Tour de Puscifer 2016

Maynard's multimedia extravaganza!
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Re: Tour de Puscifer 2016

Post by Ettan »

Just met Barker and the new keybordist and it was the most awkward thing ever. I just Said "Barker!" then he stopped by, I had no idea what to say so I just stood there. Then after about 5 seconds he walked away.
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

crash and burn
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Bob Barker?
Hey! Denty!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Clive Barker
Don't mow your lawn
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

The show was awesome, way way better than I had thought. Have some neat intel because one of the guys I went with got a photo-pass. Will post a longer review once I get home
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Glad you enjoyed it Ettan. MJK always puts on a good show IME. Some are better than others of course...
Ki77aan :twisted:
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

Ettan wrote:Just met Barker and the new keybordist and it was the most awkward thing ever. I just Said "Barker!" then he stopped by, I had no idea what to say so I just stood there. Then after about 5 seconds he walked away.
My buddy and I went to a VOLTO show in Chicago. The front of the venue is a restaurant, and we got there early so we grabbed some food and drinks. From the door behind me DC comes walking through with camera in hand to take a pic of the marquee. He basically screamed DANNY CAREY! as he walked through the door. He walked to our table and we pretty much froze and laughed at him for being an idiot. After the show we got to shake his hand tho so it was all worth it haha.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

*Some formating and grammar might be wrong, but i'm too lazy to fix it right now*
Pre-show

We booked a table at the venues own restaurant and had dinner there. Ended up buying a whole lot of drinks, some whiskey and a bottle of champagne. Then to top it all off, as I said before, Paul Barker and the new keyboardist walked in. Really cool to "meet" them, even though we only exchanged 2 words. Oh well, time for the show.

Luchafer

Once we got in the venue we immediately went for the front row spot, slightly to the left, which we got. Must have had the best view I could get, as i'm a tall dude. Time for Luchafer! The lights went down and the Queen B remix started, and in comes Luchafer. It was fun for about 5 minutes, then I looked down on my watch and thought "has it only been 5 minutes?". I just didn't get it, it was cool when they were integrated with Puscifer but when they performed solo it was kinda meh. The crowd was into it though, we had a few laughs but other than that it just wasn't my cup of tea. One guy kept screaming "Maynard you suck!", but thank fuck Puscifer has the most badass head of security ever. A big, short, bald brittish guy. He was active the whole show, sweeping the crowd. When he heard the guy scream he just went forward to the stage and stared the guy to death. He said to the security team down at the barrier right before Puscifer came on "2 warnings to people with phones, 3 times and they get out. No questions asked." Hell, even the security team got kinda scared.

Puscifer

Simultaneous

Vinyl version was played, as usual and it was amazing. What an opener! At first I thought it was a weird choice for an opener but it really got the crowd going. At this point the place was absolutely packed and it got kinda rough, people pushed to the front but we didn't give up our spot. The negative thing with being in the front was the audio, we heard Jeff 100% and the rest of the band 80%. I liked that though, as I soon noticed that Jeff is an absolute beast. The guy is so focused, really cool to watch.

Maynardism: Stockholm!

Galileo

Great song, Paul really shows of in this one.

Agostina

Beautiful song, love the riff at the end.

Luchafer

Sigh. Maynard's reactions seemed forced.

Vagine Mine

One of my favorites, loved it. Maynards dancing was really fun to watch. Never seen him that into it before, he seemed to be in a really good mood.

Horizons

Amazing

The Arsonist

The big video screen was revealed during this one, cool cinematics and added another layer of lightning. WHAT'S THE MATTER BEAVIS!

The Remedy

My favorite song from Money shot, I was almost in tears it was so good.

Life of Brian

Was not impressed with this one, probably the worst song of the night.

Rev 22:20 (Carina solo)

Maynardism "Miss Carina round". Never been a huge fan of Rev 22:20, and Carina's version didn't change my mind. It was ok, but that was all.

Grand Canyon

Finally! Loved this one. Really cool visuals.

The Rapture

Better live than on CD, still can't believe how into it Maynard was. It was like I was watching a Tool bootleg from 2001.

Breathe

Maynard did a really funny Michael Jackson dance during this one, which unfortunately was the only good thing Breathe. This song has such a weird structure, it's the same thing for almost 5 minutes. "Don't forget to breathe". They have has better songs in their catalogue, in my opinion.

