New Forum Feedback

Discuss the peculiarities of the forum. Feedback, complaints, suggestions are all welcome.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Chat rooms are gay, fucking gay
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

Tyson said

Liz needs to come back so you guys can get back to having your mexican stand offs. Those rocked.

"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

gamebounty said

Tyson said

Liz needs to come back so you guys can get back to having your mexican stand offs. Those rocked.

Tyson is just mad because Ron Burgundy > Chandler Bing
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

Fuck Chandler. Joey was the better character anyway.
"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Choo choo, all aboard the wrong opinions train
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Actually weren't Aniston's breasteses the best character(s) on that show?  Either them or that monkey they had on a few episodes.
I like to poop naked.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Tyson said

The Boss approves of this post.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Deja Vu... Didn't that exact same Friends conversation between Tyson and Crow happen on the old forum?  I know I'm getting old(er) but really....

@ Game - yeah, I just don't have what it takes to get Tyson all riled up.  I've tried, but he just gets bored.  And Crow and I are best buddies now, so that ship has sailed as well.  Same with Mog.  There just aren't any interesting battles* happening now.  Where's the beef?

* Yeah, I don't count ToolUser because he's just an outlier....
Ki77aan :twisted:
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

You don't have what it takes because you're boring and predictable
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Tyson said

/me grabs popcorn

MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

crow011 said

Tyson said

/me grabs popcorn

/me puts dick in crow's popcorn
Lizbet
Bronco's Fan

Post by Lizbet »

Well it appears I missed this thread on my read through today as well. Obviously there are till quite a few site issues here and one of those is the threads you have read section.

Ok grab your popcorn because I will create a little drama now and have my say since others have. Cheers for the feedback GB, Ravenpig and Mog and thank you Cheese for your steady stream of cheery contact since I stopped posting. Really appreciated guys.

A couple of you may have seen my post in the Synch thread today. Quite obviously I have not been lurking or I would have seen and responded to the offending posts before now. I did pop in a couple of times in January to harvest some site info. I did have a couple of years worth of show reviews and I did feel pissed that I had wasted my time with those sorts of contributions here.

Back to my exit. The first I knew that I had been de-modded was when Matt announced it during his first post on this new site. Does that surprise you? Well it did me. I hung around for a day or two then thought about it and left. I let Steve know I wasn't going to post here anymore and that was it. No "fuck it this is what I think of that I'm going" statements no emailing or PMing (well I couldn't have the PM function didn't work) to vent, just a vote with my feet.

I did take it personally. How could I not? Matt and I have caught up at quite a few shows (we rarely if ever discuss the site and we certainly have never done so face to face since I left) he has my number and my email and has always been able to contact me but he chose not to this time for some reason.

I was at a loss to understand why he de-modded me. In an email exchanged after new year (the first private contact we had since I left) he asked me why I wasn't around. I told him that I did take it personally and that I thought it was more that my bossy loud nature and not my modding that had given him the impression that the site was over moderated. That is what he said in his initial post, that he felt the site was over moderated. I also pointed out the the other bossy mod (you know the one that called another woman cnut on the internet) was hardly posting at that point anyway so over moderation was a non issue (as an aside she'd even popped in to tell us how little she cared for most of the conversation around here anyway). Anyway, the point is I felt his explanation was a most unfair assessment and I was extremely put out that he did not have the courtesy to speak with me first. I didn't use the mod function much at all. I preferred to moderate the board with my words. I did say though that I enjoyed catching up for gigs and I hoped we would be able to continue that.

So from there he reiterated that I shouldn't have taken it personally and he didn't mean to cause offense and I replied that he did though and it was the public way he did it more than anything that made me cross and I felt was a very public disrespect. I also suggested that he must have known that in doing this there was a very good chance that I would react the way that I did. He agreed that yes he did think that might have been a possible outcome. Make of that what you will but I understood it to mean that my value as a contributor here was indeed considered but obviously not enough to speak with me first.

