Australian and New Zealand Tool dates confirmed

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Reading the paper this morning, and was surprised to see there was a full page ad:

Brendan
Bronco's Fan

Post by Brendan »

Holy fuck...was not expecting to see Tool again for years, let alone a solo show in Adelaide.
spiral2spiral
Bronco's Fan

Post by spiral2spiral »

Guess since we've not heard by now, there will be no Toolarmy presale

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

spiral2spiral said
Guess since we've not heard by now, there will be no Toolarmy presale

I asked Blair, he didn't know if there would be one, so I tend to agree it's unlikely.

On a good note though, the Frontier pre-sale has personalised passwords, which should make it a little more scalper resistant - make sure you all sign up for that.  There will be a tour specific page going up on Fourtheye later today with all the ticket details.
spiral2spiral
Bronco's Fan

Post by spiral2spiral »

Is a bit of a let down - I mean, let's be honest, the odd bit of merch aside, how often do we enjoy the benefit's of our Toolarmy memberships?

I genuinely am only in it because I love the band, but it's a bit annoying that this is the sort of benefit that, when I signed up, I pretty much expected would be par for the course... 

Anyway, not belly-aching too much.Still just too happy at the epic slew of gigs over the next few months.

Allphones will sell out, no doubt, but over hours, not minutes. Doubt I'll miss out there... ... It's my trip down to Adelaide that worries me... (and frankly, after the 2011 pre-sale clusterfuck, and the colossal Radiohead pre-sale ballsup, I have very little faith in ticketing agency/promoter pre-sales... Still, you are right, individal passwords will help)

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

spiral2spiral said 
Allphones will sell out, no doubt, but over hours, not minutes. Doubt I'll miss out there... ... It's my trip down to Adelaide that worries me... (and frankly, after the 2011 pre-sale clusterfuck, and the colossal Radiohead pre-sale ballsup, I have very little faith in ticketing agency/promoter pre-sales... Still, you are right, individal passwords will help)

Adelaide will be fine - it didn't sell out there last time on the Lateralus tour, so I'm not sure it'll sell out this time either.

Still, I'd be making sure I'd get a ticket for any of the shows during the pre-sale.

As to the integrity of the ticketing agency, I tend to agree.  Hopefully it'll go a little smoother this time, but it will come as no surprise to me if it's still a shitfight, especially Sydney and Melbourne.  I can't see anyone in Brisbane or Adelaide having a problem getting a ticket provided they're organised enough to buy shortly after they go on sale.

May be an Adelaide Fourtheye meetup as well, should enough people travel across for the show (and I hear a few that are planning to come across).  And why wouldn't you want to come to Adelaide - Tool have a track record of putting on great shows for us, and the venue is the smallest of the whole tour (capacity of 8,000 while the rest are all 14,000+).
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

in_the_blender said

crow011 said

Tyson said
$135.85?

Ouch

I'm thinking about buying some online just so I can sell them for double later. I need the cash, and TOOL fans are idiots.

Thats not a bad idea...

I'll take two
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
spiral2spiral
Bronco's Fan

Post by spiral2spiral »

Tool have a track record of putting on great shows for us, and the venue is the smallest of the whole tour (capacity of 8,000 while the rest are all 14,000+).

Which is precisely why the misses and I are trekking across from Sydney, despite the fact we'll have a 3 week old baby by then :p We figure it's the most intimate show we'll get from Tool from this point onwards.

(Also, alongside Sydney, we did Brisbane and Melbourne in 2011, and Melbourne in 2007, so nice to mix it up a little....NZ was on the cards also, but that whole "responsible parent" schtick put the kibosh on that!)
spiral2spiral
Bronco's Fan

Post by spiral2spiral »

Quote fail!
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

presale passwords are individually crafted, indeed
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
264zn
Phony

Post by 264zn »

Was a little surprised at how expensive the tickets were, but as most people have already outlined...tool have a shit load of gear to shift over to Aussie/NZ and big bands are just charging that much more. Hopefully it makes it easier for me to get a ticket! I think this will mean I will be heading to the Melbourne (which is about to become home in two weeks) and I won't be able to do Sydney...which was on the cards. BUT still I'll get to see Puscifer, APC and tool within a few months...and it has been a FUCKING long time coming.

Anyone else heading to Puscifer in Melbourne? I got row G but on the wall (seats 45, 46 I think) at the left hand side, hoping my view will still be OK since I'm that close to the stage, anyone been to this theatre before?
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Rumour going around that Boris will be the support.  I'd be amazed (and excited) if that were true.

Just did some research, and Boris are already play in the US in April, so definitely not true sadly.
petemasterpete
Lunchinator

Post by petemasterpete »

264zn said
Was a little surprised at how expensive the tickets were, but as most people have already outlined...tool have a shit load of gear to shift over to Aussie/NZ and big bands are just charging that much more. Hopefully it makes it easier for me to get a ticket! I think this will mean I will be heading to the Melbourne (which is about to become home in two weeks) and I won't be able to do Sydney...which was on the cards. BUT still I'll get to see Puscifer, APC and tool within a few months...and it has been a FUCKING long time coming.

Anyone else heading to Puscifer in Melbourne? I got row G but on the wall (seats 45, 46 I think) at the left hand side, hoping my view will still be OK since I'm that close to the stage, anyone been to this theatre before?

not attending personally but my wife and mate are sitting in row F 46-47 just in front of you it would appear
264zn
Phony

Post by 264zn »

petemasterpete said

264zn said

not attending personally but my wife and mate are sitting in row F 46-47 just in front of you it would appear

Oh really, why are you not attending? Have you been to this venue before? Well fingers crossed the seats are OK, to be honest I'm just stoked to be there! I had a friend get me these tickets while I was in Africa and had no chance of getting to a comptuer.

petemasterpete
Lunchinator

Post by petemasterpete »

yeah, venue is cool... old theater, decent sound but no drinks in theater area itself.  Also, no standing, EVER, on the lower bowl balcony.  All the seats are good though.

going to Tomahawk the night before... a fair amount of shows to attend in short time, two kids and work so we split up for the gigs this time around.  Live west of the city and work east so Kilda is a bit of a pain in the ass transport wise on a weeknight.  Generally speaking, anything Patton is definitely my thing over anything non-tool related.