Movies, TV and other video based media
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Re: Movie/TV News

Post by Calfium Jay »

HA!!!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/film/what-to ... ice-flops/

Did anyone here actually pay to SEE any of those?!?!?

Betcha did..!

Avengers: Age Of Ultron was the worst film I paid to see in 2015.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Yeah, all those movies looked pretty terrible. I hardly ever go to the movies these days, so Age of Ultron kinda wins by default - I regret paying money to see it and should have just waited to download it.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Anyway, no point dwelling on shitty movies, here's one I'd actually like to see:

UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Kurt Russell needs to be in more movies.
Don't mow your lawn
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

Actually sat with the wifey and scoped two decent (and weird) movies on Netflix this past weekend.

The first was a dark comedy called Doomsdays (just made available on netflix a month ago) about a couple man-children vagabonds who loot and live in abandoned homes. It had Leo Fitzpatrick (Telly from Kids) and a dude named Justin Rice (who I do not recognise from anything in particular).

The next was Only God Forgives. It would appear it doesn't rate that highly in reviews, but I found it a worthwhile watch, especially compared to the influx of remakes, rom-coms and superhero movies. There is very little dialogue and from a visual standpoint, it kicked ass. It's very David Lynch-esque in it's cinematography (if you can picture the midget dream sequences from Twin Peaks, with better colour and nearly no talking). Ryan Gosling (from a Place Between the Pines) is the only person I recognised in it. It's pretty cool in it's Bangkok underworld creepiness and I'd recommend it if you're into shit that's not right up in your face obvious all he time.
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

petemasterpete wrote:The next was Only God Forgives. It would appear it doesn't rate that highly in reviews, but I found it a worthwhile watch, especially compared to the influx of remakes, rom-coms and superhero movies. There is very little dialogue and from a visual standpoint, it kicked ass. It's very David Lynch-esque in it's cinematography (if you can picture the midget dream sequences from Twin Peaks, with better colour and nearly no talking). Ryan Gosling (from a Place Between the Pines) is the only person I recognised in it. It's pretty cool in it's Bangkok underworld creepiness and I'd recommend it if you're into shit that's not right up in your face obvious all he time.
Thanks for reminding me about this one, I've been meaning to check it out. It was written and directed by Nicolas Winding Refn, who did 'Drive.'

If you haven't already seen it, you might enjoy 'Holy Motors.' It's definitely in a Lynchian-vein as well.

[youtube][/youtube]
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Vinyl - HBO Series - Season 1 - Drama, Music - HD Trailer - Martin Scorsese, Mick Jagger

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

hellboy wrote:Yeah, all those movies looked pretty terrible. I hardly ever go to the movies these days, so Age of Ultron kinda wins by default - I regret paying money to see it and should have just waited to download it.
I think you should write a well thought out letter and ask for it back. I doubt the billion it made worldwide minus your $25 will put them in the red. :lol:
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

petemasterpete wrote:Actually sat with the wifey and scoped two decent (and weird) movies on Netflix this past weekend.

The first was a dark comedy called Doomsdays (just made available on netflix a month ago) about a couple man-children vagabonds who loot and live in abandoned homes. It had Leo Fitzpatrick (Telly from Kids) and a dude named Justin Rice (who I do not recognise from anything in particular).

The next was Only God Forgives. It would appear it doesn't rate that highly in reviews, but I found it a worthwhile watch, especially compared to the influx of remakes, rom-coms and superhero movies. There is very little dialogue and from a visual standpoint, it kicked ass. It's very David Lynch-esque in it's cinematography (if you can picture the midget dream sequences from Twin Peaks, with better colour and nearly no talking). Ryan Gosling (from a Place Between the Pines) is the only person I recognised in it. It's pretty cool in it's Bangkok underworld creepiness and I'd recommend it if you're into shit that's not right up in your face obvious all he time.
Only God Forgives was excellent, it came out limited and the indie movie theater by me played it for quite a while. Nicolas Winding Refn also directed Bronson with Tom Hardy, which if you haven't seen it already I strongly recommend it. he also has a movie coming out called "The Neon Demon" which just wrapped up and is ready for 2016. Keanu is in it, plus a few lovely ladies: Bella Heathcote, Jena Malone, Abbey Lee and Jamie Clayton.
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:Nicolas Winding Refn also directed Bronson with Tom Hardy, which if you haven't seen it already I strongly recommend it.
Ah, I didn't realize he'd directed 'Bronson.' That was a great one.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

nxrm wrote:
N.Y.H.C. wrote:Nicolas Winding Refn also directed Bronson with Tom Hardy, which if you haven't seen it already I strongly recommend it.
Ah, I didn't realize he'd directed 'Bronson.' That was a great one.
I think he also penned the script. he's a beast.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Calfium Jay wrote:HA!!!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/film/what-to ... ice-flops/

Did anyone here actually pay to SEE any of those?!?!?

