Will Ticketek be your Valentine?

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Tool fans are romantics at heart, and while some are aiming for a little Prison Sex later on this evening, others will be sitting by their computers at lunch time hoping to obtain good tickets for the upcoming Tool Tour. Today's presale starts at 12noon at the venues local time. Hopefully you have each signed up on the Frontier website to register for your presale code, and you've also registered an account on Ticketek (Ticketmaster for NZ). If you haven't done both those things and are hoping to get a presale ticket - do so now! For more information on sales visit our Tour page.

In case anyone was still holding their breath - it doesn't appear that a Toolarmy presale will be happening. Hopefully the Frontier one will do the job for most of you. Personally, I like the fact that they've given each user a unique code, so I hope this will enable less purchasing of tickets by scalpers, and more for Tool fans. We shall see!

Personally, I think if you live in Adelaide or Brisbane, you shouldn't have too many problems getting a ticket if you're organised. Sydney and Melbourne might be a different kettle of fish though - I expect both of these shows to sell fast, so urge those of you looking for tickets in these cities to be organised. Don't rely on their being second shows in either of these towns (even though the schedule could fit them in if required).

If you miss out on the presale, don't fret - there will be more tickets available at the public sale. I will also open a ticket trading thread on the forum.

Good luck to all of you!

not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Don't you generally get better seats in the normal sale rather than the presale? (Assuming you're fast enough that is)
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Tyson said
Don't you generally get better seats in the normal sale rather than the presale? (Assuming you're fast enough that is)

Depends on what seats have been allocated.  I expect a range of seats from all levels will be on offer for the pre-sale.  If you're really fussy over where you sit, it may be worth waiting for the public sale (presuming you can't get seats you like in the presale).  I expect most people are interested in GA though.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

I'm not standing with the filthy unwashed metal fans.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

I would suggest to all those planning on getting tickets at the box office for the Sydney show to line up AT THE VERY LEAST two hours before it opens.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Hopefully no one is lining up for the presales, as they're online only...
Calfium Jay
Geacon

Post by Calfium Jay »

I have signed up - so where do I go to get a ticket? Frontier Touring Company site or Ticketek site? I have a feeling I'm going to be scrambling around at 2 minutes to twelve freaking out and not knowing where to go!!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Once logged into the Frontier site, make sure you're on the Tool page and you should see a presale section on the right half of the screen. Click on the show you're buying for, and there should be a link to the appropriate ticket agency. I'd make sure you're logged into both Frontier and Ticketek/Ticketmaster before the sale.
rimb
My pain is just an excuse

Post by rimb »

Well that was nice and easy. 3 GA tickets for Melbourne secured!

Can't wait. Best concert I've ever seen was Tool (with the Melvins) at Rod Laver Arena on April 27, 2002 so hopefully history can repeat itself!
264zn
Phony

Post by 264zn »

SWEEEEEEEEEEET! Got me a standing ticket for Melbourne, was pretty quick and easy I must say...better be a fucking good show though, 145 aussie bucks is a lot of coin when you don't have a job!
Calfium Jay
Geacon

Post by Calfium Jay »

I couldn't get General Admission (typical). But got me some side seats in section 17. Oh well.

Sitting down aint so bad. At least I'm not all the way up the back!
Sprout
Bronco's Fan

Post by Sprout »

For Brisbane, anyone know if SG31C is floor seats, or is it raised a bit?
Which would be better SG31C or S38? Got both.
sawbuck
Maynard Believer

Post by sawbuck »

Sprout said
For Brisbane, anyone know if SG31C is floor seats, or is it raised a bit?
Which would be better SG31C or S38? Got both.

there should be a venue map on the ticketek page.

See youse in GA11 in Brissy, I'll be the guy with the beard and huge pupils. Might even have an extra or 2 if anyone needs one.

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Calfium Jay said
I couldn't get General Admission (typical). But got me some side seats in section 17. Oh well.

Sitting down aint so bad. At least I'm not all the way up the back!

Surprised you couldn't get GA - I did a quick check to see if I could get GA's for both Sydney and Melbourne and didn't have any problems.

That said, the GA allocation in both seems exhausted now.
Hotdog
Fanboi

Post by Hotdog »

If people put tickets in their basket, then find they have a problem like no money in their CC or something, then the tickets are put back into sale. Thats how we got awesome gold seats near the front last tour in Melb, half hour AFTER they sold out!
Sprout
Bronco's Fan

Post by Sprout »

There is but it's a bit of a weird spot, can't tell if it's too low or it's raised. No pics on their website.
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

GA in melbs mofuckies
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
Calfium Jay
Geacon

Post by Calfium Jay »

Yep. Tried for General Admission and kept telling me that that option was not available.
spiral2spiral
Bronco's Fan

Post by spiral2spiral »

Tickets sorted; 2 sitting B20 in Melbourne, 2 standing in Sydney.

Oddly, I was buying Melbourne while the misses was buying Sydney. She called me at about 12:12 and I told her we were sorted in Melbourne, but she said she couldn't get through for Sydney for ages, and when she did, none left.
I figured "Oh well, main sale it is" but logged on to try myself anyway, because, why not?

Straight through, 2 standing...
Did I profit from some poor buggers timing out? Or was she just confused/mistaken?
spiral2spiral
Bronco's Fan

Post by spiral2spiral »

There was an additional issue with the presale that exacerbated that whole situation. Passwrods fucked up, and I believe ticketmaster switched the promoter and toolarmy allocation, or some such nonsense.

Likewise, after it was "sold out" I was able to jump on and nab awesome sitting seats before most people realized more were suddenly available.
sawbuck
Maynard Believer

Post by sawbuck »

Sprout said
There is but it's a bit of a weird spot, can't tell if it's too low or it's raised. No pics on their website.

looks like one is behind the sound board, you would probably get the best view and sound from these seats. The other seats are closer but you would have your heard turned the entire show and people behind you will cry if you try to stand up etc.

Sprout
Bronco's Fan

Post by Sprout »

Awesome sawbuck, bit of a google search and looks like they are raised and mint view, can't wait!
spiral2spiral
Bronco's Fan

Post by spiral2spiral »

Much better experience "sitting" at a Tool show, just quietly.
sawbuck
Maynard Believer

Post by sawbuck »

spiral2spiral said

eh, last time I was front row seats and found myself squirming in my chair. Got GA this time, looking forward to being a little less constricted. Horses for courses, I guess.

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

spiral2spiral said

Each to their own.  I'd take GA over seating everytime.