Louie

Movies, TV and other video based media
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Re: Louie

Post by not tyson »

Kittaan wrote:
Not Tyson wrote:Are you some kind of rape apologist?
She was reluctant to let the relationship get sexual because she's leaving in a week and it will complicate things even further. She was not saying "No, I don't want to have sex... STOP". She's clearly a strong woman who would have just cut Louie off at the knees if she didn't want it too.

If you spoke Hungarian, you would know how foolish your suggestion of rape is.

Te egy troll, és nem egy különösen jó.
I was mimicking SJW's take on the scene, of course it wasn't rape.

Geez.

Also in relation to black wife/wife white, Louie said the black lady reminded him of his ex so she got the part.

I guess colour doesn't matter to most people, ya bunch of racists.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Not Tyson wrote:Wow, Louie just basically raped a woman on his show, not once did she give consent

#YesAllWomen
Sounds like it was more of a struggle cuddle.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Those two episodes

Best 2 episodes imo.

That ending of The Elevator, somber and sweet, not soul destroying like I thought it would end at.

The Doctor's comments were spot fucking on, lamenting a lost love is probably more important than the love itself, realising what you lost makes what you experienced even more profound.

Louie blowing the fuck out of atheists, to be that arrogant that you can guarantee that God (as in a higher power) doesn't exist in any way, shape or form, smacks of almost delusion and a cult like mentality.

10/10 for both episodes.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Oh giggle. LCK the self professed agnostic lapsed catholic paying out atheists. Brilliant!

I put it to you Tyson that all atheists are in the strictest sense of the word agnostic. Because I can't say for sure that the spaghetti monster does not exist.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Moved the rest of that bullshit to the Bicker thread (because I can). If there was a possibility of calmly and rationally discussing god/religion on an internet forum without it devolving into personal attacks and straw man arguments, I would be very interested to participate. Unfortunately that's not the case, at least here.

Now, back to Louie...

I loved the translating waiter. What a sweet guy.

Those were great eps, and it was a great way to end that story line. As for Charles Grodin's comments, it wholly depends on where you are in the process... for me coming up on 20 years with the same woman, going through many ups and downs as one would imagine, but overall happy as fuck that I'm as lucky as I am... I'm not in a hurry to get to the "best part" which will happen to one of us eventually... being a selfish fuck, I hope I go first. That being said, I definitely agree with the sentiment that it's better to feel something than nothing.

Regarding the next story line... I just wish that somebody would slap Louie (and Pamela) out of their bullshit so they could see if there's something actually there.
Ki77aan :twisted:
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

K, got some catching up to do.

I think he's a great human being. Dark, but great.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

[youtube][/youtube]
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Where were the jokes?

I mean I enjoyed it, it was great, but I don't know.

Fuck you Louie.

Also Louie's mother looked like Harley Raine, mmmmmmmmm :twisted:
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

"If you fart in your dream, do you fart in real life?"

Only moment that I can remember laughing in those two episodes. Very good episodes don't get me wrong, but like Tyson said, where's the laughs? Even the darkest of Louie episodes has had some in them and these two weren't that dark.
Hey! Denty!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

@ RP - why did you think it was more than one episode? There was only one title sequence and it went for 1:40 or so straight, at least it was like that on my DVR. Since I get up @ 5:00am on Tuesdays, I never watch it live Monday nights. Plus I can't take the commercials.

I have no problem with there being few "jokes" (although there were several humorous situations). It was what he wanted to say and he presented it well. Not that I don't absolutely appreciate his humor, it's what drew me in, but this was still very satisfying. Great casting/acting. I thought it was interesting that F Murray was both his "Father" in this episode as well as a potential sexual partner (spurned) in an earlier ep from this season (it was this season, right?). Renner was perfect for The Dealer.

I thought for sure that his science teacher knew it was him (in the principal's office) and was just helping him avoid a potentially life-ruining situation... but it was devastating to see him come to the realization in the final scene.

One thing I appreciate about this series is the unpredictability. It's not always the case, but more often than not.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

The website I watch it on had it listed as two episodes.

F. Murray came out in an episode a couple seasons ago, when Louie gets picked up by that hot older lady who wanted to have sex with him while her husband watched. Murray was the husband. It was the episode when Chris Rock had to go pick him up.
Hey! Denty!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Ravenpig wrote:The website I watch it on had it listed as two episodes.

F. Murray came out in an episode a couple seasons ago, when Louie gets picked up by that hot older lady who wanted to have sex with him while her husband watched. Murray was the husband. It was the episode when Chris Rock had to go pick him up.
That's the one, just got it jumbled how long ago it was. Now I definitely remember it couldn't have been this season.

That's weird on the site listing it as two episodes. So it actually had two distinct opening sequences? Where did they split it, if you remember? No big deal, just curious.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Kittaan wrote: So it actually had two distinct opening sequences? Where did they split it, if you remember? No big deal, just curious.
Yes, the second episode opens with Louie checking on his sleeping daughter.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Yea it has two quick openings like they've been doing this season.

