Discuss Maynard and Billy's side project
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Re: APC Box set coming in December

Post by petemasterpete »

ilikecheese wrote:
petemasterpete wrote:
king wrote:This DVD better be ALL REGION. If i buy this thing and it doesnt work here in Europe i'l die.

Do you think it will be? Feckin better. :)

Pucifer and APC DVDS in Nov, Im gonna o.d.on wine when they arrive.
you can stick most objects into all orifices of Cheese's fat mom
I heard that.
Sure you did ...I've been told that she's a real screamer!
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

I'm going to say, limited to 20,000.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Not Tyson wrote:I'm going to say, limited to 20,000.
You can say that if you want, but limited to 20,000 seems like a stupid figure to me. I doubt they'd sell that many even if they said it wasn't limited.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

hellboy wrote:
Not Tyson wrote:I'm going to say, limited to 20,000.
You can say that if you want, but limited to 20,000 seems like a stupid figure to me. I doubt they'd sell that many even if they said it wasn't limited.
Yeah, well, d29e3a9fc387786237d2008765dd1108 to you buddy!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

the chill wrote:My guess is that the "Three-Sixty" album might not even be A Perfect Circle. Everything on Amazon has APC with an A in the name. I just says Perfect Circle for that album. I looked and saw a shitty looking band that was called Perfect Circle. Just my two cents. Honestly won't know till they say something on the website.

Edit: That shitty band I miss read on iTunes. The album was called perfect circle. My bad but it still has all APC stuff with an A. Don't know till we hear something. :)
Clicking the artist takes you to A Perfect Circle's stuff.

I think it wasn't supposed to go up today. Amazon just fucked up and displayed that page early.

Someone could always fire off an email to Amazon and ask them what's up.
Don't mow your lawn
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

Dee
Vee
Dee

I can't get past that- It's 2013... still. Can't wait for the hi-fidelity VHS/Beta tape to come out and watch it on my tube TV.
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

It's 2013 and I still use vinyl. I must be a massive dick!
bulkhead72
Maynard Believer

Post by bulkhead72 »

I don't post often, but just wanted to chime in and say that judging from the photos, I am very disappointed with this box set. If that's the final artwork, then god help us all. It looks very cheap and the frame looks hideous. Also, $150 is a ridiculous price for what we are getting. DVD in 2013? Give me a break.

Look at what bands like NIN and Porcupine Tree/Steven Wilson give their fans when it comes to deluxe edition packaging/content. Always high quality stuff.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Ki77aan :twisted:
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Maynard is such a manlet
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Kittaan wrote:Image
The whole thing looks like it's from a late-90s adventure game.
Don't mow your lawn
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Not Tyson wrote:Image
HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that should be your last post, that's your masterpiece. go out on top bro.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:
Not Tyson wrote:Image
HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that should be your last post, that's your masterpiece. go out on top bro.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Another Jimmy cash grab. I suppose I am happy that Billy is going to make some money. Always seemed like a nice dude. But yeah like I said earlier, big fat PASS for me on this one.
bulkhead72 wrote:I don't post often, but just wanted to chime in and say that judging from the photos, I am very disappointed with this box set. If that's the final artwork, then god help us all. It looks very cheap and the frame looks hideous. Also, $150 is a ridiculous price for what we are getting. DVD in 2013? Give me a break.

Look at what bands like NIN and Porcupine Tree/Steven Wilson give their fans when it comes to deluxe edition packaging/content. Always high quality stuff.
^ +1 Truth on PT/SW always coming with the good shit. Steven Wilson is all class. Maynard is a pretentious douche.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

hellboy wrote:Someone sent me this link which has some audio from the album. Is it just me or is the mix fucking awful?
[BBvideo]http://www.youtube.com/embed/XbY5-2nV5ws[/BBvideo]
I messaged surdert as soon as I saw the video. it's not the official audio, it's the same performace that will be on the cd. I have this recording, it's an IEM recording. My question is.. Why the fuck did they decide to release a live cd from their worst tour? why not something from 2000-2004? This is going to be awful. I can upload a sample on The Hollow. Maynard can't sing shit.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

