Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by blacksabbath »

The new version of opiate is sick. Opening with hooker is awesome. I hope they alway play Jambi. Sad that they can't do wings anymore. Salival version of pushit would be nice or reflection. I only heard flood once and it's my favorite live song by them ever. Wish that maynard would do more stage banter again. And Danny's synth/drum solo is sure to evolve. Probably the most prog thing in the show. Would like to see them tour with the melvins.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

blacksabbath wrote:Would like to see them tour with the melvins.
It's unlikely to happen. Buzz doesn't like playing stadiums and The Melvins do well enough now that they don't feel they have to do that anymore.
Don't mow your lawn
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

I see an impending Tool/Failure tour in 2016, if this album finishes when expected. Who knows, we may even see Faith No More and/or Primus tour with Tool next year. This new Failure album is the shit.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Bill Hilly wrote:I see an impending Tool/Failure tour in 2016, if this album finishes when expected. Who knows, we may even see Faith No More and/or Primus tour with Tool next year. This new Failure album is the shit.
Failure definitely seems possible. I don't think a Tool/Primus tour is more likely now than it's ever been. Faith No More seems like their big enough to have their headlining tour but I could see them touring with Tool possibly.
Don't mow your lawn
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

Is the capacity on the festival only 5000??? :shock:
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Ettan wrote:Is the capacity on the festival only 5000??? :shock:
That's what I read on TDN. Not sure how good that info is, 5000 seems pretty small for a festival with Tool headlining.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

hellboy wrote:
That's what I read on TDN. Not sure how good that info is, 5000 seems pretty small for a festival with Tool headlining.
Yeah I read it there as well. It can't be right.. I mean, Linkin Park, Ghost, Tool and Primus at the same festival? That's a pretty thick lineup.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Ettan wrote:
hellboy wrote:
Yeah I read it there as well. It can't be right.. I mean, Linkin Park, Ghost, Tool and Primus at the same festival? That's a pretty thick lineup.
They're not all on the same day though. The lineup is quite small compared to most festivals. Looking at the venue on Google Maps, it doesn't look like a huge park, so 5000 could well be accurate.
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

That's pretty insane if that is true. I was thinking about going even without knowing it was going to be that small. Any other 4theyers thinking about this show? It would be cool to meet some of my cool people on here.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

Bill Hilly wrote:That's pretty insane if that is true. I was thinking about going even without knowing it was going to be that small. Any other 4theyers thinking about this show? It would be cool to meet some of my cool people on here.
I was thinking about going, but then my boss crushed my dreams by extending my contract. Well.. it's good news that I get to work here longer I guess.
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

So are you a contractor over there in Germany?
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

Yeah as far as festival venues go tempe beach park is quite small, i would think it could hold more than 5k but not that much more (10k?). Korn recently played there don't know if there is a way to find out what that turn out was?
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

Bill Hilly wrote:So are you a contractor over there in Germany?
Representing Sweden with our welfare and beautiful women.
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Post by Pimple »

The only time I have seen TOOL at a festival was the Big Day Out 2011 (I missed 2006) there were 50,000 people there and we stood a long way back... It would be awesome to see TOOL and Primus at a smaller festival venue like this one sounds to be.... Not to mention the potential for cool inter-band interaction, as someone mentioned previously. Les Claypool slapping out his version of Schism or something similar would be awesome....
Be good to each other.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

I literally think that Primus sucks so i'd only go for Tool and Ghost. Hopefully Danny will play as their drummer with a mask, that'd be hilarious :D
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Bill Hilly wrote:That's pretty insane if that is true. I was thinking about going even without knowing it was going to be that small. Any other 4theyers thinking about this show? It would be cool to meet some of my cool people on here.
I'd like to go but I doubt I will be able to sneak away from the family for a weekend, especially during Halloween hah. It'd be a long ass drive too, wyoming to AZ.
LetsGoBruins
Maynard Believer

Post by LetsGoBruins »

It's not like they have a ton of songs to choose from. I think it would be awesome if they did what APC did and have each show be a whole album with one song from Opiate. That's what they should have done for the past few years. Tour around the country, each city gets a whole album, but you don't know which one it will be.
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

it looks like they can pack them in.
Bones
of Arimathea

Post by Bones »

Thinking about it.....not big on festivals, but a tool Halloween gig is tough to pass on
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

I live 5 hours away but my dumb brother in law decided to get married on Halloween. So mad I can't make this show. My wife loves coheed, and we both love primus and she was almost considering missing her brothers wedding for this show. Haha. Hopefully they do a southern Cali date to warm up.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

Only 5000 tickets!?!?!?!?!!?

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccccccccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk....
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Post by blacksabbath »

My brother said he will get us tickets and fly me out there, so it looks like I have no choice.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I'll be the guy wearing the Tool shirt.
Don't mow your lawn
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

Sounds like there could be quite a few of us in attendance. If there is only 5000 capacity, tomorrow will probably be a cluster fuck. Uke will be the guy wearing the Tool shirt. I will be the guy sitting on a shitload of recycled Tool shirts. You can't miss us.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:I'll be the guy wearing the Tool shirt.
This sounds familiar
Hey! Denty!