The second episode begins when he goes to check on Lily in her room and she's asleep, leading to his flashback of being awoken by his teacher turning off the radio in his class.

Edit: sorry didn't realize Tyson beat me to it
Hey! Denty!
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

So once again Louie basically rapes a woman, jesus fucking christ.

Either leave forever or fuck me was basically the gauntlet he threw down.

Great job Loseruie :roll:

In all seriousness when Pamela said Ugh women I loled.

Great season finale.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

And it went way too fast again. Why do all the shitcoms run about three times more eps a season? $$$
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

It's Louis CK on Marc Maron's podcast, basically doing a biography of Louis, walking through his whole path to success. So where Louis' standup act is entirely about how the only thing that gets him out of bed is the urge to eat donuts, in real life he was a successful standup comic at 19, only had a brief rough patch when the standup scene dried up in the 90s (then quickly got jobs writing for network TV) and the entire time was utterly relentless in his work - doing literally ten shows a day, speeding from one to the next, making indie movies in his spare time with his own money, constantly learning and improving himself.

He is as driven and focused as any hard-charging stockbroker you've ever seen -- the reason he can make the entire Louie show by himself is because he has carefully learned every one of those TV production skills (including acting) over the decades of a career spent working day and night. He likes money and fast cars, he used to zip around on a motorcycle as a young, brash hotshot (until an accident nearly killed him).

So the same question came to mind that came up earlier in the thread: Does he still see himself as lazy, because in his driven mind all he can see are the projects he hasn't finished? Is it just that, as a result of being driven, he beats himself up over every failure and truly does think of himself as a worthless slob? Or is it a calculated ploy to make himself relatable, part of a "character" he invented in the same way that the golf-playing Duck Dynasty yuppies reinvented themselves as rednecks?
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Not Tyson wrote:

It's Louis CK on Marc Maron's podcast, basically doing a biography of Louis, walking through his whole path to success. So where Louis' standup act is entirely about how the only thing that gets him out of bed is the urge to eat donuts, in real life he was a successful standup comic at 19, only had a brief rough patch when the standup scene dried up in the 90s (then quickly got jobs writing for network TV) and the entire time was utterly relentless in his work - doing literally ten shows a day, speeding from one to the next, making indie movies in his spare time with his own money, constantly learning and improving himself.

He is as driven and focused as any hard-charging stockbroker you've ever seen -- the reason he can make the entire Louie show by himself is because he has carefully learned every one of those TV production skills (including acting) over the decades of a career spent working day and night. He likes money and fast cars, he used to zip around on a motorcycle as a young, brash hotshot (until an accident nearly killed him).

So the same question came to mind that came up earlier in the thread: Does he still see himself as lazy, because in his driven mind all he can see are the projects he hasn't finished? Is it just that, as a result of being driven, he beats himself up over every failure and truly does think of himself as a worthless slob? Or is it a calculated ploy to make himself relatable, part of a "character" he invented in the same way that the golf-playing Duck Dynasty yuppies reinvented themselves as rednecks?
What a ridiculous question.

Just because he's worked hard to the point of massive success doesn't mean that he regards himself as an actualised human being.

Indeed, the fact that he sees himself as being "incomplete" reflects his struggle and journey.

And yes, I do regard him as genuine and authentic. To think otherwise is fucking juvenile.

I see him as the sophisticated Bill Burr.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Louie is the least complicated guy who is the most complicated to figure out.

To me anyway.

Please forgive me if you think I'm way off.

I'm probably a sucker for that kind of thing, but when he finally got Pamela... Geez I felt so happy for him.

Yea I felt happy for a character in a tv show.
Hey! Denty!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

It's foinally back tonight... yay.

http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/louie
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

So soon?

Noice.
Hey! Denty!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Yesh.

Watched the first ep of the new season and it's extremely well done, as expected. I am supremely bummed this is the final run. Hope he reconsiders.

Again, the main plot points were telegraphed pretty clearly, but the execution was a lot of fun. Love the way Louis thinks.

Do you agree that 30 min per episode is a crime? I guess maybe it's too hard to come up with an hours worth of material with no fluff? At least last season they released two at a time so in effect you got an hour. This goes by waaaaaay too quickly with commercials.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

It's the final season? Why? I guess he's going for the "going out on top" thing?

I'm fine with the length of the episodes. I was actually not a big fan of last year's two episodes at a time style.

Also, did I miss something? I guess him and Pamela broke up off-screen?
Hey! Denty!
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

Naattik wrote:commercials.
what in the actual fuck are you watching .... commercials ... bahahahahahahahahaha
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

When you watch it on FX, shows play with commercials. I'm sure you remember those, right?

Regardless, the length of the show remains the same and that's what I was referring to little buddy. Try to keep up, K?