it.  Plenty of Tool love around here from others to counterbalance anything I have to say.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Just heard back from Blair this morning.  He doesn't know if there are any Toolarmy presales at this stage, but will try and find out.  In the meantime for anyone who didn't read the fine print there is a pre-sale for Frontier members.  All you need to do is register on their website, something I suggest all of you, especially in Sydney and Melbourne do well before the pre-sale date (the 14th Feb).

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

mogeffingmog said

hellboy1975 said

mogeffingmog said

No I imagine he was talking about Tool.  I was being an asshole and having a good time doing it.  Peeps damn near busting a nut over what amounts to basically nothing.  This entire new album fiasco is borderline amateur hour from what is supposed to be a group of professional musicians.  The smoke and mirror act has run it's course, for me at least.

No rants left in me.  But I am gonna call bullshit when I see it.  Plenty of Tool love around here from others to counterbalance anything I have to say.

I suspect they've had the album recorded for, like, five years, and are just trolling us to keep up the image of OMGTOOL IS SO SEW MISTERIOUS LOL.

I find the whole Blair bullshit and the shroud of secrecy to be the most juvenile part of the band. It's so fucking stupid. If THE MELVINS did that to their fans, they'd be laughed out of existence.

I don't know why TOOL can get away with it. Oh right - they release two amazing albums over a decade ago, and they ride on the fanboi's love.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

At least they're staying true to their convictions rather than changing the MO at the whim of it's ageing fanbase.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

hellboy1975 said
At least they're staying true to their convictions rather than changing the MO at the whim of it's ageing fanbase.

Ha ha, good point.

ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

hellboy1975 said

dipshit said
A few thoughts: the first of these shows could be the first time we hear a new song unless an album comes out before then. The last of these shows could confirm that no new material is ready by that time, unless Mr Maynard says something on stage about the new shit.

We all know we ain't getting any new songs, regardless of what Danny says.

Hmm...the obvious, yet safe, "downplayit" ploy...I see....not checkmate but safe...
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
Busty McCracken

Post by Busty McCracken »

hellboy1975 said
Just heard back from Blair this morning.  He doesn't know if there are any Toolarmy presales at this stage, but will try and find out.  In the meantime for anyone who didn't read the fine print there is a pre-sale for Frontier members.  All you need to do is register on their website, something I suggest all of you, especially in Sydney and Melbourne do well before the pre-sale date (the 14th Feb).

Why thank you good sir..

As far as whinging about tour/album etc.. Fuck it, I dig em live, so I'll take every chance I get. Feel sorry for any cunt that's so sour it ruins their day.. 

toolniz
Maynard Believer

Post by toolniz »

hellboy1975 said

Tyson said
$135.85?

Ouch

Not sure that the price would come as a surprise to anyone.

I'm kind of surprised, as tickets for the US tour last year were around $50

Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

135 dollars?? does  anyone know why this might be justified? seem disgustinlgy overpriced to me.Im not doubting the integrity of tools live show here but i went to see the phantom of the opera performed at her majesty theatre in london last weekend and including the cast,stagehands and the orchestra there must of been over 100 people involved.It was a stunning live performence that cost the equivalent of about 60 dollars. How the fuck tool justifys that price per ticket is beyond me.

Ive never seen them live before and i cant wait until i get the chance to do but if they are going for that price il be giving it a miss for sure.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Im starting to see why the pillow thing bothered people.They really are milking that cash cow arent they.They must be gutted they couldnt find a suitable venue to play christchurch.
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

$135 and they'll still sell every seat. Genius.
SteveBobSteve
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Not genius's.Theres just a lot of dumb fucks that make people look like genius's.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

ToolUser said
Not genius's.Theres just a lot of dumb fucks that make people look like genius's.

lol, geniuses

Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

fuck sake I even typed geniuses then deleted the e an put a '
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

This is a good example here,im making tyson look smart!

petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

regarding the price, it's not surprising in the least for an Aussie concert ticket... most, if not all international major bands that play here charge $100 plus for a gig here... radiohead, tool and even soundgarden tix have all been priced at 130+... even most mid -level bands are charging double the US price of admission... deftones here were 70-ish and I'd never spent more than $30 for one of their tickets in the states... think tomahawk were about 70 as well... no way they go for that in the state
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Is it cos aussies are a bunch of mugs?
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

It's because we have a great economy, the cost of living here is outrageous
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

ToolUser said
Is it cos aussies are a bunch of mugs?

Probably, but the price is mainly due to the tyranny of distance and it's effect on taking their stage rig halfway across the world, as well as the strength of the economy relative to the US.  As Pete pointed out, a $100+ ticket to any large international act is pretty normal.  From memory the price was similar for sideshows back in 2011, and were around $90 when they played back in 2002.

It's on the expensive end of rock concert ticket prices, that's for sure, but it's not unreasonable for an Australian show in my opinion.
lipanconjuring
of Arimathea

Post by lipanconjuring »

"Fun?" "Looking forward to?" In the context of Tool? Wow, who killed Maynard and pretended to be him for that interview?
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

toolniz said

hellboy1975 said

Tyson said
$135.85?

Ouch

Not sure that the price would come as a surprise to anyone.

I'm kind of surprised, as tickets for the US tour last year were around $50

Try $80.