Will upload the whole thing tomorrow.
apc2010-11-08 Mer Der Noms show. Is it ok if I share the link in this thread HB?
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

Anybody who doesn't like it that cool and that's your opinion. I just think it funny to me that everybody bitches that Tool or APC doesn't come out with any live material. When APC finally does it is shit. Come on guys. Yeah the price is high and the 2010 and 2011 tours weren't as good as 2000-2004 but to have every APC song live is pretty awesome to me. I saw them in 03 and 04. I saw them in 10 and 11 and I had a hell of a time. Counting bodies like sheep is probably one of the best songs that I have ever heard live. It was so powerful! I was 2nd row on the isle and in San Diego out door amphitheater and that show was very close to almost better then 03 and 04. I guess being that close made it ever more special. Also to finally have a good quality version of Dairy of a Love Song makes me stoked.

Anyways you are all intittled to your opinion on it being over price or a shitty box. But to complain that it's DVD and not the live shows that you wanted it pretty silly to me. We don't know why they choose the newer show but maybe they didn't like how the recordings of the old shows went down and were better prepared to record the new shows. I am not a huge fan of emotive but it's a big deal to me to have all of Mer De Noms and 13 Step live on a cd. Blu ray is great and I try and get most of my stuff on it but its not like DVD is so shitty. Most of the TV shows that my wife and I buy are just DVD cuz they are cheaper and it looks great on our Blu ray player and big flat screen.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I just realized that its live performances of their albums and not their albums. That's pretty neat.
Hey! Denty!
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

the chill wrote:Anybody who doesn't like it that cool and that's your opinion. I just think it funny to me that everybody bitches that Tool or APC doesn't come out with any live material. When APC finally does it is shit. Come on guys. Yeah the price is high and the 2010 and 2011 tours weren't as good as 2000-2004 but to have every APC song live is pretty awesome to me. I saw them in 03 and 04. I saw them in 10 and 11 and I had a hell of a time. Counting bodies like sheep is probably one of the best songs that I have ever heard live. It was so powerful! I was 2nd row on the isle and in San Diego out door amphitheater and that show was very close to almost better then 03 and 04. I guess being that close made it ever more special. Also to finally have a good quality version of Dairy of a Love Song makes me stoked.

Anyways you are all intittled to your opinion on it being over price or a shitty box. But to complain that it's DVD and not the live shows that you wanted it pretty silly to me. We don't know why they choose the newer show but maybe they didn't like how the recordings of the old shows went down and were better prepared to record the new shows. I am not a huge fan of emotive but it's a big deal to me to have all of Mer De Noms and 13 Step live on a cd. Blu ray is great and I try and get most of my stuff on it but its not like DVD is so shitty. Most of the TV shows that my wife and I buy are just DVD cuz they are cheaper and it looks great on our Blu ray player and big flat screen.
Well said. However I still think it is just a cash grab but I get why it would be worth it to some fans. It is certainly a better value than the Opiate re-release at that price point. I personally don't care much about live CD's so it doesn't add much value for me. I would happily buy the Live DVD if they actually sold the fucking thing by itself. Still don't understand why they haven't released By and Down as a proper single digitally.

I do agree though with the sentiment that given the price tag, this SHOULD be in High Def on Blu Ray. DVD was the cheap option and Maynard and Company took it because they knew they could and most of you sorry sons of bitches would buy it regardless.

I have pissed on your Maynard parade enough times so I am going to sit this one out. Enjoy the release and the live Puscifer DVD. Glad you Jimmy fans are finally getting some new shit to jerk it too.
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

For sure. It is way more worth it then the opiate re-release and I do hope they release this stuff individually. Because guess what APC there is a thing called the Internet and all that shit will be on it from day one. So release some cheaper stuff so you can make more money.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

D V FUCKING D.

Would be funny if they just caught everything off YouTube camera phones and plastered it altogether. Also would explain the no BRD (to some extent anyways). :/
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

MOG wrote:I have pissed on your Maynard parade enough times so I am going to sit this one out.
Priceless.

This has been an amusing thread for several reasons.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Ettan wrote:Will upload the whole thing tomorrow.
apc2010-11-08 Mer Der Noms show. Is it ok if I share the link in this thread HB?
Yes you may