Video game news

Discussions on gaming, gadgets and other technology related topics
BlindnCynical
formery Umadbrah?

Re: Video game news

Post by BlindnCynical »

M0G wrote:
Umadbrah? wrote:and in the same day The Division has been delayed.
Fucking Ubisoft pushing shit back yet again. Did that shit with Watchdogs. Learn to set a realistic goddamn fucking release date motherfuckers.
Or just dont announce shit until you have a realistic idea of when you will be done. Ubisoft is the worst at release dates.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Some people are obsessed with release dates. Personally I'd rather see the game done properly.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

hellboy wrote:Some people are obsessed with release dates. Personally I'd rather see the game done properly.
+1
Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I'm hoping Far Cry 4 keeps a lot of the gameplay mechanics of Far Cry 3, but pulls more from Far Cry 2 in terms of level design.
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:I'm hoping Far Cry 4 keeps a lot of the gameplay mechanics of Far Cry 3, but pulls more from Far Cry 2 in terms of level design.
Yeah, FC2 was better I thought. I think it was more the story of 3 that disappointed me more than the gameplay/setting. Too much dudebro.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I appreciate what they were trying to do with the story in 3, but it was still pretty disappointing.

The tropical setting was alright. I just didn't like how repetitive the strongholds were. Far Cry 2 just did a better job of creating areas that encouraged different play styles. Some areas were better for sniping, or stealth, and some areas were better for just straight-up action. Whereas in Far Cry 3 they were trying too hard to make every play style valid that it just feels like I was doing the same thing over and over again. I liked getting to an area in Far Cry 2 and figuring out how it worked, but in Far Cry 3 it just felt like everything was pretty much the same just with a few minor differences.

Thinking about it now, I realize I have a lot more problems with Far Cry 3 than I had realized. Overall I thought it was a pretty good game, but disappointing in a lot of aspects.
Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I had to stop myself or otherwise I probably would've ended up writing a whole essay on Far Cry 3.
Don't mow your lawn
BlindnCynical
formery Umadbrah?

Post by BlindnCynical »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:
hellboy wrote:Some people are obsessed with release dates. Personally I'd rather see the game done properly.
+1
I'm all for games being done properly, I would rather them announce a game with no release date saying Soon™ rather then announce delays every 6 months. I realize this helps them stay in the limelight but if a Dev keeps doing it (watch dogs, the crew, etc) just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Umadbrah? wrote:
UndKeineZwEier wrote:
+1
I'm all for games being done properly, I would rather them announce a game with no release date saying Soon™ rather then announce delays every 6 months. I realize this helps them stay in the limelight but if a Dev keeps doing it (watch dogs, the crew, etc) just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I'd prefer that to, but realistically that's not how the industry works. These AAA publishers have shareholders they report to and need to have release dates.

The good news is that this game is being allowed to develop rather than just rushed out. No one wants to see that.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Spent the day playing Stick of truth, loving the old school RPG elements and as long as it lasts me to next weekend (I only vid on the weekend) I'd say it was worth the $50.

I'm sick of fucking Butters telling me I should be doing the actual quests as I dick around.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

A 2015 release date for The Division may be "a bit optimistic," an unnamed source at Massive told Gamereactor.
"The Division is without a doubt one of the most ambitious game projects of all time and our publisher has naturally realised this. We've been given increased resources, we're hiring lots at the moment and are given a lot of help from other Ubisoft teams which is going to be needed if we are to deliver a finished game by next fall. Sadly I still think that the date is a tad bit optimistic as we still don't have a functioning game and still have massive problems making our multiplayer component work at the concept stage. At the same time both we and our publisher are incredibly happy with our game engine and Ubisoft will naturally make use of it in lots of upcoming titles."
Don't mow your lawn
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Anyone have "WATCHDOGS" yet? Didn't it release in some regions today?

I don't even intend on picking it up, and I'm already bored of the fucking game. The hype around it has been exhausting.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Not Tyson wrote:
I am absolutely just going to wait for "GTA V" to come out on PC.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

The Boss wrote:Anyone have "WATCHDOGS" yet? Didn't it release in some regions today?