No Basejumper I do not think that being a mod garners respect. I do like to think that I can gather that for myself and similarly incur to wrath of posters without using a mod button at all. Just a skill I guess.

I thought that I had exited with integrity, so I was really quite hurt to arrive here today to read comments about my smallness for having left because I was de-modded (that includes you Steve).

I gave a lot of time and energy to this site and I even bit my tongue sometimes just because I was a mod (imagine if I hadn't been - it actually restricted me in some ways). So now because I am not and because you haven't had the benefit of my wisdom for a while now I have another little bit of sharing to do.

The infinity section was/is a much more important part of this site than Matt thinks. It is the glue of this internet community (that and synch) and he does himself no favors in not using it as an attractor for the site. Obsessed TooL fans who have nothing to contribute other than rehashing the same TooL posts over and over again are just not interesting. This site lost a lot by not importing more of the old site and it doesn't surprise me in the least that many people appear not to have made the transition. It may be "your" site Matt but when people spend time and sometimes effort in communicating ideas and experiences I think you need to acknowledge that they assume some ownership over it as well. 

And finally it may surprise you all to know that what I probably missed most from this site was my uncanny ability to best the little beast that is Tyson.

Oh and Crow. My dog, the proliferation of the inane,brown nosing, smartarse, lecturing (LMAO) drivel that comes out of that guys mouth is quite nauseating. You guys have managed to let it right off it's leash. Shame on you all.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

^ Fuck that was the longest forum post of all time ^

Glad you are back tho Liz 
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

tl;dr
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

hellboy1975 said
tl;dr

Ditto

Don't mow your lawn
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

Jesus, it's just a forum. Get over yourself.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

hellboy1975 said
tl;dr

Wow, no fucking joke.

markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Seems as if the *Edit* function isn't available today.

Edit, or that the *Edit* function isn't available to me in the "Donkey Punch the Spin" thread.
I like to poop naked.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

markuspoop said
Seems as if the *Edit* function isn't available today.

Edit, or that the *Edit* function isn't available to me in the "Donkey Punch the Spin" thread.

There have been some permission changes in that "Department of Information" forum, which may have some side effects.  This would appear to be one of them.  I shall fix it up shortly...
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

hellboy1975 said
tl;dr

Titty Love; Damn Right
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Is there anything you can do to make the videos smaller.  Embedded videos here are pretty large.  I know that if you add the videos using the insert media button in the toolkit^ it makes the videos smaller, but YouTube videos come up as iframes when I do this.  So I can't really use it.

Sometimes the videos turn up all right, but most of the time they're really fucking huge.  This might be already be on the to-do list, if so no problem.  It's not an urgent issue just something I thought I'd bring up.

Edit: I was able to embed this video by going to the embed option on the YouTube page and selecting the "use old embed code" option and then popping that code into the source tab in the Insert/Media thing.  So that's a solution for now...

Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I don't find them outrageously big to be honest.  Are you using a mobile/table t or a low resolution monitor or something?  
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

UndKeineEier said
Is there anything you can do to make the videos smaller.  Embedded videos here are pretty large.  I know that if you add the videos using the insert media button in the toolkit^ it makes the videos smaller, but YouTube videos come up as iframes when I do this.  So I can't really use it.

Sometimes the videos turn up all right, but most of the time they're really fucking huge.  This might be already be on the to-do list, if so no problem.  It's not an urgent issue just something I thought I'd bring up.

Edit: I was able to embed this video by going to the embed option on the YouTube page and selecting the "use old embed code" option and then popping that code into the source tab in the Insert/Media thing.  So that's a solution for now...

I don't mind big tits

vids
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

hellboy1975 said
I don't find them outrageously big to be honest.  Are you using a mobile/table t or a low resolution monitor or something?  

Nope.

This vid stretches from my bookmarks bar down to the bottom of the screen.

Don't mow your lawn