Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
User avatar
greasy
Has been
Posts: 124
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:33 am
Location: NJ
Contact:

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by greasy » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:54 pm

THE1TRUEMOG wrote: You keep lining their pockets while they do nothing.
Actually I am in NJ, and we havent had a show closeby in 10 years. I havent even been given a chance to 'line their pockets' since a couple years after 10k days released.
Yes, I am the same Greasy from the hubs (remember AMT?)

https://www.ebay.com/str/cgreinsky

User avatar
MobileVortex
RIP
Posts: 361
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:16 am

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by MobileVortex » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:27 pm

I mean touring is not "doing nothing". It's just not doing what most of us prefer. When i go home and play Overwatch for 3 hours... That's doing nothing.

User avatar
hellboy
Site Admin
Posts: 11358
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:01 pm
Height: 182cm
Contact:

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by hellboy » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:32 pm

THE1TRUEMOG wrote: They have you hook, line, and sinker. You keep falling for it. You keep lining their pockets while they do nothing. It is pathetic.
No one is falling for anything, as I doubt anyone has any doubt as to where the money goes when they pay for tickets. The band touring is not the roadblock for the new album.

User avatar
hellboy
Site Admin
Posts: 11358
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:01 pm
Height: 182cm
Contact:

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by hellboy » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:42 pm

MobileVortex wrote:I mean touring is not "doing nothing". It's just not doing what most of us prefer. When i go home and play Overwatch for 3 hours... That's doing nothing.
You lazy fuck - I bet it's been over 10 years since you released an album too?

munchieswolf
Bronco's Fan
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:27 pm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by munchieswolf » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:44 pm

People saying they'll do a "secret" surprise release to prevent leaks are weird. A surprise release implies digital first, physical later anyway. Where's the leak going to come from? Danny?

User avatar
Calfium Jay
Duck Sucker
Posts: 2639
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:31 pm
Height: 189cm
Location: Between the buttons!!!

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Calfium Jay » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:15 pm

munchieswolf wrote:People saying they'll do a "secret" surprise release to prevent leaks are weird.

Yeah, but people also say that bears can't wear pants.

What do they know?


:|
People like me just want to watch the world burn.

whjeffs
Maynard Believer
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:18 pm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by whjeffs » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:51 am

greasy wrote:
THE1TRUEMOG wrote: You keep lining their pockets while they do nothing.
Actually I am in NJ, and we havent had a show closeby in 10 years. I havent even been given a chance to 'line their pockets' since a couple years after 10k days released.
I agree but where were you in 2012? I live in Maryland and saw Tool in NJ and Virginia on that winter tour. So it's actually only been 5 years. But still I have no problem paying for another greatest hits show from my favorite band since it's been 5 years since I saw the last one. The people that complain about Tool doing these so called cash grab tours would have a more valid argument if they did a full US tour every year with no new album.

User avatar
greasy
Has been
Posts: 124
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:33 am
Location: NJ
Contact:

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by greasy » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:00 am

munchieswolf wrote: Where's the leak going to come from? Danny?
Where did the 10k days leak come from, about a week before release date? They could certainly 'surprise' release an album without a digital format available. Physical copies can be made available for online preorder, a week before it hits stores. It CAN be done, I am not saying this is what they WILL do.
Yes, I am the same Greasy from the hubs (remember AMT?)

https://www.ebay.com/str/cgreinsky

User avatar
MobileVortex
RIP
Posts: 361
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:16 am

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by MobileVortex » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:38 am

hellboy wrote:
MobileVortex wrote:I mean touring is not "doing nothing". It's just not doing what most of us prefer. When i go home and play Overwatch for 3 hours... That's doing nothing.
You lazy fuck - I bet it's been over 10 years since you released an album too?
Fuck, it will have been 30 years Sunday. I have been waiting for the music so i can do my part. It will be worth the wait tho, it's the biggest project we've ever done.

User avatar
greasy
Has been
Posts: 124
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:33 am
Location: NJ
Contact:

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by greasy » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:28 am

whjeffs wrote:
greasy wrote:
THE1TRUEMOG wrote: You keep lining their pockets while they do nothing.
Actually I am in NJ, and we havent had a show closeby in 10 years. I havent even been given a chance to 'line their pockets' since a couple years after 10k days released.
I agree but where were you in 2012? I live in Maryland and saw Tool in NJ and Virginia on that winter tour. So it's actually only been 5 years. But still I have no problem paying for another greatest hits show from my favorite band since it's been 5 years since I saw the last one. The people that complain about Tool doing these so called cash grab tours would have a more valid argument if they did a full US tour every year with no new album.
My apologies, I did forget about that 2012 show. I was there, that was the only one since the 10k days tour.
Yes, I am the same Greasy from the hubs (remember AMT?)

https://www.ebay.com/str/cgreinsky

GabesCaves
My pain is just an excuse
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:31 am

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by GabesCaves » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:51 am

THE1TRUEMOG wrote:All this talk about dropping a secret album release is absolutely ridiculous. They are nowhere near finished they haven't even hit the damn studio and Maynard is busy with APC. Tool are currently wasting more time as we speak as they are likely practicing for the next leg in their never ending greatest hits tour.

They have you hook, line, and sinker. You keep falling for it. You keep lining their pockets while they do nothing. It is pathetic.

For the Northeast, that would be never existing tour.

munchieswolf
Bronco's Fan
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:27 pm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by munchieswolf » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:09 pm

greasy wrote:
munchieswolf wrote: Where's the leak going to come from? Danny?
Where did the 10k days leak come from, about a week before release date?
10,000 Days was not a surprise release, so not sure why you would bring this up.

