The Grudge (WARNING: 26 years to #6?)

The Main Event
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Re: The Grudge (WARNING: Lawn Mowers!)

Post by Kittaan »

blacksabbath wrote:I'm living in a van for the next couple weeks
Please tell me it's down by the river.... That reminds me... I really want to see that Chris Farley doco.
Bill Hilly wrote:I will lay sod for you if Tool doesn't have an album out before Trump is elected.
Is that some kind of euphemism?
Ki77aan :twisted:
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

More than not.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Bill Hilly wrote:I will lay sod for you if Tool doesn't have an album out before Trump is elected.
Hahaha, I like you.
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Post by blacksabbath »

hellboy wrote:
blacksabbath wrote: I'm pretty sure they have been stringing us along with this album release. But if you feel differently that's fine. Glad to know you mowed some of your lawn.
I don't disagree that they've been stringing us along. Calling them liars is a strong term though. I just don't agree when people consider Danny saying something like "we plan to be in the studio by the end of the year" deliberately deceptive.

There's a whole bunch of things that don't seem right in regards to this latest album. Something is or has been wrong within the band, either it's extreme laziness, some kind personal problems, writers block or all of the above.
But he's not being entirely honest either. He probably knows that they won't be in the studio by the end of the year, even if he hopes to be. Just like when you told your wife you would mow the lawn "soon", you knew it would be a couple of weeks before you actually did. And then you only mowed half of it. If it makes you feel better, I'll say that neither you or tool are lying, but there is a lack of honesty and disclosure. If that still bugs you I'll call you both Abraham Lincoln.
dickleiper
of Arimathea

Post by dickleiper »

hellboy wrote:
There's a whole bunch of things that don't seem right in regards to this latest album. Something is or has been wrong within the band, either it's extreme laziness, some kind personal problems, writers block or all of the above.
couldnt agree more with you here hellboy!. I have suspected this for a while now. we get weeks/months of nothing from them, and you start to think that maybe, they have been busy at work and will drop a bombshell and release the damn thing. but, nope..nothing. Something is wrong in the land of Tool.

Anyone remember Mog? he called it back in 2011-12 - that Tool were bullshiting us and we wouldnt get anything until at least 2016, if ever.. Bet, he is having a laugh...wherever he is.
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

The Grudge (WARNING: Lawn Mowers!)

Post by blacksabbath »

Kittaan wrote:
blacksabbath wrote:I'm living in a van for the next couple weeks
Please tell me it's down by the river.... That reminds me... I really want to see that Chris Farley doco.
Is that some kind of euphemism?

I wish I was down by the river or the ocean since I'm so close, but it's in this massive concrete slab called, San Jose. Waiting on a meditation retreat to start.
Last edited by blacksabbath on Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

Don't worry man. I'm sure all your questions/concerns will be answered when they either:

a. Can the album
b. Release the album
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

dickleiper wrote: couldnt agree more with you here hellboy!. I have suspected this for a while now. we get weeks/months of nothing from them, and you start to think that maybe, they have been busy at work and will drop a bombshell and release the damn thing. but, nope..nothing. Something is wrong in the land of Tool.

Anyone remember Mog? he called it back in 2011-12 - that Tool were bullshiting us and we wouldnt get anything until at least 2016, if ever.. Bet, he is having a laugh...wherever he is.
Mog is actually back on the boards. He doesn't post in the Tool forum though. Also, he was not the only one being pessimistic about Tool. Most of us have known that something was askew for a while now. But, let's just look at this from another perspective. Just because they are quiet doesn't mean that progress isn't being made. We know for a fact that progress has been made. We know for a fact that Maynard has been contributing. His son, Devo, might have actually heard some of the new music. Whether or not they decided to scrap things and start over is a question that will probably be answered at some point. As a matter of fact, that is a question that I personally sent to Hellboy to ask Blair. I see signs that things are still going in the right direction. We have the recent post from Junior that is pretty positive. We also might get thrown a couple bones when Blair does the Q & A. Also, Hellboy made a couple comments about the album on the front page when the site was updated. I'm staying pretty optimistic, and if you look at my first posts when I joined this site, it was quite the opposite.
dickleiper
of Arimathea

Post by dickleiper »

Bill Hilly wrote:
dickleiper wrote: couldnt agree more with you here hellboy!. I have suspected this for a while now. we get weeks/months of nothing from them, and you start to think that maybe, they have been busy at work and will drop a bombshell and release the damn thing. but, nope..nothing. Something is wrong in the land of Tool.

