Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Krazy_blah wrote: ...Time to release a new album to go with those empty promises.
FIXED
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Like I say I was surprised given my love of Tool live, but if someone was to present me a dollar value on how much I have spent on seeing them on their 3 tours since 10,000 days came out when you factor in flights, accomodation, tickets, cabs, drinks, food, drugs It would be downright depressing. If they came back and my choice was metalloca with 4-5 new songs or Tool with same setlist rotated with a couple of different songs from their last tour that I've likely seen before..... Metallica wins hands down.

And Krazy, just out of curiosity how long since you've seen Tallica live? They sound terrible on every recording I hear, but last few times I've seen them, they've sounded great, Hetfield included.
Listen to All Them Witches
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

Busty McCracken wrote:
And Krazy, just out of curiosity how long since you've seen Tallica live? They sound terrible on every recording I hear, but last few times I've seen them, they've sounded great, Hetfield included.
1994. I haven't liked any of their output since Justice, minus a song here and there, so I really have zero interest of ever seeing them live. Can't stand Hetfield attempts to "sing" either.
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

Krazy_blah wrote:
Busty McCracken wrote:
1994. I haven't liked any of their output since Justice, minus a song here and there, so I really have zero interest of ever seeing them live. Can't stand Hetfield attempts to "sing" either.
Well, at least Metallica let's their fans vote for the setlist each night. Doesn't matter if some songs are 30+ years old or not, Hetfield will still give 100%. Sounded hella good when I saw them back in 2015!
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Fair enough, can understand seeing as you got to see them at the back end of their glory days. Most of their output since Black has been terrible but stand by Bleeding Me off Load & about 70% of the new album standing up strong against their early work.

And as Ettan has also agreed on, they are still great fun live. Any live recording you hear from them doesn't do justice to how they actually sound in person.

Tool are still a superior live band by far but at least Metallica mix up their setlists each night and have new material to show off.
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

greasy wrote:
sudnshok wrote:
greasy wrote: HB....thanks for the rant. You gotta throw a lotta shit at the wall until something sticks, and Its safe to say it will be read by somebody in their camp. Bravo sir.
Their website - that people have PAID to use - has been broken for like 6-7 years now. If they can't fix a simple website, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for them to fix a broken ticketing system. If people keep packing these shows for an easy payday - despite this band doing absolutely nothing for the last 8 years - there is no incentive for them to change. I know I am in the extreme minority, but I will not be attending any of these shows...not until they produce some new material. Next time I see them live will be when they tour to support the new album, which looks like may never happen.
We all know about the lawsuit with Cam that they had to deal with. That not only took up a lot of time, but from a creative standpoint, certainly can create a roadblock. I would hardly say they have done absolutely nothing for the last 8 years. A few tours, settling the lawsuit, working on the new record, and whatever 'curveball' surprise that may or may not exist certainly counts for something. Am I frustrated that the album is not out? Certainly. However I, nor any of us here, completely understand what delays they have dealt with as a band. I am, and will continue to be patient.
I respect your position but I am long past giving them a free pass based on the lawsuit. I am tired of hearing pretty soon. So I am with Sundnshok on this. When/if they have new material to present I will happily open my wallet. I am certainly not going to make excuses for what is basically a poor work ethic and a complete disregard for a fanbase that has loyally supported the band for 25 years.

I honestly cannot think of another band on Tool's scale that treats their fans so poorly. Hell in Maynard's case it is down right hatred. The man literally hates Tool fans. He literally called Tool fans retards. Why on earth would I ever take up for Tool again on anything? Sorry they have to earn back my respect. Maybe start with fixing Toolarmy for all those loyal members. Maybe run a presale that is beyond the scope of VIP packages. Maybe replace pretty soon with something slightly more realistic.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

THE1TRUEMOG wrote:
I honestly cannot think of another band on Tool's scale that treats their fans so poorly. Hell in Maynard's case it is down right hatred. The man literally hates Tool fans. He literally called Tool fans retards. Why on earth would I ever take up for Tool again on anything? Sorry they have to earn back my respect. Maybe start with fixing Toolarmy for all those loyal members. Maybe run a presale that is beyond the scope of VIP packages. Maybe replace pretty soon with something slightly more realistic.
Actually it was more aimed at fans that take everything so seriously. Like the post above.

