Forum Color

Discuss the peculiarities of the forum. Feedback, complaints, suggestions are all welcome.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Crow doesn't like white for the forum.  I like it, but I figured this would be a good way to find out other users' opinions (plus it gives me an excuse to try out the poll function).  So vote for one of the colors below, if you don't like any of the colors presented or have a better idea vote other and post what you'd prefer.  This is just for my own curiosity and as such there's no guarantee that any change will be enacted because of this poll.

[sp_show_poll id=" 2"]

Don't mow your lawn
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

White? Seriously? Who the fuck is voting for white?

It's like staring into a light. Ugh.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

eggplant
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

Is it possible to let the user decide their own colors for headers, text boxes, and other areas?

I have been to other forums where it is possible.  Some are basic (just header or text area), some are more advanced to include every area on the page.

I voted for black, but wouldn't mind a darker gray.  I don't like being blinded by white pages as it strains my eyes.
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

bigboy55693 said
Is it possible to let the user decide their own colors for headers, text boxes, and other areas?

Maybe, there's a couple of ways that one can go about doing this.  From a personal level most browsers had add ons that let you define your own style for any website.  Second option is that I modify the site in some way that allows you to select your own css.  Both those options are good and well, but to be honest I don't have the time nor the artistic skill to be creating a bunch of css styles.  If someone wants to volunteer to create some, then I'm all ears. 

I voted for black, but wouldn't mind a darker gray.  I don't like being blinded by white pages as it strains my eyes.

This is a useful thread, and I am taking notice.  I certainly have no issue with changing the overall look of the site, and a darker grey is certainly one option that I like.  The color of the site at the moment is pretty much the default one, as both the Wordpress and Simplepress themes are the ones out of the both (with a couple of minor changes)

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Sweet, 'cause I went with grey.

Black is a bit much. We want Fourtheye to still be the warm, yet serious, inviting marketplace of discussion that it undoubtedly is known for throughout the Inforsuper Webs Highwaynet(TM).
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I'm surprised there hasn't been any votes for hot pink.  I would've thought at least one person would have thrown away their vote on that.

Don't mow your lawn
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Tyson doesn't get online until tomorrow.
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

I only went with black b/c I am so metal and its the most environmentally sound computer display color.

All votes for other colors go towards killing baby turtles and seals.

HB, I'm looking at the simple press plug-in page.  There is a "Language & Theme Switcher" that would appear to allow us to change some "pre-determined fields that you setup".  Are you currently running any sort of variation of this?
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

bigboy55693 said 

HB, I'm looking at the simple press plug-in page.  There is a "Language & Theme Switcher" that would appear to allow us to change some "per-determined fields that you setup".  Are you currently running any sort of variation of this?

Not currently but I'll look into it.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

bigboy55693 said
I only went with black b/c I am so metal and its the most environmentally sound computer display color.

I'll go ahead and +1 this.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

how about we submit examples of other sites with pleasant color schemes then go from there 

strike that...black text on white background

where there is not a text box, it's either red or black-

it must be striking-look at imdb cnn espn other sites...they stand out,

so flush that light blue and just darker than light blue shit right down the drain and liven the shit UP!
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

cheese said

how about we submit examples of other sites with pleasant color schemes then go from there 

Feel free to do that, from a technical perspective though it's not always that straightforward.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

I"m going to stick with the black text white background (or a light background-doesn't have to be straight white) and the red and black extra colors...the current scheme washes out together--in other words the colors are too light and blend together too much making it seem too bright...imo...there's not enough contrast to me...
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Seems we have a tie.
Don't mow your lawn
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Strange - didn't realise the answer was so "black and white".

Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week.
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

crow011 said

bigboy55693 said

I'll go ahead and +1 this.

shame on the both of you... clubbing baby seals may be completely appropriate, but turtles... Jesus H... I LIKE TURTLES!

well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Eh, this world is so fucked up, maybe clubbing turtles is the way to go.

/me washes hands