I don't even intend on picking it up, and I'm already bored of the fucking game. The hype around it has been exhausting.
Watchdogs should be arriving at my door any moment now. Fucking stoked. Currently playing Wolfeinstein on the PS4 which has been fantastic. I am getting back logged on PS4 games atm. Still haven't finished Infamous Second Son either. Typically I will play a game to completion before I start another one but I couldn't wait for Wolfeinstein. Now I have to fight the urge to start Watchdogs as well because I know when I start that game I am going to fall off the grid for awhile.
The most intelligent person on this forum
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Will be interesting to see what you guys think of Watch Dogs. The reviews I've read from sources I respect seem to suggest it's not bad, but not great either. Hacking is mostly "Press A to hack" kinda stuff and doesn't really hold up to what was promised at various gaming expos.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

hellboy wrote:Will be interesting to see what you guys think of Watch Dogs. The reviews I've read from sources I respect seem to suggest it's not bad, but not great either. Hacking is mostly "Press A to hack" kinda stuff and doesn't really hold up to what was promised at various gaming expos.
This UPlay fiasco is entertaining as hell to watch. Check out the reviews on Steam.

And yeah, most people have said that Ubisoft almost outright lied when it came to the game. No one seems particularly overjoyed with it. If they can get it to work.

Ubisoft just straight-up sucks. Apart from a handful of fairly decent games, none of their titles interest me.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I don't mind Ubisoft. I don't really buy their games much anymore, but I would much rather play Watch Dogs or that pirate Assassin's Creed game then Call of Duty or whatever EA is doing nowadays. I'd probably say they're the second best publisher out of the big four western publishers. Take Two is number one by a pretty wide margin though.
Don't mow your lawn
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

UndKeineZwEier wrote: I'd probably say they're the second best publisher out of the big four western publishers. Take Two is number one by a pretty wide margin though.
Yeah nah, Bethesda Softworks
BlindnCynical
formery Umadbrah?

Post by BlindnCynical »

I picked up watch dogs yesterday. I'm through the first act, about 10% done with the game. There's a lot of good and bad with this game, as im sure you've read in many reviews. The driving is very boxy, and almost all cars feel the same except for speed. There are a lot of fast travels tho, so you don't have to drive to get to most places. The combat is pretty standard with a decent cover system, but the AI is so predicable i bumped the difficult setting to hard about 1 hr in because i felt there was almost no challenge. The hacking is a nice addition to the game, but it feels pretty lackluster. It adds a puzzle element in some ways, but most of the time your going to use it when fleeing from the police or trying to slow someone you are chasing down. Where the game really shines is the amount of detail they put into the game. I also like the online aspect of the game. Randomly someone will pop into your game, and try to hack you. You have to figure out who in the crowd is trying to hack you and stop them, then kill them.

In a lot of ways this game feels like the first Assassins Creed. There is a lot of potential, but it's not all there yet. Overall I'd give it a 7.5/10.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

hellboy wrote:Will be interesting to see what you guys think of Watch Dogs. The reviews I've read from sources I respect seem to suggest it's not bad, but not great either. Hacking is mostly "Press A to hack" kinda stuff and doesn't really hold up to what was promised at various gaming expos.
^^^ Ding Ding Ding we have a winner. What a fucking disappointment. It is NOT a next gen game. Graphics are WEAK on the PS4 and you won't see any improvement on a PC. They have absolutely dumbed down the game. Some of the game physics are sloppy, particularly the driving. The hacking element is weak, point and click shit. The writing is shit. The characters are underwhelming and plot development is poor.

This game amounts to little more than a weak GTA rip off with some point and click environmental control elements. It doesn't belong on next gen consoles. Labeling the game "Next Gen" is borderline fucking criminal.
The most intelligent person on this forum
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Looks like my instincts were right on this one.

If you have to hype a product THAT much before the release of it, it's a pretty good indication that you have been unable to deliver on your promises.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Don't mow your lawn