True Detective on HBO

Movies, TV and other video based media
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Re: True Detective on HBO

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

BlackHole83 wrote:
N.Y.H.C. wrote:
BlackHole83 wrote:Great ending. Look forward to next season. Wonder which actors will be in it
it's great that Rust end the series with a glass half full line about the Universe. plus he's un-killable. lol. that dude, who was also in Boardwalk Empire, was a sick puppy. great season, can't wait for next year. I've never seen Game Of Thrones, not even 15 seconds of it, is it too late to catch up?
The wifey is into game of thrones, I gave up after season 1. Looking forward to The next season of boardwalk empire though.
that's also the LAST season of Boardwalk. which really sucks.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

Yeah but I think it has run it's course. Also last season of Mad Men and Californication.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

I loved season 1 of true detective. I thought it would be a huge twist if when they came out of the hospital to smoke, they had their whole conversation an whatever, then the camera zooms out and you see one of the wood bird catching trap things sitting by their car. Like one of the other killers saw what they did.

I know season 2 is completely different but it couldn't been cool if they did it this way.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Finally watched the last episode. Good stuff.

Here's a little big on Marty's daughter
I like to poop naked.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

Just finished season one and I did not like this very much. It was OK, but not worth 9.5 on imdb at all imo. I'll give it a 5 out of 10
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Ettan wrote:Just finished season one and I did not like this very much. It was OK, but not worth 9.5 on imdb at all imo. I'll give it a 5 out of 10
I think you're wrong and everyone else is right.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Ettan wrote:Just finished season one and I did not like this very much. It was OK, but not worth 9.5 on imdb at all imo. I'll give it a 5 out of 10
Go back to your home on whore island.
I like to poop naked.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

hellboy wrote:
I think you're wrong and everyone else is right.
This
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

I think we have spotted a true plebeian.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

markuspoop wrote:Finally watched the last episode. Good stuff.

Here's a little big on Marty's daughter
she's a good actress. did anyone notice his younger daughter (I think the 2002 version) is the same (fucked up) little girl from the Walking Dead? she's another great child actress. keep your eye on her, she's got the acting chops big time.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

N.Y.H.C. wrote: she's another great child actress. keep your eye on her, she's got the acting chops big time.
I bet you will, sicko
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Not Tyson wrote:
N.Y.H.C. wrote: she's another great child actress. keep your eye on her, she's got the acting chops big time.
I bet you will, sicko
haha you're twisted bro. did you see the last Walking Dead episode? she's like 10 and plays "fucked up" very well. shit was heart wrenching.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

I don't watch the boring dead
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

sad face.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

[youtube][/youtube]
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

xZ1mM3r wrote:[youtube][/youtube]
I wanted that to be funny so badly.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

[youtube][/youtube]
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/2 ... mg00000027
Colin Farrell has confirmed his role in the show in an interview with The Sunday World.

“I know it will be eight episodes and take around four or five months to shoot," he said, "I know very little about it, but we’re shooting in the environs of Los Angeles which is great. It means I get to stay at home and see the kids.”

Apparently, the rest of the cast is still being locked down / subject to the rumor mill. Elisabeth Moss, Rachel McAdams and Jessica Biel are among the many names that have been tossed around.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

hellboy wrote:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/2 ... mg00000027
Colin Farrell has confirmed his role in the show in an interview with The Sunday World.

“I know it will be eight episodes and take around four or five months to shoot," he said, "I know very little about it, but we’re shooting in the environs of Los Angeles which is great. It means I get to stay at home and see the kids.”

Apparently, the rest of the cast is still being locked down / subject to the rumor mill. Elisabeth Moss, Rachel McAdams and Jessica Biel are among the many names that have been tossed around.
Yes I saw that. Not sure how they will go creating a second series. The first was so self contained and unique and successful in a large measure due to the dynamic between McConaughey and Harrelson. I hope they can but I have my doubts.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

liz wrote: Yes I saw that. Not sure how they will go creating a second series. The first was so self contained and unique and successful in a large measure due to the dynamic between McConaughey and Harrelson. I hope they can but I have my doubts.
Just in case you didn't know, the second series is not a sequel to the first. I still hope this will be a decent show, but I can see it petering out into mediocrity like the Underbelly shows here.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

hellboy wrote:
liz wrote: Yes I saw that. Not sure how they will go creating a second series. The first was so self contained and unique and successful in a large measure due to the dynamic between McConaughey and Harrelson. I hope they can but I have my doubts.
Just in case you didn't know, the second series is not a sequel to the first. I still hope this will be a decent show, but I can see it petering out into mediocrity like the Underbelly shows here.
I did realise that. American Horror story has been quite successful with developing stand alone unrelated series but they had the advantage (I think) of using the same cast.

And I agree the first Underbelly was excellent (my cousin played Roberta) but they have haven't duplicated that since.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Comparing True Detective to American Horror, lol.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

I'm not saying they are in the same league, but i did really enjoy the most recent American Horror series, but my comparisons are none the less valid.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Vince Vaughn has also been confirmed as part of the show:
As previously reported, Justin Lin (Fast & Furious, Scorpion) will direct the first two of the eight-episode sophomore season, which centers on two police officers and a career criminal who must navigate a web of conspiracy in the aftermath of a murder. Production on season two is set to begin later this fall in California.
Farrell will play Ray Velcoro, a compromised detective whose allegiances are torn between his masters in a corrupt police department and the mobster who owns him. Vaughn is set as Frank Semyon, a career criminal in danger of losing his empire when his move into legitimate enterprise is upended by the murder of a business partner.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Happy for Vince Vaughn as the lead, he's actually a legit actor.

Watch Clay Pigeons.