Toma

Act 3 was kinda eh in my opinion, so when Toma kicked in I knew I was in for a treat. The crowd went nuts, which I didn't expect to happen on a Puscifer show. By nuts I mean everyone was dancing and having a good time, including me. One guy from the crew went on stage with a chicken mask and did the moon-walk all over the stage, the bald security guy didn't know what was happening so he flipped out and ran all over the place until he realized it was their own crew who was up on the stage. The crew that was on the side of the stage had a good laugh.
Maynardism: No, you aren't on acid, that was indeed a chicken doing a moon-walk.

Telling Ghosts

Highlight of the show.

Flippant

Cool version of Money Shot, really short though.

Conditions of My Parole

Carina and Maynard walked around during this one, Maynard humped the boxring fence really weird and it was hilarious. Carina even went to the absolute front of the stage, if I had reached out my hand to her I could've touched her. Then she went to the bald security badass and sang to him, he kept a straight face for a while but ended up laughing and winking to us at the front. Good times. I hate hate hate hate hate the bullhorn though, it sounds like distorted shit.

Money Shot

The energy was through the roof now and everyone went wild with headbanging and hands in the air all over the place.

Man Overboard

It couldn't get any better than this, everyone was dancing and singing and the Luchafer guys/gals also had a good time. I've never seen a crowd at a Puscifer show this wild and into it, everyone had their hands in the air and sang along. It was euphoric.

The Humbling river

Felt good to cool down for a while, beautiful song.

Autumn

I was sad because I knew this was the end, very good song to end the set with. I was one hand away from getting Jeff's drum stick. So close..

Extra stuff

As I said before, one of us got a photo-pass so he met the FK Scorpios management, they booked Puscifer. Apparently, Puscifers management was not easy people to deal with. But hey, at least no one took any photos of a concert! Hell, the photo-pass people were told by FK scorpio to stand up during Luchafer so the Puscifer crew wouldn't get mad. Nonetheless, Puscifer delivered one hell of a show that i'll never forget. I'll include some pictures:

ImageImage
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I smell a liar...
Don't mow your lawn
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

They spelled sirkus wrong.
Hey! Denty!
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:I smell a liar...
Me? :?
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

If this Puscifer thing is real? Then why is this the first I'm hearing of it?
Don't mow your lawn
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Yeah, what's a Puscifer?
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

An old old wooden ship used back during the Civil War era.
Hey! Denty!
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

Puscifer is hard to come by these days, to be fair.
also, Avatar!
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Quick recap of Sydney show last week:

The new ICC theatre that just opened has the best acoustics I've ever heard. Seriously even whistles from the crowd sounded amazing. If you ever get a chance to see a band there.... Go!

Maynard is clearly so much more into Puscifer than Tool at this point I wouldn't even be surprised if he just up and quits them in next few years. This isn't so much a negative in my mind, more just an observation.

Puscifer live are great bloody fun. I really enjoy watching these guys and their last 2 albums have both been on point for me.

Carina for me is the main focal point of this band. Her voice is amazing and she is delightfully strange to watch.

Maynard sounded freaking amazing and fortunately didn't suffer any kind of issues with his mix levels.

Drummer cant remember his name slays and really makes Puscifer sound the way they do.

It sure is great to not have cameras up in ya face the whole time when watching a band and I wish more artists took a stand against it.

Song highlights:

Agostina
Vagina mine
Toma
The remedy
Money shot
The arsonist
Listen to All Them Witches
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Busty McCracken wrote:Drummer cant remember his name
Jeff Friedl

He and Matt make a pretty good rhythm section, huh?
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Yeah man, great bass tone too!
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

Matt is not playing with Puscifer right now tho right? hasnt been since Money Shot came out?
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Don't know names but i do know that the fella from ministry took over bass duties from money shot onwards. Like his predecessor has a killer bass tone.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Totally spaced that Paul Barker took over bass duties from Matt.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

MobileVortex wrote:Matt is not playing with Puscifer right now tho right? hasnt been since Money Shot came out?
Yeah, Paul Barker is the man now. I think Matt McJunkins has been working with Eagles of Death Metal or some other bands (though he and Jeff still do The Beta Machine together). Wouldn't surprise me to see Matt back in the Puscifer camp at some stage.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

I really enjoyed Matt last tour when they came to Aus as Puscifer and APC but felt they lost nothing by having Paul in his place
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Busty McCracken wrote:I really enjoyed Matt last tour when they came to Aus as Puscifer and APC but felt they lost nothing by having Paul in his place
Paul is an excellent bass player, as is Matt. Puscifer isn't really a band to stretch a bass player though - I reckon I could probably do it.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

There is some seriously tasty licks on the last 2 albums that while may not be technically insane to play, it's a whole different concept to actually be able to write them and have them fit the song. So I see where you're coming from but have to disagree