User avatar
nxrm
Djangerous
Posts: 1494
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:13 am

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by nxrm » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:53 am

I went to The Baked Potato tonight and caught the first set of the Doug Webb Allstars. During the break I was fortunate to talk with Danny, and I asked him how high Tool fans must be to think the band would be releasing a new album prior to this upcoming tour. He laughed and said, "They can believe whatever they want, but it's not gonna happen." He added, and I'm condensing/paraphrasing here, that they hope to get into the studio to record in the Fall.

Danny is, as others have mentioned in the past, a genuinely down to earth and all around nice guy. He was quite sick tonight, but still showed up to play the show and was welcoming to everyone that approached him.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.

User avatar
Calfium Jay
Duck Sucker
Posts: 2639
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:31 pm
Height: 189cm
Location: Between the buttons!!!

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Calfium Jay » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:55 am

nxrm wrote:He added, and I'm condensing/paraphrasing here, that they hope to get into the studio to record in the Fall.

Of which year???
People like me just want to watch the world burn.

User avatar
hellboy
Site Admin
Posts: 11358
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:01 pm
Height: 182cm
Contact:

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by hellboy » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:42 am

nxrm wrote:He laughed and said, "They can believe whatever they want, but it's not gonna happen."
Tool fans are silly. There will still be some who will say he's just covering up the "real" story.

User avatar
greasy
Has been
Posts: 124
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:33 am
Location: NJ
Contact:

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by greasy » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:56 am

He's just covering up the real story. The quadruple album is already done and has been released under another bands name, only available for purchase in person at the puscifer store in AZ.
Yes, I am the same Greasy from the hubs (remember AMT?)

https://www.ebay.com/str/cgreinsky

User avatar
fortysixand2
Stinkyfist
Posts: 1001
Joined: Tue May 29, 2007 10:02 am

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by fortysixand2 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:01 am

Never believe anything on reddit. One nutbag comes up with some off-the-wall theory and all the other nutbags run with it. Thanks for your investigative journalism, nxrm!

User avatar
nxrm
Djangerous
Posts: 1494
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:13 am

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by nxrm » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:14 am

fortysixand2 wrote:Never believe anything on reddit. One nutbag comes up with some off-the-wall theory and all the other nutbags run with it. Thanks for your investigative journalism, nxrm!
Glad to help! I only decided to go to the show at the last minute, solely intending to ask where they were in the recording process (to confirm/quash some of these rumors). I've seen the Doug Webb Allstars a few times, and it's always a fun show, but after seeing how sick Danny was last night I almost left without asking him anything. Thankfully an opportunity presented itself, I found myself shaking his hand, and then tried my best to not blather on like a star-struck idiot. I'm pretty sure I failed miserably with that last part though.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.

User avatar
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick
Posts: 8661
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:10 am
Location: (c is da toot of crakter)

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by UndKeineZwEier » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:12 am

So you walked away with a souvenier, eh?
Don't mow your lawn

User avatar
nxrm
Djangerous
Posts: 1494
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:13 am

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by nxrm » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:42 am

UndKeineZwEier wrote:So you walked away with a souvenier, eh?
He offered his hand so I shook it, despite seeing him coughing into all night. Contagion: a small price to pay to get the inside information for my fellow Tool fans. :D
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.

User avatar
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster
Posts: 595
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:13 pm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Krazy_blah » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:15 pm

Cool! So they just walk around the place before/after they play? Never been there, how many people usually show up when Danny's playing?
Generic triangle avatar lives on.

User avatar
nxrm
Djangerous
Posts: 1494
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:13 am

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by nxrm » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:40 pm

Krazy_blah wrote:Cool! So they just walk around the place before/after they play? Never been there, how many people usually show up when Danny's playing?
They're usually focused on setting up prior to the show, but once set up (and before they actually play) they're just hanging out, talking to friends, fans, etc. In between sets is typically the best time to chat though, as the second set usually ends about 1:00 AM and they're looking to break down and get out at that point. Also, the crowd thins a bit after the first set so it's a much more relaxed setting.

Last night was the 4th time I've seen the Doug Webb Allstars, and as it was a Friday it was a packed house. My guess is about 100 people max can fit in that place.The first time I saw them I think it was a Sunday or Wednesday night, and there weren't too many people there: maybe 25. Just sitting in a small room with a few people watching the drummer from my favorite band having a great time playing some Jazz fusion with some great musicians. Definitely recommend it if you ever have the opportunity.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.

junior
Has been
Posts: 194
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:11 pm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by junior » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:11 pm

Krazy_blah wrote:Cool! So they just walk around the place before/after they play?
Yeah. There is no dressing room or backstage area, so there's nowhere else to be.

User avatar
the chill
Duck Hater
Posts: 384
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:40 am
Location: San Diego

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by the chill » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:00 pm

Thanks nxrm for the info. Glad Danny is cool enough to talk to the fans and share a little info. Damn it though, I wish Danny didn't say last fall on the Late Show with Seth Myers, "that the album will be out soon." 2018 ain't soon even by glacial time.

User avatar
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick
Posts: 8661
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:10 am
Location: (c is da toot of crakter)

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by UndKeineZwEier » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:38 pm

No offense, but at this point it's kind of on you if you get your hopes up about a vague statement like that from a Tool member (other than Maynard (and possibly Justin)).
Don't mow your lawn

Post Reply