Betcha did..!

Avengers: Age Of Ultron was the worst film I paid to see in 2015.
not for nothing but Ant-Man kicked Age Of Ultron's ass, didn't see that one coming.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Ultron was fun for what it was. If you're familiar with his comic book counterpart though he's a huge letdown. He makes Skynet look like a walk in the park.

Ant-Man was fun but not great either. I like Paul Rudd but I had trouble buying him as a super hero.
Hey! Denty!
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Ravenpig wrote:Ultron was fun for what it was. If you're familiar with his comic book counterpart though he's a huge letdown. He makes Skynet look like a walk in the park.

Ant-Man was fun but not great either. I like Paul Rudd but I had trouble buying him as a super hero.
I was skeptical going in but I think on the fact they lost their writer and director while being in production and still pulled off a fun movie was impressive. acting was dope too, all around. at the San Diego Comic Con they played a clip of Civil War that mostly featured Paul Rudd and I heard the crowd was laughing their asses off, it was much different than the intense trailer they just dropped this week on Kimmel.
Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

[youtube][/youtube]

A HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

"Oh wow...dat looks sick..cos like day have da super hero costooms and da POW POW POW POW and all da speshul effects and dat stuff...yeah dats gunna be da sick one!!!!!!!"

Fucken hell.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

Talk about fucking MISCASTING!!!

Holy fucking shit.

Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

Now this is more like it...

[youtube][/youtube]

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Yeah, Superman vs Batman looks laughably bad at the moment, but no real shocks there.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

hellboy wrote:Yeah, Superman vs Batman looks laughably bad at the moment, but no real shocks there.
Typical Zack Snyder. Dude fucking sucks.
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

joeypants wrote:
hellboy wrote:Yeah, Superman vs Batman looks laughably bad at the moment, but no real shocks there.
Typical Zack Snyder. Dude fucking sucks.
I thought 300 looked amazing, as did Watchmen. Sucker Punch also had some great visuals, but was entirely forgettable.

Man of Steel was a bit of a mess: great production value, some interesting new takes on the character, but it took itself far too seriously.

I don't know what to think about this one yet. It's only a 3 minute trailer, but already it feels like it's just going to be super heroes punching each other for a few hours.
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

Calfium Jay wrote:Now this is more like it...

[youtube][/youtube]
Yeah, this one looks really interesting. Definitely getting the Run Lola Run vibe from it.
Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

It WAS bad. "Jar Jar Binks" bad.

:|

nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

petemasterpete wrote:AThe next was Only God Forgives. It would appear it doesn't rate that highly in reviews, but I found it a worthwhile watch, especially compared to the influx of remakes, rom-coms and superhero movies. There is very little dialogue and from a visual standpoint, it kicked ass. It's very David Lynch-esque in it's cinematography (if you can picture the midget dream sequences from Twin Peaks, with better colour and nearly no talking). Ryan Gosling (from a Place Between the Pines) is the only person I recognised in it. It's pretty cool in it's Bangkok underworld creepiness and I'd recommend it if you're into shit that's not right up in your face obvious all he time.
Definitely not a mainstream movie, but a bit more straight forward than I expected (with the exception of the scenes of character's thoughts).

This one was a slow burn with a great deal of underlying tension throughout.

Thanks again for mentioning it.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

nxrm wrote:
Calfium Jay wrote:Now this is more like it...
Yeah, this one looks really interesting. Definitely getting the Run Lola Run vibe from it.
Agreed. Damn, just checked, RLR was 1998. Haven't seen it since the theater. That would be a good one to revisit.
Ki77aan :twisted:
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

nxrm wrote:
petemasterpete wrote:AThe next was Only God Forgives. It would appear it doesn't rate that highly in reviews, but I found it a worthwhile watch, especially compared to the influx of remakes, rom-coms and superhero movies. There is very little dialogue and from a visual standpoint, it kicked ass. It's very David Lynch-esque in it's cinematography (if you can picture the midget dream sequences from Twin Peaks, with better colour and nearly no talking). Ryan Gosling (from a Place Between the Pines) is the only person I recognised in it. It's pretty cool in it's Bangkok underworld creepiness and I'd recommend it if you're into shit that's not right up in your face obvious all he time.
Definitely not a mainstream movie, but a bit more straight forward than I expected (with the exception of the scenes of character's thoughts).

This one was a slow burn with a great deal of underlying tension throughout.

Thanks again for mentioning it.
you're welcome being I mentioned it like 2 years ago lol. ::humbly takes full credit::

http://fourtheye.net/f/viewtopic.php?f= ... ves#p23708