Mog is actually back on the boards. He doesn't post in the Tool forum though. Also, he was not the only one being pessimistic about Tool. Most of us have known that something was askew for a while now. But, let's just look at this from another perspective. Just because they are quiet doesn't mean that progress isn't being made. We know for a fact that progress has been made. We know for a fact that Maynard has been contributing. His son, Devo, might have actually heard some of the new music. Whether or not they decided to scrap things and start over is a question that will probably be answered at some point. As a matter of fact, that is a question that I personally sent to Hellboy to ask Blair. I see signs that things are still going in the right direction. We have the recent post from Junior that is pretty positive. We also might get thrown a couple bones when Blair does the Q & A. Also, Hellboy made a couple comments about the album on the front page when the site was updated. I'm staying pretty optimistic, and if you look at my first posts when I joined this site, it was quite the opposite.
Yea i hear ya mate

i suppose some of the frustration comes from all those little projects that that have been talked about that never see the light of day...as well as the album. Tool runs deep in my veins and my loyalty will never be questioned but geez they are testing me!!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

blacksabbath wrote:
hellboy wrote:
blacksabbath wrote: I'm pretty sure they have been stringing us along with this album release. But if you feel differently that's fine. Glad to know you mowed some of your lawn.
I don't disagree that they've been stringing us along. Calling them liars is a strong term though. I just don't agree when people consider Danny saying something like "we plan to be in the studio by the end of the year" deliberately deceptive.

But he's not being entirely honest either. He probably knows that they won't be in the studio by the end of the year, even if he hopes to be. Just like when you told your wife you would mow the lawn "soon", you knew it would be a couple of weeks before you actually did. And then you only mowed half of it. If it makes you feel better, I'll say that neither you or tool are lying, but there is a lack of honesty and disclosure. If that still bugs you I'll call you both Abraham Lincoln.
You're passing off a lot of assumptions as facts here. You don't know what happened in the loft after that interview, maybe they had written an entire album's worth of music and Adam decided it wasn't good enough and scrapped it, or maybe Justin sat on the big red "delete album" button or maybe Danny is just really bad at estimating. I know I am.
Don't mow your lawn
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Post by blacksabbath »

I'm not passing anything off as facts. Hence, the use of probably. I'm not really even assuming. We are both speculating. Our speculations just happen to be different.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

dickleiper wrote: Anyone remember Mog? he called it back in 2011-12 - that Tool were bullshiting us and we wouldnt get anything until at least 2016, if ever.. Bet, he is having a laugh...wherever he is.
He probably is having a laugh. Many of us (myself included) suspected there were problems in the band back then, but I don't think many of us were so pessimistic as to when they expected a new album. I would ague thought, that a good number of the band members now have a lot more going on in their lives than just Tool than they ever used to. Even when they only "focused" on Tool, it still took them bloody years to do anything. Add babies, wine making, side projects and more into the mix, not to mention no real motivation to create (other than to satisfy artistic urges) and it's a recipe for delays.
lo7us

Post by lo7us »

blacksabbath wrote:I'm not passing anything off as facts. Hence, the use of probably. I'm not really even assuming. We are both speculating. Our speculations just happen to be different.
Sup TOD - Black Sabbath? Banned from tdn eh? :(
From bearded clam cums bearded jam
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Post by blacksabbath »

lo7us wrote:
blacksabbath wrote:I'm not passing anything off as facts. Hence, the use of probably. I'm not really even assuming. We are both speculating. Our speculations just happen to be different.
What up Lotus? Yep. I'm banned. How's it going over there? Nice toad by the way.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

hellboy wrote: Add babies, wine making, side projects and more into the mix, not to mention no real motivation to create (other than to satisfy artistic urges) and it's a recipe for delays.

What about the new PS4 console? I'll bet that took some time off their hands.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

Just make sure when you mow, it's not another guys lawn...

Generic triangle avatar lives on.
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Post by blacksabbath »

https://vimeo.com/138499233 my brother went to the late night show and sent me this pretty cool stuff.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Nice clip. I really want to see Volto.

Love Danny's FZ tee too.
Ki77aan :twisted:
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Post by blacksabbath »

Oh, I didn't even notice it. He's wearing a freak out! Tee.
lo7us

Post by lo7us »

blacksabbath wrote:
lo7us wrote:
What up Lotus? Yep. I'm banned. How's it going over there? Nice toad by the way.
The same. Thanks!
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Post by blacksabbath »

You're welcome.
lo7us

Post by lo7us »

I need a snowblower by this winter. Sick of paying $50 a plow everytime it snows more than 2".

Thinking of getting a used one. They be expensive as cocaine ffs.
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Post by blacksabbath »

Don't get snowblind!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Call Mr Plow