And I'm not trying to make apologies for Tool's treatment of fans here by the way, but most people like to take that "insufferable retards" quote quite out of context to defend their own views on how much Maynard hates the band.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

That one shitty fucking website posted the quote as "Maynard calls Tool fans insufferable retards" as a headline and people just ran with it.

He actually said "some" ("or a few" don't remember) which lets face it, is absolutely true (to be fair that can be said about ANY band's/artists' fans). I had zero problems with it.
Hey! Denty!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

The thing about that too is that those are probably the fans he's exposed to the most.
Don't mow your lawn
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

The Blood Into Wine documentary is certainly skewed towards the insufferable retards. Watching the bottle signings makes me cringe whenever I see it.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Bill Hilly wrote:The Blood Into Wine documentary is certainly skewed towards the insufferable retards. Watching the bottle signings makes me cringe whenever I see it.
There certainly are a number of Tool fans that are unsufferable retards - I don't think anyone disputes that.
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

hellboy wrote:
THE1TRUEMOG wrote:
Actually it was more aimed at fans that take everything so seriously. Like the post above.

And I'm not trying to make apologies for Tool's treatment of fans here by the way, but most people like to take that "insufferable retards" quote quite out of context to defend their own views on how much Maynard hates the band.
I think you are off base on a number of points here. First being using my post as evidence of a "too serious" Tool fan. As it relates to Tool I have been AFK for quite some time. Responding to a post about not giving the band a free pass hardly throws me into the Spiral out category.

Moreover, at no point did I bring up the tweet as an attempt to defend any position on Maynard as it pertains to the band. Specifically, it was used as an example of how members of Tool view the fanbase. Furthermore, that one quote isn't the only instance of Maynard expressing distaste for Tool fans at large. My perspective on this is formed based off of numerous interviews. A recent one with CBC? I believe being most striking although I don't have the link in front of me at the moment.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Not sure what tweet you're talking about? Your last paragraph confuses me.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Basically he's saying regardless of that specific quote, Maynard treats Tool fans and anything related like garbage and it's hard to argue with. Granted it's been a while between drinks since anything new came out from the band but When was the last time he spoke a positive word about the band or it's fans?
greasy
Has been

Post by greasy »

Adam Jones. Instagram. Recording studio. :shock:
Yes, I am the same Greasy from the hubs (remember AMT?)

https://www.ebay.com/str/cgreinsky
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

greasy wrote:Adam Jones. Instagram. Recording studio. :shock:
That's the Loft, FWIW.
greasy
Has been

Post by greasy »

Thanks Junior. Progress is nice to see. One helluva synth board in there!
Yes, I am the same Greasy from the hubs (remember AMT?)

https://www.ebay.com/str/cgreinsky
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Tool to Finally Put Catalog on Streaming Services Ahead of New Album

http://www.spin.com/2017/03/tool-stream ... ple-music/

"But according to a new report from Bloomberg, that might all be about to change. According to “people with knowledge of the matter,” Maynard Keenan and his cohort have been talking to Spotify and Apple Music about making their catalog—including albums like Lateralus and Undertow—available to stream, for the first time ever."

HB, have you heard anything about this? Could this be the "news" you had heard about but couldnt mention?
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Only saw the article just now and was coming here to post. The article is a little vague and doesn't seem to elaborate on any sources, but let's assume talks have begun for now.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Busty McCracken wrote:When was the last time he spoke a positive word about the band or it's fans?
I'm not sure he has ever.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

hellboy wrote:
Busty McCracken wrote:When was the last time he spoke a positive word about the band or it's fans?
I'm not sure he has ever.
"Our core fanbase aren't fanatics. They're music lovers, artists and good people. It's the fanatics that are insufferable."
http://www.billboard.com/articles/colum ... e-puscifer

Everyone just likes to remember the negative, I guess.
Hey! Denty!
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Well I'll just shut my big mouth then.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Ravenpig wrote:
http://www.billboard.com/articles/colum ... e-puscifer

Everyone just likes to remember the negative, I guess.
Thanks ravenpig - context is important kids.

We all feel like some Tool fans are insufferable retards. Why should we expect Maynard to feel any different?
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Yep.

And as I said earlier, Tool isn't unique when it comes to "these types of fans". Everyone's got them.
Hey! Denty!
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

Calling your own fan base insufferable retards is pretty hilarious though, regardless of it being taken out of context for clickbate. I LOL'd hard when I saw it in real time.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy