[Speculation] New Album Release - March 26

The Main Event
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Tyson said
I'd say it's more that they are American than Tool fans, it was reported on MTV.

SNAP.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

UndKeineEier said
So here's what I think is really going on:

Recently when asked about Tool Maynard has said that's he "not lazy" and this just started happening in the last couple of months.  So I think Maynard got sick of hearing people ask about the album so he wrote and recorded the new Tool album all by himself.

Need I remind you.... Maynard=Mostresticator

That bitch is playing you again!
Professor of Lesbian Science
Hooker With A Penis
My pain is just an excuse

Post by Hooker With A Penis »

All info back in.... Dec? Was pointing to the tunes already having been laid down. Some polishing up to do but the bulk was done, if you read between the lines. Maynard comes in last to lay down his tracks, always. As far as statements from the band go in the past he knocks his shit out fairly quickly. So, not possible for him to put the baby to bed without it leaking out? I think you underestimate.... but we'll see soon enough.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Hooker With A Penis said
All info back in.... Dec? Was pointing to the tunes already having been laid down. Some polishing up to do but the bulk was done, if you read between the lines. Maynard comes in last to lay down his tracks, always. As far as statements from the band go in the past he knocks his shit out fairly quickly. So, not possible for him to put the baby to bed without it leaking out? I think you underestimate.... but we'll see soon enough.

We certainly will.

And when you've been proven wrong without a shadow of a doubt, will you leave and never return?

Hooker With A Penis

crow011 said

Hooker With A Penis said

We certainly will.

And when you've been proven wrong without a shadow of a doubt, will you leave and never return?

Why would I care about being wrong? You act like being wrong about conjecture is a crime. Nah, I'll be around as long as you cry babies are. You've given me a new purpose. I see the light now. It has shown down from above and I can here a voice telling me to "Wind up those whiney manbitches and watch them shit themselves in frustration." So let it be written. So let it be done.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Hooker With A Penis said

crow011 said

Hooker With A Penis said

We certainly will.

Why would I care about being wrong? You act like being wrong about conjecture is a crime. Nah, I'll be around as long as you cry babies are. You've given me a new purpose. I see the light now. It has shown down from above and I can here a voice telling me to "Wind up those whiney manbitches and watch them shit themselves in frustration." So let it be written. So let it be done.

Oh.

Well, enjoy your stay, I guess.

Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

hellboy1975 said
I doubt any Tool fan actually believed it for more than 2 seconds.

To be honest I'm basing my statement mostly on one of my co-workers at the time.  Dude was convinced they were done and wouldn't listen when I'd tell him it was a joke, especially with it being so close to April 1.

The fact that even Kurt Loder fell for it makes me think there were more people like my co-worker out there.
Hey! Denty!
Hooker With A Penis

crow011 said

Hooker With A Penis said

crow011 said

Hooker With A Penis said

We certainly will.

Oh.

Well, enjoy your stay, I guess.

I am, so far.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

I don't know why people like to set themselves up for disappointment.

As Hellboy said, Tool is far too big to do the whole "record an album in secret" thing. ESPECIALLY in Los Angeles. Plus, I don't think they'd waste the opportunity to spend a good year milking the whole "dole out pieces of information on the recording of said album" promotional opportunity.
Hooker With A Penis

joeypants said
I don't know why people like to set themselves up for disappointment.

As Hellboy said, Tool is far too big to do the whole "record an album in secret" thing. ESPECIALLY in Los Angeles. Plus, I don't think they'd waste the opportunity to spend a good year milking the whole "dole out pieces of information on the recording of said album" promotional opportunity.

Who says it would have to be recorded in L.A.?
Hooker With A Penis

As an extra side note.... Apparently none of you are familiar with the concept of having your own recording studio in your home. I've done it - I'm sure on a much smaller scale than these guys are capable of. So if I have my own studio who the fuck is going to know when my band is recording? No need to book time with a major studio...... I think there are a lot of you who underestimate what can be done in these types of situations. Whether I'm right or wrong about the new album release date, the fact is it would be far easier to do than you think.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

May Jay has his own recording studio.

In one of the recent newsletters Blair did say the guys were thinking about going to a more remote location to continue their work.  One would naturally assume they would join May Jay in Arizona if that was the case.  Now mind you he never said anything of it again so it may not have probably did not happened.

I still don't think that's the case but I thought I'd add those couple of facts in there.
Hey! Denty!
Hooker With A Penis

Ravenpig said
May Jay has his own recording studio.

In one of the recent newsletters Blair did say the guys were thinking about going to a more remote location to continue their work.  One would naturally assume they would join May Jay in Arizona if that was the case.  Now mind you he never said anything of it again so it may not have probably did not happened.

I still don't think that's the case but I thought I'd add those couple of facts in there.

I have no idea what may or may not have happened or where they may have recorded..... All I'm saying is that it is very possible. If you look at all of the info available and put it together with how the band like to fuck with people, combine it with the weird "Opiate 21st Anniversary reissue (21st???? No pre-orders?????? No mention of what's included as far as tunes????? Something coming out of left field in March?????) I may have forgotten a few of the Opiate mysteries, but something ain't right with the info. That's what I'm basing it on.
Intension
Fanboi

Post by Intension »

Not Happening.

Hooker With A Penis

Intension said
Not Happening.

Maybe..... maybe not.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Anything is possible. But history suggests that they really like to seek out the absolute best rooms/consoles/studios to record their stuff and as good as the stuff at The Loft or Maynard's wine cellar might be... I'd imagine that isn't what they're looking for.
Hooker With A Penis

joeypants said
Anything is possible. But history suggests that they really like to seek out the absolute best rooms/consoles/studios to record their stuff and as good as the stuff at The Loft or Maynard's wine cellar might be... I'd imagine that isn't what they're looking for.

Ok.
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

im thinking crow thinks he is the most important , most intellegent , non-tool fan here..... but guess what .... it's a fucking fan forum....not a sociology class.    lighten up little birdie
go taff!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

joeypants said

Agreed.  Also, the band has stated they have stockpiled 1/2 inch tape*.  This does not lend itself easily to home studio recording, although it's not impossible, I don't see it.

*Edit: I meant 2 inch tape (duh!)
Ki77aan :twisted:
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Very true. Although if the photos I've seen are any indication, Maynard has a 2-inch tape recorder at his studio in AZ. Still, I highly highly doubt they'd be recording there.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

^ Ah, I didn't catch that.  Interesting.   And yeah, I meant 2" tape.
Ki77aan :twisted:
eyepod
of Arimathea

Post by eyepod »

That tape has a shelf life.It wlill self destruct in twenty years.they better get their shit together.

Seriously,I am sceptical they could,or would,pull off an entire album from their personal studios.Most the writing and arranging can be done there,but considering the level of quality they demand,they will need the big buck studios in the end.

Tracking on 2 inch tape?hardly the lazy man's way out.Cool,but a PIA.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

joeypants said
Very true. Although if the photos I've seen are any indication, Maynard has a 2-inch tape recorder at his studio in AZ. Still, I highly highly doubt they'd be recording there.

heh...
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
Calfium Jay
Geacon

Post by Calfium Jay »

Now, according to the site, the new album is called Evasion and will
include the following, obviously bogus
tracks: "Prescipissed," "Bindlecup," "Alcawhorlick," "Alcaharlot," "Bu
shwhacker," "Munge," "Poopy the Clown," "Gullabored," "Smell Me,"
and "Buzz's Revenge." No explanation was given, and the band's
management company knows nada.

Poopy The Clown! Poopy The Clown!! I want Poopy The Clown!!!!