Sports Thread

Everyone loves sport. If you don't you're a loser!
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Sports Thread

Post by BlackHole83 »

The Rematch is on today. Stuck at work, would love to see Manny get redemption. Should be a nasty fight

Update. Just saw the results online, I knew PAC man would get it back. He won the first fight IMO and many boxing fans as well. Looks like it's time for THE BIG FIGHT to actually happen. I mean if your going to get 40 mil for one fight, why not?
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Re: Sports Thread

Post by ilikecheese »

"The sight of Verlander (1-1) on the mound at Petco Park was another reminder of how the Padres flubbed the top pick in the June 2004 amateur draft. Not wanting to pay a big signing bonus, the team passed on players such as Jered Weaver, Stephen Drew and Verlander in favor of local shortstop Matt Bush.

Bush, who signed for $3 million, never reached the big leagues and had numerous off-field problems. In December 2012, he was sentenced to four years and three months in a Florida prison for a drunken driving hit-and-run crash.

Verlander was taken by the Tigers with the second pick. He has thrown two no-hitters and came within two outs of a third, won the AL MVP and Cy Young Award in 2011, was voted AL Rookie of the Year in 2006 and is a six-time All-Star."

wow
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Manny pacquio and Floyd mayweather fight has officially been scheduled.

They fight the same day, coincidentally, as the new Tool album and Dr Dre's Detox album drops
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

ilikecheese wrote:"The sight of Verlander (1-1) on the mound at Petco Park was another reminder of how the Padres flubbed the top pick in the June 2004 amateur draft. Not wanting to pay a big signing bonus, the team passed on players such as Jered Weaver, Stephen Drew and Verlander in favor of local shortstop Matt Bush.

Bush, who signed for $3 million, never reached the big leagues and had numerous off-field problems. In December 2012, he was sentenced to four years and three months in a Florida prison for a drunken driving hit-and-run crash.

Verlander was taken by the Tigers with the second pick. He has thrown two no-hitters and came within two outs of a third, won the AL MVP and Cy Young Award in 2011, was voted AL Rookie of the Year in 2006 and is a six-time All-Star."

wow
Talking about shit like this is kinda dumb though. I mean, Mike Trout was picked like 22nd. That's a fair amount of teams that passed over him, for whatever reason. MLB draft is a monster crapshoot.
I like to poop naked.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

markuspoop wrote:Talking about shit like this is kinda dumb
I really don't want to talk about it, actually.

I just post for informative purposes.
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
Specter
Pencildick

Post by Specter »

I just sit here remembering Mike Tyson in his glory daze. Not Tyson in his non glory dayz.

-Glenn Hubbard
Dancing on the roof of some cartoon showroom
Specter
Pencildick

Post by Specter »

Master Hubba Bubba
Dancing on the roof of some cartoon showroom
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Rangers/Flyers baby. let's get it going!!!!!!!!!!

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

wtf?
detroit boston doesn't start until Friday.

WAY too long!

twss
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

ilikecheese wrote:wtf?
detroit boston doesn't start until Friday.

WAY too long!

twss
this is only time I will ever type this. go Redwings!!! woooo!!!!
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

woo!
If we stay out of the box we have a good chance to use our speed against them.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Sports Thread

Post by Kittaan »

The Warriors are lucky to have locked in a playoff spot. No chance of advancing against the Clips without Bogut who we just lost to broken rib(s). Among other key injuries. Fuck.

Will it be Pacers / Spurs?
Ki77aan :twisted:
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Nah. Rematch from last year (which I think the Spurs would win) or OKC/Miami (which I think Miami would win).

Honestly I think the real West favorite is OKC. They're a terrible match up for the Spurs but you can't ever count out the Spurs til they're actually out.
Hey! Denty!
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

I hope they don't call traveling.
They always call traveling...
:(
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

bonebroke
Geacon

Post by bonebroke »

NorCal vs SoCal
Warriors vs Clippers (playoffs)
Sharks vs Kings (playoffs)
A's vs Angels
Giants vs Dodgers

If the Angels and Dodgers could find a way to spend another $200-$300 million on salary, I'm sure they could eventually beat the A's and Giants :lol: ok ok, the Angels finally pulled out a V last night in extras.

Warriors might be without Bogut but they can still beat the Clip joint.
I want the Pacers to beat Miami, but even with home court advantage, they don't look like they can do it at the moment.
If OKC guard Kevin Westbrook increased his assists to shooting ratio, that team could win it! Shoot less, pass more, get your teammates involved.

Detroit vs Boston in 1st round of hockey playoffs is intriguing.
I kinda miss Detroit not being in the Western Conference, but I like watching the Eastern conference deal with that franchise :twisted:
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Wiz are winning the East.
I like to poop naked.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

bonebroke wrote: Detroit vs Boston in 1st round of hockey playoffs is intriguing.
I kinda miss Detroit not being in the Western Conference, but I like watching the Eastern conference deal with that franchise
:D
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Yankees destroy (Solarte, all day), Rangers dominate (1 shot on goal allowed in the 3rd period). all in all a great night for New York sports.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

What about the Mets and Knicks?
I like to poop naked.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Some of you may not believe this but...
I just now found out the nba has a new commisioner?
some guy named adam silver?
when did that happen?
and now i'm watching some video of the guy....

ummm...........kittaan?
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

David Stern retired in February. That's the gist of it.
Hey! Denty!
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

gist should be a dirty word...shouldn't it?
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

You're a gist
Hey! Denty!
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Which will lead to such stupid sentences as,
"Dude. I gist all over her asst."